PDA

View Full Version : Noob! (to the forum... ha)

Zelda
09-27-2011, 11:03 AM
What shall be my opening greeting...... *thinks* Aw, man, look what I did. THAT was my opening greeting! :embarrassed:

Hi!! Howdy! Hello! Hey! Hola! Hoi! Salvete! :D

Lemme see....

Name: Zelda. (I wish. I have a real name but what good is a username if I tell everyone my real name?) Perhaps eventually... ;)
Age: It isn't a polite to ask a lady her age! (perhaps you can guess, at least the range, based off other little clues I let slip? haha)
Sex: As you may have gathered, I am a girl. Lass. Dudette. Chick. Whatever. :)
Game: The Legend of Zelda Series (obvi...) and Indiana Jones & The Infernal Machine for 64.
Character: Yoshi :cheesy:
Genre: LOZ(wait... that isn't a genre, is it? Oh, well...), Action/Adventure, (some) RPG, Strategy, shoot-em-up, racing, kill everything that moves on the screen, pretty much everything! haha :laugh1:
System: Nintendo (all of them but fav is probably 64. It's just so... classic. :D)
Systems I own: SNES, GBA, N64, NDSLite, Wii. Playstation 3. PC... ;)
Fun fact: I've only ever completed like, 3 games. I have no time.... it's the saddest thing ever. :'( I've played a hundred but completed 3? I mean, come ON.... How lame is that? (Don't tell me, I don't really wanna know... >:()

In real life: I have a full time job which I loathe. LOATHHEEEE, DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!? And drive a car (see, now you know I'm at least driving age in the US :p) I hate almost as bad. Almost. Except it gets me to Gamestop... and to the loathesome job where I make the money to drive the car to Gamestop and actually buy games that I probably won't ever complete, so yeah... the car's a'ight.
I'm taking GED classes so I can get my GED so I can get into college. Because I never should have dropped out of high school. (see, now you can pretty much figure I'm at least 18.)
Music: Classic Rock/80s and everything else. Except country and that boom-boom rap junk. (Of course, there are exceptions to both. *shrug*)

I'd say more but 1) Everyone probably got bored of reading this about 2 sentences into it and 2) I don't know what else to say. :lipsrsealed:

THE END.

YES! I FINALLY FINISHED A NOVEL!!! What do you mean this isn't a novel???? Jerk. >:(>:(>:(

:azn::kiss:8)

PS... I'm pyscho. Just Fyi.... :eek1:

Mizel
09-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Uh-oh, you're psycho? Sorry, but I don't see this working out well.... see all of us are -totally- normal, calm folk who would never dream of crazily acting out. *bursts out laughing* Hah! Yea right :P Anyhoo, welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in fine :) The only rule here is- dont break the rules. Im totally serial, they will release the rabid bunnies that will eat yer freakin face of if you do.

P.S. Dont feel bad, Im totally a buffet gamer as well. Sample them all, but never finish ;) Trying to get over that habit though, beat the last THREE games I played :O

ShankCrisis
09-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Welcome :)

Whats your job and whats a GED?

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-27-2011, 12:14 PM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_vNPqpVXjVg8/TN1uLVnOK2I/AAAAAAAAAeM/z_1nfoIH3g8/rhwelcome.jpg

Read the rules (http://gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16470), enjoy your stay, everyone (http://www.gamers-forum.com/memberlist.php) here is pretty awesome and friendly. Also, be sure to check out Gamers-Forum IRC (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264)!

HamadaLFC8
09-27-2011, 01:03 PM
YOU LIKE RACING GAMES!!! Yesssssssss I love you <3 ahhaha YOU DRIVEEEE!!! Yessssssss I love you <3 YOU HATE YOUR CAR?!??! Noooo I hate youuuu haha why do you hate it?!

Welcome to GF! Hope you enjoy it here!!!

Nice intro btw!

ROFLBRYCE
09-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the forum! Play online at all or are you more of a single-player gal? Hope you get to know everyone here and enjoy your stay!

Zelda
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Uh-oh, you're psycho? Sorry, but I don't see this working out well.... see all of us are -totally- normal, calm folk who would never dream of crazily acting out. *bursts out laughing* Hah! Yea right :P Anyhoo, welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in fine :) The only rule here is- dont break the rules. Im totally serial, they will release the rabid bunnies that will eat yer freakin face of if you do.

P.S. Dont feel bad, Im totally a buffet gamer as well. Sample them all, but never finish ;) Trying to get over that habit though, beat the last THREE games I played :O

Buffet gamer! ahhahaha! I'd never heard that but it totally fits me.

Oh, well good then. So pyshcotic tendancies are okay here? ;)

:shocked: RABID FACE-EATING BUNNIES???? *vows to obey rules*

:) Thanks for the welcome!!

Welcome :)

Whats your job and whats a GED?

My job is admin. assist at the single most boring company in my state. Probably, the most boring, anyway. I HATE sitting at a desk all day. HATEHATEHATEHATE. I'd rather work retail. (Which I would do if I didn't need the extra money right now... haha) Eventually I'll quit this job though. Rest assured.

