PDA

View Full Version : A proper spawn

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 02:34 PM
I believe that you should set up a "proper" spawn point in your minecraft server. This spawn point should have

-Shelter from mobs (the lack of which has killed me many a time)
-A list of all commands available to non-mod players
-A list of all server modifications
-A list of rules

Most of these things can be checked on this forum, but having them in the server could be helpful as well and it doesn't take very long to build, unless you want it to be fancy. Then it's decoration.

Slay
10-10-2011, 03:35 PM
The shelter would be destroyed.
We don't have WorldEdit(As far as I know)

No server mods.
No commands.
No rules except for of course greifing and PVPing.

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Well I'm guessing that we are planning on getting a few plugins. Also player etiquette (preferred player behavior) could be included with the rules. Just for lols and for new players who decided not to read the rules on the forums.

Muffincat
10-10-2011, 04:20 PM
That's what the brick house was supposed to be, pretty much. But people keep creepering it -____-

We have a rule list on the forum, which is the only way people are going to be able to join the server, so it doesn't really matter. It would be more important if we didn't have a whitelist, but we do, now. So before someone joins, we'd be giving out this information.

All the information you want is on the forum... which is where the people are supposed to come from, so... We could go around and make a big house with a bunch of signs, but I don't really think it's that necessary, because the new people we get aren't just going to be showing up out of the blue.

And Slay, that's not exactly right. We do have rules; I made a rule thread (though it's pretty much common sense). We are going to have mods, though they are mostly for ease of moderating if it's necessary. For instance, we're probably going to add /home for people, whenever W1CKED gets up to it.

The server is specifically for people from RG/GF to play with people they know from the forum they joined. Therefore, most of the people are going to be paying attention to the forum, and we're all pretty tied to the forum. So, I don't think most of this is really necessary.