PDA

View Full Version : 3DS, or not to be?

Sotanji
09-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Im not exactly sure if this is the right place to put this, it sounds about right correct me if im wrong.

Anyways I just scored a new job *self applaud*, and considering my first paycheck will be a considerable amount, i'm really thinking about getting a 3ds along with ocarina of time. Im just wondering what you all think of the 3ds and if its worth the money. i could really use some insight on this situation.8) Thanks in advance!

ReMiXeDg
09-29-2011, 11:51 PM
I got a free 3DS, Found one at burger king when I was shoping at BJs :). Its a great hand held console great graphics and they have some good games for it. But personally I don't play it too much but if I where you I would def. get one just because its 3d and the graphics are really nice for a handheld 3d device.

Trunks
09-30-2011, 12:46 AM
I have the 3ds along with ocarina of time. I would have to say it is the best zelda game for any hand held device that I've played. The controls and camera angles don't get in the way of the actual game play like previous models did for me. I personally don't really use the 3d effects on zelda, after playing for an hour so it gives me a head ache. The game is just as good without the 3d though.

The system comes with a few 3d mini arcade games which really show off the 3d capability. You put a card that comes with the system down on the table and the 3ds detects the card and basically turns the environment into a game. It blew my mind the first time I played it.

The main reason I bought the 3ds was to play zelda and so far it was worth it. I haven't tried any other titles on it except pokemon, but it's just a regular DS game. A flaw of it is that it seems to die in just a few hours if you have the wifi and 3d on. Other than that and the headaches from the 3d effect I haven't had a problem with it. Not bad for the first 3d handheld.

Triton
09-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Mine arrived today and the Ocarina of Time. Worth every penny. I also have Starfox 64 another great game from the N64. The graphics are fantastic, sounds good and is a good playing experiance. It wont take the place of my PS3 but I wil be getting some more games for it.

Sotanji
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Nothing could ever take the place of my Ps3 (this gen anyways) but so far it looks like im getting one, im also looking to pick up a few regular Ds games i missed out on. any games you guys can think of?

Triton
10-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Really depends on what you're into. I have a lot of puzzle games for my DS, also some of the regulars like Mario and Zelda and I bought a couple of the Harry Potters and a couple of Lego games.

I'm not going overboard on the 3DS but will get Donkey Kong, Mario and a couple of the Lego's (I like lego games for a bit of gentle gameplay, much better on the PS3 as that I my prefered machine).

Zelda
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Not sure if you've already gotten a 3DS or not but if you're still deciding, GET ONE! OoT for it is amazing. Much better than on the 64 or the Gamecube, to be honest. The graphics and controls are great. You'll love it. And as for regular DS games, definitely get the LoZ games for it if you like LoZ. Also try New Super Mario Bros. I found it very entertaining and true-to-form. Let me think... what else was fun on there.... Oh! Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem was also fun! And Mario Kart DS. They made some Tetris games for it too which were fun. (if you enjoy tetris that is! haha)

Anywho, those are my suggestions! But def get a 3DS if for no other reason than to play Ocarina of Time: 3D! Totally worth it.

Fr0stByte
10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I got a free 3DS, Found one at burger king when I was shoping at BJs :). Its a great hand held console great graphics and they have some good games for it. But personally I don't play it too much but if I where you I would def. get one just because its 3d and the graphics are really nice for a handheld 3d device.

and the honourable thing to do would be?...LOL a friend of mine found a mobile phone in JD Sports....CHA-CHING

LemonRising
10-11-2011, 02:38 PM
I want a 3ds.. so.. I say get it hahaa

Games | Nintendo 3DS Games (http://www.nintendo3dsgamer.com/games/)
That site has a list of all the games that are out and coming out. Should help ya decide. <:

Triton
10-11-2011, 03:23 PM
If you're into the soppy games(which I am:shocked:), I bought one of the pet dog+cats games. Now I'm the proud owner of a french bulldog pup! In 3D he looks really cool, though it feels strange talking to my machine:) It certainly I game I would sugesty to any 3D owner:D

EpsilonX
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I want one, especially since my DS's R button doesn't work, which is one of the essential buttons in Megaman games, but I feel like it might flop at some point, mostly since Nintendo's marketing of it sucked. Everybody thinks its a regular DS that can do 3D

