PDA

View Full Version : Slay's Exclusively GF Minecraft Server!

Slay
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM
The IP:

Rules!
►No Griefing!
►No PVPing Without Other Players Consent
►Use Clean Language (This does not exclude cursing, just please don't be rude/harrasful to others)
►Have Fun!

What to post in this thread:
►White-List Requests
►Plug-in Suggestions
►Major Happenings
►Server Errors/Crashes
►Rule Breakers
►Server Projects

White-List

A:

AugustWinterman - Synge

B:

C:

CraeSC111 - CraeSC111

D:

E:

F:

G:

H:

I:

J:

K:

L:

M:

N:

O:

P:

Q:

R:

S:

Salsterv - Slay
SoulLegion - SoulLegion
Superhog8777 - Egw333

T:

U:

V:

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

server.properties

level-name=world
allow-nether=true
view-distance=10
spawn-monsters=false
online-mode=true
difficulty=0
gamemode=0
spawn-animals=true
max-players=7
server-ip=192.168.#.##
pvp=true
level-seed=
server-port=25565
allow-flight=false
white-list=true
motd=Gamers-Forum Server

Plug-Ins
None! :(
Suggest some in the the thread!

LiNuX
10-14-2011, 04:00 PM
You realize that IP address is an internal IP right?

Slay
10-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Are you sure? I tried it, it worked for me, how can you tell?

LiNuX
10-14-2011, 05:17 PM
It worked for you because it's an internal IP, only people on your own network can connect to it.

And you can tell because it starts with 192.168.x.x.

For your external IP, you can go to whatsmyip.org and see what it is. You'll have to give that IP address to people to connect.

ROFLBRYCE
10-14-2011, 05:23 PM
This won't be 24 hour operational will it? It's run off your computer and not a dedicated server so I'm assuming you're going to be shutting your computer off at various hours.

Slay
10-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Thread updated!
Server is now out of testing.
The only reason the server should ever be down is for Plugin applications.
Have fun. :D
REMEMBER TO REQUEST A WHITELIST!!!

CraeSC111
10-16-2011, 01:01 AM
HAI SLAY. I'm loving how the server runs. I don't think you should keep resetting it, last time it lost me two hours of work Q_Q. You know my suggestions for plugins, and you know all about the server breaks I know about. ;)

Slay
10-16-2011, 01:29 AM
HAI SLAY. I'm loving how the server runs. I don't think you should keep resetting it, last time it lost me two hours of work Q_Q. You know my suggestions for plugins, and you know all about the server breaks I know about. ;)

No more resets. Perfect map this time.
I am going to wait for more suggestions on plug-ins before I do anything, because it will slow the server done a tad bit.
Please include the server broke because you where being crazy with WorldEdit. xD

CraeSC111
10-16-2011, 03:45 AM
I wasn't being crazy. You were just in the way.

Slay
10-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Editing 20K blocks at the same time, is pretty crazy.
Especially going downward, it is editing non-generated bricks yet. And 20K down is past bedrock.

egg-whites333
10-16-2011, 02:11 PM
white list superhog8777 please

Slay
10-16-2011, 02:53 PM
white list superhog8777 please
Done, you can find your name on the White-List part of the intro to the thread.

egg-whites333
10-16-2011, 04:13 PM
k i cant go on my laptop finaly crashed and wont reboot new laptop soon

Slay
10-16-2011, 04:22 PM
It's fine. :)
It is basically like the RG/GF server, except a clean slate. I am hoping to get the map from W1CKEDS so everybody can keep there things, but on a new, faster, more stable server. :/

CraeSC111
10-17-2011, 01:10 AM
It's fine. :)
It is basically like the RG/GF server, except a clean slate. I am hoping to get the map from W1CKEDS so everybody can keep there things, but on a new, faster, more stable server. :/

That would be kinda nice. Don't want wicked to feel left out for having us all move to your server though.