GED is the General Equivalency Degree. It just means you passed all the same stuff you would have had you graduated high school. :D

Thanks for the welcome!! :)

Read the rules, enjoy your stay, everyone here is pretty awesome and friendly. Also, be sure to check out Gamers-Forum IRC!

Read the rules. Check! I always read the rules before I post lest I should make a mistake and get kicked or something! haha

Thanks for the welcome! :D

YOU LIKE RACING GAMES!!! Yesssssssss I love you <3 ahhaha YOU DRIVEEEE!!! Yessssssss I love you <3 YOU HATE YOUR CAR?!??! Noooo I hate youuuu haha why do you hate it?!

Welcome to GF! Hope you enjoy it here!!!

Nice intro btw!

:D I do! Only own a couple at the moment but... haha I used to really love Grand Prix Formula 1 for 64. Think it was the first "real" racing game I liked. And I've always adored Mario Kart so that counts, right? Also like Test Drive and whatnot. Any racing game recommendations? :)

Yes, I drive! haha Aww, don't hate me!
Ah, well, I hate my car cause it's a Camry. I used to have a Honda Civic (which I loved) but it crapped out so I had to get a car quick and bought the first working one I came across. ('94 Camry LE) This coming February, however, I should finally be getting my Mustang! Which I've wanted since I was about, I dunno, 13? :cheesy:

I'm painting it the color of Link's Tunic in Ocarina and painting the Triforce in gold on the hood. :azn::D And then, y'know, tricking out the rest of it and making it go so fast the cops can't catch me... (cause the cops in my town hate my guts. Seriously. It's like a conspiracy or something!) or yeah, whatever. It's gonna be my baby, in other words. 8)

Oh, and thanks! I thought the intro 'twas good too. :p

Welcome to the forum! Play online at all or are you more of a single-player gal? Hope you get to know everyone here and enjoy your stay!

I do play online, actually. Steam. Love TF2 and such. And COD/LittleBigPlanet on PS3 and some games on Wii. :) Any reason you wondered? Got a friend code somewhere or something? haha

Thanks for the welcome!! :D

Alas, I shall shut up now! haha Thanks for the welcome, everyone!:D

Sotanji
09-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Welcome! Im Relatively new as well! Whats your favorite LOZ game? hmm? HOW excited are you for Skyward Sword?

Samus-Fan
09-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Do you prefer LoZ OoT or Majora's Mask?

Hope to see you sticking around, nice introduction!

Diligence109
09-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I came into this thread to post that I was surprised you were able to get that username, but then I ended up reading it all. Most of what I got out of it is that you have a thing for emoticons.

Welcome to the forum! If you'd like to shuffle down to Minecraft at some point in your buffet you can hop on the gamers-forum minecraft server and play with a bunch of us :)

I hope you grow to hate that job less, that the dream car finds it's way into your life, and that the GED comes easily to you and shimmys you into a college doing something you love! In the meantime, get minecraft. Seriously. Play minecraft with us.

Synge
09-27-2011, 03:45 PM
^ Hahaha, I thought the same

Welcome to the forum, fellow Lights lover! You seem awesome and I hope you stick around!

Zelda
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome! Im Relatively new as well! Whats your favorite LOZ game? hmm? HOW excited are you for Skyward Sword?

Well welcome right back to ya then! :D

My favorite so far is Wind Waker. I know a lot of people complained about the cel-shading but I actually like it. Gave the game a very lighthearted feel. I'm very near the end of it so hopefully I can call it the first LOZ game I actually completed!!

Oh, man! You have no idea how excited I am for SS!!! *bounces off walls, screaming like a wild animal* *ahem* ....:laugh1:

Welcome to the forum!
Do you prefer LoZ OoT or Majora's Mask?

Hope to see you sticking around, nice introduction!

Thank you! And I hope I will be (sticking around) too! :)

I haven't played Majora's Mask actually. But I plan to soon, so I'll let you know.

I came into this thread to post that I was surprised you were able to get that username, but then I ended up reading it all. Most of what I got out of it is that you have a thing for emoticons.

Welcome to the forum! If you'd like to shuffle down to Minecraft at some point in your buffet you can hop on the gamers-forum minecraft server and play with a bunch of us :)

I hope you grow to hate that job less, that the dream car finds it's way into your life, and that the GED comes easily to you and shimmys you into a college doing something you love! In the meantime, get minecraft. Seriously. Play minecraft with us.

Dude! You have no idea how genuinely shocked I was that "Zelda" was available!! :shocked::shocked: Seriously. I was like, Whaaaa---??? Cause I tried it just to see but expected it to be long gone! haha I'm hapy I got it though! :cheesy:

Yeah, I use way too many stupid smileys.
Thanks, but I hope I just get a new job soon! Dream car is a '67 Shelby GT500 so we shall see. :p
Thank you. I hope I can get though this math. It's only thing stopping me right now!