Sotanji
10-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Not sure if you've already gotten a 3DS or not but if you're still deciding, GET ONE! OoT for it is amazing. Much better than on the 64 or the Gamecube, to be honest. The graphics and controls are great. You'll love it. And as for regular DS games, definitely get the LoZ games for it if you like LoZ. Also try New Super Mario Bros. I found it very entertaining and true-to-form. Let me think... what else was fun on there.... Oh! Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem was also fun! And Mario Kart DS. They made some Tetris games for it too which were fun. (if you enjoy tetris that is! haha)

Anywho, those are my suggestions! But def get a 3DS if for no other reason than to play Ocarina of Time: 3D! Totally worth it.

I'm Getting it this Friday D=. after i started looking into it since you guys peeked my interest XD. I've found a lot of games coming out that i want namely

Super Mario World 3D
Animal Crossing
Kirby's dreamland thinger
Luigi's mansion 2 (manly squeal)
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus :uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3d

And a bunch of Games on ds i never got to play like
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Bunch 0' Rpgs
Others XD

yah and those are just a few, notice how i said few of what i would want haha.

I want one, especially since my DS's R button doesn't work, which is one of the essential buttons in Megaman games, but I feel like it might flop at some point, mostly since Nintendo's marketing of it sucked. Everybody thinks its a regular DS that can do 3D

OH MY same is it the regular Ds first released? i used to get so ticked because i couldn't dash with that button on the megamanzero games! you had to push it so hard for it to register. so it wasnt worth it >>

Zelda
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm Getting it this Friday D=. after i started looking into it since you guys peeked my interest XD. I've found a lot of games coming out that i want namely

Super Mario World 3D
Animal Crossing
Kirby's dreamland thinger
Luigi's mansion 2 (manly squeal)
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus :uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3d

And a bunch of Games on ds i never got to play like
Spirit Tracks
Phantom Hourglass
Bunch 0' Rpgs
Others XD

yah and those are just a few, notice how i said few of what i would want haha.

Sweet!! You're gonna love it! Oooh! I'm looking SO forward to Animal Crossing 3D, Super Mario World and Mario Kart! ^_^ If you liked Wind Waker, you'll love PH. I haven't played ST yet but I'm sure it's just as fun! If you're an Animal Crossing fan, I'd skip Animal Crossing DS... it was just ok. Gamecube was/is more fun. Plus, with it coming out for 3DS it's like, meh, don't really need the DS one. haha So let me know what you think when you get the 3DS! A lot of people are complaining about it but I love it. Plus with all the Virtual Console games for it, it's totally worth the money! :D

Sotanji
10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
So I got it and I gotta say,IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. I got OoT ad 2 reg. DS games. I'm looking forward to a bunch of 3rd ones in the future. And the augmented reality thing is awesome. We should trade
Friend codes!

Triton
10-14-2011, 07:14 PM
So I got it and I gotta say,IT'S FREAKING AWESOME. I got OoT ad 2 reg. DS games. I'm looking forward to a bunch of 3rd ones in the future. And the augmented reality thing is awesome. We should trade
Friend codes!

Pleased you got one, I've gotta admit that its the best handheld tha I've ever had.

Zelda
10-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Friend codes!

Yay! I knew you were gonna love it!! :D Like Triton just said, deff one of the best handheld systems out there. :) I'll get you my friend code when I get home cause I haven't a CLUE what it is. haha

Are you looking forward to Super Mario 3D Land as much as I am? (which is massively haha) And Mario Kart 7 & Animal Crossing! ^_^

Sotanji
10-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Yay! I knew you were gonna love it!! :D Like Triton just said, deff one of the best handheld systems out there. :) I'll get you my friend code when I get home cause I haven't a CLUE what it is. haha

Are you looking forward to Super Mario 3D Land as much as I am? (which is massively haha) And Mario Kart 7 & Animal Crossing! ^_^

AHH yes i am! im more excited for Luigi's Mansion 2 I loved the first one.
Oh and Mario Kart 7! there are alot im excited for honestly!

