PDA

View Full Version : Help deciding on a console

deruitem
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
My wife and I are trying to decide on a game system. We mostly want it for excerisize and for the kids. I also enjoy driving games and the kids are 2 and 4. We also want it for media like hulu etc. We are looking at the wii, kinect or sony ps with move. Thoughts......

THanks

Slay
10-16-2011, 05:27 PM
For driving games you want the PS3.
The PS3 also includes its very own browser, allow you to go to sites such as Hulu.
As for exercise, you would want the Wii, or the Kinect. Although the Kinect is new and gets lots of complaints, it does have better graphics. I wouldn't trust buying a wii, especially so close to the end of the year, because they may just get cut off. As for games for children 2-4 The Kinect or the wii. Games typically appeal to the older child range 13-17, meaning Blood, guts, nasty stuff like that, Wii and Kinect appeal to games for the younger crowd.. Hopefully this helps.

Synge
10-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Video games aren't the best choice for exercise, but I suppose Kinect would be best for you in that regard.

For driving games you want the PS3.
The PS3 also includes its very own browser, allow you to go to sites such as Hulu.

I wouldn't give the edge to the PS3 entirely, 360 has Forza, PS3 has GT and Motorstorm, and a majority of popular driving games are on both platforms. Forza or GT would be the deciding factor for most people.

Also, you can't watch Hulu in PS3's (sh*tty) browser, you'd have to pay for Hulu Plus, which has its own app under the video section of the XMB.

Overall I'd recommend you go for the 360, Forza is a fantastic series, and Kinect would be much better suited for your young kids than either the Wii or Move.

deruitem
10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply. We are just thinking that we would like a few of the games for excersize like biggest looser and some of the sport games. I know our kids would like the dance games and its better than them sitting on their butts. Anyone else have input? Right now we are leaning to the 360

ROFLBRYCE
10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. We are just thinking that we would like a few of the games for excersize like biggest looser and some of the sport games. I know our kids would like the dance games and its better than them sitting on their butts. Anyone else have input? Right now we are leaning to the 360

The Xbox 360 has more variety here for what you're looking for.

The Wii does have it's own dance games, but having tried Just Dance (it's only real series) and Dance Central for the Xbox/Kinect, I'd say Dance Central is a bigger challenge. The PS3 doesn't have a lot for the move, and they seem to be catering more towards the "hardcore" players with it, (More shooters, fast paced action gameplay. Not so much family friendly)

If you're going to use the console for media as well, I'd so go with the 360 over the Wii, as the Wii can't play any kind of media. The Xbox handles DVDs, as well as movies you put on USB flash drives, and their online streaming services (Zune, Hulu, Netflix)

As for the racing games, Synge has already covered that one. There's 2 major titles, one for the PS3, one for the 360, as well as games that are on both (Need for Speed) Both have pros and cons, but you'll be happy with either one.

Kink3bird
11-04-2011, 01:54 AM
I agree with Synge, it sounds like you'd benefit a lot more from outdoor activity.
Hikes with the family are great ways to play with your kids and keep them active. Kids like nothing more then the great outdoors where their imagination can grow instead of being confined to a television screen.

Also I'm pretty sure with the subscriptions and monthly fee's you'll be paying to get the most out of whatever system you decide on could easily be used for athletic departments such as a gym, martial arts, or a outdoors club.

Triton
11-04-2011, 06:51 PM
For yourself and your wife I would suggest PSĀ£ (only because that's what I have, no probs with the Xbox), it has excellent driving games and some games like Assassins Creed and Uncharted series. As for the kids well, a Wii is a good option. We don't have any children ourselves but we find that the Wii is great for interactive games between us. also the Wii fromk what I see at present have more games aimed to the younger gamer.

paecmaker
11-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Well the xbox got kinect and some driving games(like the others say)

I dont know about ps3 move but for the wii there are pretty many games, but the kinect makes them move more, even if wii fit comes (of course) on wii. However if you get a wii the support for that console may end soon cause wii U will come soon, and then it might come fewer games and stuff.

WindPlayer
11-06-2011, 10:32 PM
xBox all the way.

rensonjohn21
01-21-2012, 10:10 PM
ps3 is the best console... you must choose it because it has lot of stuff that xbox or any other consoles doesn't have