Ah, Minecraft. I haven't been able to get into it... My brother plays but I just... 'eh. I don't know what it is. I'll probaby try it again sometime though so thanks for the invite!

^ Hahaha, I thought the same

Welcome to the forum, fellow Lights lover! You seem awesome and I hope you stick around!

:D Thank you!! I plan to. ;)

TOO MANY SMILEYS! :shocked: THERE I GO AGAIN!

..sorry....

Jaykub
09-27-2011, 04:12 PM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum.

You seem very interesting and cool.

ROFLBRYCE
09-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I do play online, actually. Steam. Love TF2 and such. And COD/LittleBigPlanet on PS3 and some games on Wii. :) Any reason you wondered? Got a friend code somewhere or something? haha

I do have a friend code! A summoner name, Steam iD, gamertag, and PSN iD! :P I'm not huge into Steam, although I do have CS:Source (that's it lol.) Modnation Racers and LBP are my two main PSN games, gonna try and beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood though and try out the multiplayer on it too.

Sotanji
09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
My favorite so far is Wind Waker. I know a lot of people complained about the cel-shading but I actually like it. Gave the game a very lighthearted feel. I'm very near the end of it so hopefully I can call it the first LOZ game I actually completed!!

OHHHH YEAAHH. Wind waked is my fave also, and also the first one I have completed! I played Oot when it was released and was amazed don't get me wrong. But I just didn't have the will as a youngin to fully complete it. Windwaker was amazing to me. So amazing I went through it multiple times and explored every island.

And from what I've seen of skyward sword, it looks to have a similar exploration aspect with the islands in the air. Oh man I canceled my reserve. But now that I have gotten another job I'm going to ore order it right away!

Zelda
09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcome to Gamers-Forum.

You seem very interesting and cool.

Thank you, thank you! :) I LOVE your about me section. ZeldaZeldaZelda! :D:D:D:D

I do have a friend code! A summoner name, Steam iD, gamertag, and PSN iD! :P I'm not huge into Steam, although I do have CS:Source (that's it lol.) Modnation Racers and LBP are my two main PSN games, gonna try and beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood though and try out the multiplayer on it too.

I shall have to get your Steam iD & PSN iD then. :)

I'm in the middle of Assassin's Creed II but I'll be getting Brotherhood after that! Is it as fun as 2 or have you not played 2?

OHHHH YEAAHH. Wind waked is my fave also, and also the first one I have completed! I played Oot when it was released and was amazed don't get me wrong. But I just didn't have the will as a youngin to fully complete it. Windwaker was amazing to me. So amazing I went through it multiple times and explored every island.

And from what I've seen of skyward sword, it looks to have a similar exploration aspect with the islands in the air. Oh man I canceled my reserve. But now that I have gotten another job I'm going to ore order it right away!

Sweet!!!! No, I totally know what you mean. In fact, I've gotten further with the new release of OoT 3D then I ever did on the original... *sigh* But yeah, Skyward looks like it's going to be closer to Wind Waker then, say, TP. So I'm really looking forward to that!

Dude, yes, you have to preorder it! I'm getting the one with the golden remote and all that jazz. :cheesy:

Jaykub
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you, thank you! :) I LOVE your about me section. ZeldaZeldaZelda! :D:D:D:D

Zelda is the best game in the world. I own every one for console and I still play ocarina of time all the time.

Triton
09-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey Welcome, forgot on my intro that Zelda's one of my favourite characters, one of the main reasons for me buying the Wii and Nintendo 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HamadaLFC8
09-27-2011, 10:24 PM
awesomeeeeee make sure you post pics of your Mustang! And maybe who knows.. one day we'll race ;)

Zelda
09-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Zelda is the best game in the world. I own every one for console and I still play ocarina of time all the time.

:D Yes, yes, it is the best game in the world. Sweet!! I'm working on owning every single Zelda game ever released. (Except those nightmares for the Sony-CDi *shudders*)

Hey Welcome, forgot on my intro that Zelda's one of my favourite characters, one of the main reasons for me buying the Wii and Nintendo 3DS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock!!!!! :D Did you get any other games for the 3DS yet?

awesomeeeeee make sure you post pics of your Mustang! And maybe who knows.. one day we'll race ;)

Oh, believe me, there will be an abundance of pics once I get it all done! Lots of annoying bragging... :D

Race in reality or a game? :p haha

HamadaLFC8
09-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Both !!! hahaha :P

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfgcg5qzsl1qbvc38o1_400.jpg

Zelda
09-28-2011, 11:40 AM
^^ A'ight, deal.

What's your favorite racing game? You got a PSN id? The only racing game I own right now is Burnout Paradise. Traded TD2 and Split Second. Don't like NFS games... need to get Driver: San Fran soon! Sorry for babbling..... :rolleyes:

HamadaLFC8
09-28-2011, 02:04 PM
I play on the 360 :'(

Forza, NFS, Driver, Dirt .... get an xbox so we can raceee :p

Zelda
09-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Aww, crap. :(

haha Yeah, I'm kinda' broke. haha Plus, I honestly don't want an xBox... *shrug*