PDA

View Full Version : Good Tips on Using the AWP

LiNuX
06-05-2006, 07:01 PM
AWPs are the magnum sniper rifle in the game, if you didnt know what it was before, now you do. It is one of the strongest guns, but it doesnt do the most damage in the game, the Pump Shotgun does. The AWP is a very tricky gun to use, so listen up.

The AWP has a very high recoil. Much more than the Scout. If you dont know what recoil means, it means the amount of inaccuracy the gun has while you move and shoot. Hand guns and the mp5 has the lowest amount of recoil in the game.

Tip 1: Never move and shoot with the AWP, 90% chance you will miss.

Tip 2: try not to camp in one place with the awp aiming at only one direction or a particular place, high chance someone will either shoot or knife you from behind or the sides.

Tip 3: dont always stay scoped in too long, scoped in takes away your ability to look around faster.

Tip 4: always have a good hand gun with ammo with you, quick switch by pressing Q to shoot enemy if enemy gets too close and you dont have time to zoom in and shoot.

Tip 5: Move around a lot so it is harder for the enemy to shoot you, either by other rifles or the AWP, when you see an enemy, stop for 2 secs, zoom in and shoot, if you get used to it, you can do all that in less than one second.

Tip 6: Practice with the AWP as much as you can, i would recommend the maps awp_map and awp_greentide, best places to practice with AWP.

Tip 7: Have fun!! It's nothing to get angry over, practice is the key!!

If you have any additional info to add or if you think that i am wrong in anyway above or if you have a better way to awp, feel free to post here.

Also feel free to open a new topic and give tips on how to use other weapons more effectively!! ;D

souljaa
01-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Whoa..I just saw this thread lol. Nice tips ;)

aosmallan
01-21-2007, 10:48 PM
lol Yeah I never saw this thread before either.

And that's not what recoil is. ;) But for all-intensive purposes it ends up working for a a diescription in cs. Recoil creats the inacuracy, it's not what the inaccuracy is... hooker.

LiNuX
08-12-2007, 05:42 PM
thread also moved to Counter Strike board as Tutorials and Tips for just games is being discontinued but remain open for other off topics.

pstigles
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
nice tips i have super aim with an awp not trying to be vain haha :)

cwbolton
08-20-2007, 07:29 AM
hey great tips thanks +rep given (not liek you need it lol)

LiNuX
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
nice tips i have super aim with an awp not trying to be vain haha :)

i used to be really good but havent played in months, im gonna assume my skills and reflex are shot lol

hey great tips thanks +rep given (not liek you need it lol)

didnt get rep from u, im gonna assme it didnt let u cuz u gave me rep already not to long ago lol :D

Arcade
08-22-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd also like to add, once you shoot the awp once and you don't scope out you can quickly shoot it again whilst the bullet still goes straight, some call it a no scope, but thats when you haven't scoped at all.

LiNuX
08-22-2007, 04:33 PM
I'd also like to add, once you shoot the awp once and you don't scope out you can quickly shoot it again whilst the bullet still goes straight, some call it a no scope, but thats when you haven't scoped at all.

i'd call that a no scope since u never scoped in lol, i do that often if opponents are close enough, but if they are that close u dont need to scope in anyway, just make sure they are near the center of ur screen and blow 'em off

cwbolton
08-23-2007, 09:45 AM
haha lol it wont let me ill give it you later

footydragon001
10-28-2007, 11:31 AM
good tips mate

LiNuX
10-28-2007, 12:00 PM
good tips mate

thanks - i saw this video earlier today on Veoh - the guy was awping and it was kinda bad lol, it took him about 3 seconds to aim at the guy and he always moved Scoped in :radar: but he had some really crappy opponents lol - and of course, it went to the next scene when he was killed lol

Cory
02-08-2008, 11:05 AM
I don't mean to bump an old thread, but this will come in handy for me. I just recently bought Counter Strike Source.

LiNuX
02-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I don't mean to bump an old thread, but this will come in handy for me. I just recently bought Counter Strike Source.

tips are for 1.6 - source is a lot different, i don't notice a lot of the recoil source guns have, especially the awp

but you can try using this on source and see how it works out

Raw!
02-08-2008, 08:40 PM
1.6 is impossible to shoot. It is considered more realistic then Source. So, I think it may be just a bit different, LiNuX.

LiNuX
02-08-2008, 08:49 PM
1.6 is impossible to shoot. It is considered more realistic then Source. So, I think it may be just a bit different, LiNuX.

the shooting and game play is more realistic in source since the recoil of the guns and the way you move matches real life combat

but when it comes to graphics, 1.6 can't even come close to source

Raw!
02-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Agreed. But I heard that what you said is the exact opposite. 1.6 is all that, Source is just a 'easy way out' of being nooby. However, 1,6 has something Source doesn't. POKEMON! Don't you know those mods? The Charizard strike, etc.

LiNuX
02-08-2008, 08:56 PM
1.6 does have a lot of mods, im more familiar with 1.6 than source even though i have both so i can't argue in favor of source, not yet lol

i can do pretty well in source but it takes me a few minutes to get used to the movement and recoil adjustments of the weapons but other than that i find source to be a bit easier to kill and die lol

YuriPrime
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I always go to a fy_iceworld deathmatch server to practise awping. It can get quite addicting, I must say.

LiNuX
02-11-2008, 10:23 PM
I always go to a fy_iceworld deathmatch server to practise awping. It can get quite addicting, I must say.

i used to do that on fy_iceworld2k - i find that map more fun than iceworld since u can climb up on top and knife down

good times

i haven't played any type of iceworld map for at least a year now lol, usually only play gungame when i get the chance