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-17-2011, 05:24 AM
But, don't we already have a GF Minecraft Server? :huh:

CraeSC111
10-17-2011, 02:42 PM
But, don't we already have a GF Minecraft Server? :huh:

Well wicked we have your server and its fun and I definitely wouldn't want to drop it but slay has a much smoother running server. Not sure if you are gonna upgrade or not but for now his just runs smoother. But I like your server better, just don't tell slay :p

ROFLBRYCE
10-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Well wicked we have your server and its fun and I definitely wouldn't want to drop it but slay has a much smoother running server. Not sure if you are gonna upgrade or not but for now his just runs smoother. But I like your server better, just don't tell slay :p

As far as I know it's in the process of being upgraded right now.

As for the starting fresh with GF, we just did with 1.8 :/

Whitelist ROFLBRYCE, I'll hop on for a little bit later today if I have time. I'm not sure if I like the idea of starting fresh when I just did though D: haha

Slay
10-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Well, what I had firstly intended was to make this exactly like W1CKEDS, people just come and build.
But then it was suggested to me many times to get the map file.

Whatever happens is fine.
If this isn't too much attentitive, I will add factions to mine, and we will have a friendly place to PVP in groups.

ROFLBRYCE
10-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, what I had firstly intended was to make this exactly like W1CKEDS, people just come and build.
But then it was suggested to me many times to get the map file.

This is what I don't get. You'd have everyone migrate to your server for speed and everything, but it's not online all the time. So when W1CKED's was all upgraded and back to snuff, we'd all have to re-do everything we had done? I understand having your own server, if it differed, but having two identical servers seems kinda pointless to me.

Whatever happens is fine.
If this isn't too much attentitive, I will add factions to mine, and we will have a friendly place to PVP in groups.

If you are still heartset on a server of your own, make it fully PvP. Throw in some limitations (no griefing, or stealing) but if there's someone outside their home, or running into it after seeing you, strike them down, and their stuff on the body is yours for the taking.

Just some constructive criticism. I just don't see the point of having two identical servers. I understand yours is faster and more stable, but after W1CKED has his upgraded then what's gonna happen?

CraeSC111
10-17-2011, 11:57 PM
PVP arena in Wickeds server? :p. I could make one after finishing spleef. Still a ways to go though.

Slay
10-18-2011, 06:53 AM
This is what I don't get. You'd have everyone migrate to your server for speed and everything, but it's not online all the time.

If you are still heartset on a server of your own, make it fully PvP. Throw in some limitations (no griefing, or stealing)

Just some constructive criticism. I just don't see the point of having two identical servers. I understand yours is faster and more stable, but after W1CKED has his upgraded then what's gonna happen?

Currently being moved to it's own PC. Where nothing will make it crash, or slow it down.

Sorry, that is part of Factions, you grief when you can. :/

It wasn't what I first intended as I said, but everyone suggested that.
At the point W1CKED would upgrade, I will change over to factions.

ROFLBRYCE
10-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Currently being moved to it's own PC. Where nothing will make it crash, or slow it down.

Sorry, that is part of Factions, you grief when you can. :/
Whatever works man, I've never played a PvP Minecraft server so I don't know anything about it lol.

It wasn't what I first intended as I said, but everyone suggested that.
At the point W1CKED would upgrade, I will change over to factions.

Still not a real point in having the map file or anything though, cause then we'd have to go get all the stuff again. The server is only ever crashing from stress, usually 5+ people. I've only played with that many people once and it took a couple hours for it to crash. Solution? Leave it for 15 minutes, it's not all that bad.

I dunno man, I just think it'd be funner if you started out right fresh off the PVP. Getting everything on one server then getting it back on the other isn't that fun.

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I have an idea for your server. It could be our rp/adventure map server. We could have our members submit their own maps/stories (or suggest premade ones) and we could have a contest to decide which one we do. Then we could post on thus thread what roles need to be filled and what times we could get on. Then we can have one of our members tape our adventure and put it on the YouTube channel. And while we don't have any adventures we could do your pvp idea.

Slay
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Too much trouble to change data, and hold onto maps.
I will add factions.

Bryce, in Factions, when you claim land, all chests, and doors cannot be opened, unless you get killed enough to lose positive power. So it isn't a place where people just go around griefing. I may make it public, because some people may get mad at eachother, on and off the forums.