PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Jester
10-17-2011, 08:34 AM
My name is Joe, I'm from a small town in NY. I'm 20 years young. Video games have always been a hobby of mine, ever since I got an NES as a kid. I currently game on the 360 and I am in the process of building my own gaming PC. I enjoy FPS's, Sports Sims, RPG's, and Racing games. I'm always looking for people to game with so if you're looking for someone who knows how to have fun but still be competitive feel free to send me a friend request!

Fr0stByte
10-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Hey Jester!....welcome to GF. Im sure you will love it here. Big RPG community. Remember to read the rules before posting and HAVE FUN

Mizel
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow, another NYer- Im seeing a trend haha :P Welcome to this insane asylum! See you around :)

Jester
10-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys, I'm still trying to figure this place out, I've got most of it figured out, I just don't know why I can't customize my profile or my avatar. I also can't figure out where i go to insert a sig in my posts.

Mizel
10-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Hafta wait until 24 hours as a member and/or 10 posts before you can change any of that I believe

Jester
10-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Ah okay, that makes sense, I was hoping I had done anything wrong already lol :D Thanks for your help!

LemonRising
10-18-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey Joe! Welcome to the forum <:

Do you have any games for PC at the moment, or are you waiting until you're done building?

Jester
10-18-2011, 07:06 AM
The only game I have right now for PC is WoW, which I quit playing. I don't plan on picking anything up in terms of PC gaming until I'm finished building, as all I have is my laptop which isn't the best for gaming.

LemonRising
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Truee, I can relate. My laptop is the master of overheating ;p

Good thing I have a desktop noww

Let us know when its built! Then we can get our game onnnnn

Jester
10-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Truee, I can relate. My laptop is the master of overheating ;p

Good thing I have a desktop noww

Let us know when its built! Then we can get our game onnnnn

Will do, I'm hoping to have it done in early 2012. I'll be posting pics whenever it's finished. :D

Triton
10-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Welcome to GF, have a fun stay!

Diligence109
10-19-2011, 05:07 AM
well no crap, you're over in Elmira just west of Binghamton? I'm a short shot up route 13 from you (http://g.co/maps/kk4v9) in homely little Ithaca, NY.

I do a lot of multiplayer PC gaming, so once you get that desktop finished don't be surprised when I start hounding you to pick up LoL/Minecraft/GW2/Diablo 3/whatever else is awesome that I'm obsessing over at the time!

Hope you enjoy the forum and stick around long enough for us to see that desktop finished :)

EDIT: tangent! Mizel, I didn't know you were in NY! Where are you hiding in the bleak, cloudy, cold, lovable little state?

Jester
10-19-2011, 05:11 AM
well no crap, you're over in Elmira just west of Binghamton? I'm a short shot up route 13 from you (http://g.co/maps/kk4v9) in homely little Ithaca, NY.

I do a lot of multiplayer PC gaming, so once you get that desktop finished don't be surprised when I start hounding you to pick up LoL/Minecraft/GW2/Diablo 3/whatever else is awesome that I'm obsessing over at the time!

Hope you enjoy the forum and stick around long enough for us to see that desktop finished :)

Haha I've come across a few people on here from Ithaca, I was surprised to see so many other people on here so close to home.

Mizel
10-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Are you building your PC yourself?

Jester
10-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Are you building your PC yourself?

That I am...I don't know all there is to know about computers, but through all of the research I've done and from a little guidance from a friend I've learned quite a bit, it's going to be a fun learning experience.

Mizel
10-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Awesome! I built my last couple, I love it- good fun :) And learning about how it all works and everything is the best part. Plus, by making your own you can make it as uber powerful and badass as you want for soooo much cheaper ;)

Jester
10-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Awesome! I built my last couple, I love it- good fun :) And learning about how it all works and everything is the best part. Plus, by making your own you can make it as uber powerful and badass as you want for soooo much cheaper ;)

Exactly, I was looking into Alienware PCs but they're so pricey, not to mention a lot of people I know say they're overrated. Thats why I decided I'd just build my own and that way it can have whatever I want.

Mizel
10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't say overrated, they are really nice. But *DEF* overpriced haha I looked into them as well before building mine as well.... 3x the cost for the same computer. Even just the price for their cases are ridonk O_o

Anyhoo, have fun building yours and make sure to let us know how it turns out :D

CraeSC111
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Alien wares are beautiful but I can make my own custom case for like $2 that would look way better. :p

Mizel
10-19-2011, 11:44 AM
They are purdy :P Like, literally make your own or design one from somewhere else? Cause if you literally mean, make your own... you should totally make me an awesome one :D

CraeSC111
10-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I could probably take a crappy case and turn it into a totally awesome one! A liberal amount of spray paint, clear plastic, and LEDs and it would be beautiful. I wish the local trash dump would let me look through their electronics section so I could make some for free :p

Mizel
10-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Lol Yea really. Ive seen some gorgeous homemade cases but I'm def not that talented xD