Zelda
10-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Luigi's Mansion looks great too! I only played the first one briefly at a friend's house a couple of times. I should probably buy it just for the heck of it. haha But yeah, MK 7 looks awesome! I'm just beyond excited for SM 3D Land for some reason! Reminds me a lot of SM 64 which I LOVED. I didn't like SM Galaxy 1 or 2 as much so I'm hoping 3D Land is more like 64 cause 64 was really amazing. ^_^ Sorry for rambling. haha

ZXDarknessfalls
10-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Yea I got one for free a while back also from a girlfriend. The system is great in my opinion, not the most games came out at launch but they have a lot of strong titles in the future, if you want a 3DS and you were not sure about it you need to slap that silly insecurity aside and pick one up.

Triton
10-21-2011, 05:49 PM
You have to hand it to Nontentendo, when it comes to handheld systems they way out in front.

DeathstrikeS12
10-25-2011, 02:21 AM
I agree with you Triton. You can never go wrong with Nintendo when it comes to revamping the classics like Zelda and Mario.

Triton
10-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Yep, everytime I go into the game shop or supermarket I take a look to see if there any of old games been converted to 3D. I could read the mags and look on line but I just love looking in the games section.

CasuallySmart
11-22-2011, 02:27 PM
I bought the 3DS when it came out first and the hype wasnt worth it
I would say xmas time would be perfect in like a month
Hope it helped

Mizel
11-23-2011, 12:29 PM
If I didnt have a DS Id be all about the 3DS... but I def wouldnt pay full price for a 3DS when I already have a DS... but I do know they look sweet AND new Mario. So if I ever see one for a good deal, Id pick it up :)

http://cdn.duelinganalogs.com/comics/2010-03-25.png

betodeth
12-30-2011, 01:04 AM
Nintendo only is good with their classsics

BlOodDeviL
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
3ds!!!! Go Go Buy It

Jayhmmz
01-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Nintendo only is good with their classsics

But with titles such as Resident Evil Revelations and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater being released on the 3D, it marks the beginning of an effective new revolution of hand-held gaming.

ZXDarknessfalls
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Me and my 3DS are still going strong from when i got it. There is a great lineup of games coming out and when that lineup includes so many Other publishers apart from Nintendo, yes Nintendo is great with there classics but they are doing a good job of filling in the holes they don't cover with publisher's like Capcom and so on.

Trunks
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I got bored of my 3ds, only 3D game I have for it is zelda though. May be why, I'm waiting for a 3d pokemon game. I already beat both white and black and put countless hours on them.

Jayhmmz
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
I got bored of my 3ds, only 3D game I have for it is zelda though. May be why, I'm waiting for a 3d pokemon game. I already beat both white and black and put countless hours on them.

You must purchase Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 3D. Epic fun, and Super Mario 3D Land is exceptionally genius.

Synge
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
But with titles such as Resident Evil Revelations and Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater being released on the 3D, it marks the beginning of an effective new revolution of hand-held gaming.

Honestly, the 3D is the least appealing aspect of the device for me, and that's true for most of the people I know that have one.

OoT is the only game I've spent a considerable amount of time with, but it didn't take even 10 minutes for me to decide I preferred it with the 3D off and I haven't turned it back on since. (and once again, most of the people I know play with it off).

ZXDarknessfalls
01-18-2012, 04:13 AM
i find the 3d function to be off most the time but if you are in a dark room it is a lot easier on the eye's. Other wise I spend a lot of time playing games with my friends like Mario Kart 7 cause so many of my friends that live close now have a 3DS.

Jayhmmz
01-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Honestly, the 3D is the least appealing aspect of the device for me, and that's true for most of the people I know that have one.

OoT is the only game I've spent a considerable amount of time with, but it didn't take even 10 minutes for me to decide I preferred it with the 3D off and I haven't turned it back on since. (and once again, most of the people I know play with it off).

The only game that properly works with the 3D at the moment is Super Mario 3D Land. They've got it right.

ZXDarknessfalls
01-19-2012, 04:34 AM
The only game that properly works with the 3D at the moment is Super Mario 3D Land. They've got it right.

i think the 3d works just fine on OoT and MK7... But once you try to use any of the motion control for either it just stops working.