PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually kill deathwing in this expansion

Archbob
10-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Haven't played this expansion, but do you actually kill deathwing in this expansion? He's such a big part of the lore.

Trunks
10-04-2011, 03:05 PM
not yet, the raid to kill deathwing isn't released yet. They are supposed to release a content update soon and the deathwing raid will be available where you will be able to kill him.

Slay
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I read the a NPC kills him in the raid. Not sure if that's valid or not.

Archbob
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Are there creatures in the world more powerful than deathwing?

Trunks
10-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Kil'jaeden could possibly be stronger, he's the leader of the Burning Legion and also the creator of the Lich King. From other lore that I glimpsed at Queen Azshara could also be more powerful. It's really unclear, blizzard just likes to jump around a lot.

Archbob
10-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Kil'jaeden could be stronger. He created the Lich King but the Lich King became more powerful than the one he created when Arthas united with the Lich King. Queen Azshara seems to be about the same as deathwing. Those two seem to be the most powerful of the aspects. The spellweaver seems to be the weakling.

Mizel
10-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Wow, you'll actually be able to kill Deathwing now? I havent played WoW in months, I feel so outta the loop :P

ROFLBRYCE
10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow, you'll actually be able to kill Deathwing now? I havent played WoW in months, I feel so outta the loop :P

Always keep that patcher going every Tuesday! Or you have to suffer with patching when you go back! :P

I did hear the DW raid was coming very soon though. Makes me wanna start up on WoW again and get geared/chanted. Was only about 6 pieces away from starting to raid.

Mizel
10-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Always keep that patcher going every Tuesday! Or you have to suffer with patching when you go back! :P

I did hear the DW raid was coming very soon though. Makes me wanna start up on WoW again and get geared/chanted. Was only about 6 pieces away from starting to raid.

I totally didn't even think about that :O But, meh. I played for years.... and gave Blizzard -way- too much of my money. lol And even continued to play after Cat came out. After which the game became so completely dumbed down in every way possible that it now no longer requires any skill, planning or even thought process at all really. All good things must come to an end, and I think it's WoWs time for me :P Ready to move on to something new!

ROFLBRYCE
10-05-2011, 11:15 AM
I totally didn't even think about that :O But, meh. I played for years.... and gave Blizzard -way- too much of my money. lol And even continued to play after Cat came out. After which the game became so completely dumbed down in every way possible that it now no longer requires any skill, planning or even thought process at all really. All good things must come to an end, and I think it's WoWs time for me :P Ready to move on to something new!

All of the challenge is end game. And I don't blame them for dumbing the game down. I hated it up until 6 months ago until I finally understood. Do you know how impossible and unappealing it would be to level to 80 for new players if the 1-60 exp from Vanilla, the 61-70 from TBC and the 71-80 from WotLK were still in place!? I only noticed when I had gotten to 35 after about 6 days (not in game time. Probably 4-6 hours a day). My main took me 2 weeks to get there, and it took me 2 months in Vanilla. They need to to get you to that sweet end-game content faster (which can still be a huge pain if you don't know what you're doing)

I got tired of WoW, so I took a break. Now though, I've got my nights free most of the time and need something to do. My Xbox Live is down, and I haven't been in a LoL mood lately...maybe I'll start up once again.Give them $30 more bucks. It's nothing compared to what I've already payed, I know your pain xD

Mizel
10-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, tbh, I just personally -hate- end game content lol I dont see the appeal of rushing a character to level 85, just so you can do the same Heroics, or same raids over and over and overrrrr again just to get gear. Then once youve done these raids for the hundreth time and gotten the highest tier armor, that's it O_O Im not bashing anyone at all that enjoys that or anything, it's just not my thing. I get bored way too easily to enjoy raiding in any way. I love leveling up characters just because there's consistently so much to do. Butttttt, I also play WoW for the PvP which is most likely why I don't enjoy raids :P I'd rather the constant action, of PvP- the pwnage of tons of other players in a BG rather then stand there spamming buttons at a single boss for 20 minutes at a time. And when you're in it for the PvP, you've got all the time in the world to do it while leveling which is why I love it so much I think :D

Archbob
10-05-2011, 05:55 PM
I wonder if we'll eventually see one of the titans.

Lilliai
11-26-2011, 01:50 PM
In Patch 4.3 they are releasing Deathwing as the end game raid boss. From what I have seen from Blizzard they are putting in some pre quest dungeons/raids where you must fight various situations with the help of the other Aspects. 1 of the most interesting looking ones is a future Azeroth where the Aspects are all dead, including Deathwing (who is inpaled on Wyrmrest Temple). I also belive there will be a fight with a Chromatic Dragon.

Nothing has been said yet but I believe that the raid to kill Deathwing will involve a fight with all the Aspects fighting with you and Thrall (as the new Earth Warder).

This is mearly my suggestion from reading the new book out. Although saying that I would most definately love that to be the case.

ter623
12-12-2011, 02:07 AM
the deathwing has been killed after the serve open few hours