PDA

View Full Version : Dominion Fully Available Now

LiNuX
09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Looks like Riot took Dominion out of beta and made a full release today, here is their official post: League of Legends: Dominion Available Now! | LoL - League of Legends (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/league-legends-dominion-available-now)

Summoners!

The moment that you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived! Today, you’ll step onto the battlefield to face off against your opponents on the Crystal Scar! Get ready to capture, defend and dominate your enemies in this brand new game mode for League of Legends!

We promised to deliver the unexpected in 2011, and today we make good on that claim.

Nearly a year in the making, League of Legends: Dominion represents the largest and most ambitious update to League of Legends since its launch in October of 2009. In Dominion, summoners do battle on a brand new map, the Crystal Scar, and vie for control over five Capture Points, a style of play never before attempted in the League of Legends universe.

League of Legends: Dominion is the latest example of our ongoing commitment to bringing you the best of the MOBA genre in new and innovative ways. You’ve been requesting new battlefields upon which to test your skills, and today you’ll do battle not only on a brand new Field of Justice, but in an entirely new and groundbreaking game mode!

Prepare yourselves, summoners! The battle for the Crystal Scar has officially begun!

I hope they fixed everything.

Yesterday I played a game as kat where I couldn't target an opposing Riven for anything. So everytime I faced her and her teammates, I killed her teammates but she wasn't taking any damage from me at all, normal or spell.

I haven't tried it after it was released today (might play a quick game to see if it's better).

ROFLBRYCE
09-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Wow, figured that it'd be in beta for another week or so yet. Well good news for me, lol. It's weird you're having trouble's with Kat's targets though man. I've yet to run into the problem with her spells, auto-attack, or the gunblade.

LiNuX
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM
It may just be kat...I just played a game with teemo and I owned. No problem targeting. Have to try kat again later.

But my first game with Kat, the problem wasn't that big. I did have some problems targeting but at least my ult hit. When I told you about Riven in the other thread, she wasn't getting hit by my ult either while the other teammate (or two) of hers was getting pummeled.

Muffincat
09-27-2011, 12:46 AM
Linux, have you ever tried to use Smart Casting? You can bind it to the QWER keys (it's default shift+Q/W/E/R, I think), and instead of showing you the little blue thing/having you click again, it will automatically cast it where your mouse is. It might help you in this case? It takes some getting used to, and for some abilities, it's not very good, but it should be good for Katarina, I think.

LiNuX
09-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Linux, have you ever tried to use Smart Casting? You can bind it to the QWER keys (it's default shift+Q/W/E/R, I think), and instead of showing you the little blue thing/having you click again, it will automatically cast it where your mouse is. It might help you in this case? It takes some getting used to, and for some abilities, it's not very good, but it should be good for Katarina, I think.

Ah, forgot about that. But I don't think I'll be comfortable with it. I haven't played with Kat in a few days anyway, I found teemo to be much more useful in Dominion with his speed and shrooms everywhere.

Archbob
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I've been playing it for a while. Its really unbalanced. Its pretty much straight out burst and dps damage.

LiNuX
10-04-2011, 02:29 PM
I've been playing it for a while. Its really unbalanced. Its pretty much straight out burst and dps damage.

Agreed. Champs like Akali can be really overpowered here.

Champs like Malzahar and Veigar aren't useful at all because they can't farm as well here.

Diligence109
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM
dominion champion unbalance makes me cry, but at least they have a normal draft mode open so that you can instaban Rammus and Akali.

I had a lot of success with Teemo too - his high movement speed, powerful scaling with AS, shrooms, and blinding dart make him pretty strong on the map. I've done pretty well with builds as simple as open boots5 -> malady -> frozen mallet -> Wit's End/Atma's -> Kitae's Bloodrazor/Stark's Fervor.

We'll have to play dominion sometime, I wanna figure out good strategies and strong champs while the meta is still sorting itself out :) I've been having fun trying to get Cassiopeia to work - her extreme range and ability to poke, kite, and clear minion waves is wonderful and with a touch of spell vamp she has some impressive sustainability. She's slow moving as crap, though, so she can't hit the relic in the center of the map and is best stationed defending/pushing bot like people have fallen in love doing with Morgana. Still got to try it out more and figure out how viable she is...

Archbob
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
I find Heimer is extremely viable in dominion as is shaco. Characters that can plant turret to defend points are really good.

LiNuX
10-04-2011, 04:20 PM
I had a lot of success with Teemo too - his high movement speed, powerful scaling with AS, shrooms, and blinding dart make him pretty strong on the map. I've done pretty well with builds as simple as open boots5 -> malady -> frozen mallet -> Wit's End/Atma's -> Kitae's Bloodrazor/Stark's Fervor.

Same here. With the speed boosts and movement items, I get over 600 movement speed with ease. But I build differently than you. I go for phantom dancers, and that item t hat gives the lighting strike every 4 attacks. Works pretty well for me.

Blackleo
10-06-2011, 07:02 AM
I see Dominion more of a cap game and less than a kill game. So I build for the need ... the need for speed !

Diligence109
10-10-2011, 02:27 PM
I see Dominion more of a cap game and less than a kill game. So I build for the need ... the need for speed !

this is true and is why Rammus is considered so OP