PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum Guild?

Akatosh
10-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I know this was suggested before but does anyone want to do this? Make a couple of characters on a server, level together, form a guild, have an awesome time and not worry bout being geared and "badass" 8)

PS: Yes I know the poll is broken, just pick a faction if you want to join

Mizel
10-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Lol Maybe.... a year ago when WoW didnt suck :P But yea, woulda been awesome but I just finally cancelled my subscription :(

CraeSC111
10-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Hehe. I don't know if I will ever pick up WoW again, and I don't know if I'll finally make a second character after two or three years but it sounds like fun!

ROFLBRYCE
10-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Lol Maybe.... a year ago when WoW didnt suck :P But yea, woulda been awesome but I just finally cancelled my subscription :(

I caved, my girlfriend bought me a 2-month card, xD

I'm not sure if I'm gonna do this or not. If you decide on a server/faction, I'll make a guy for the guild and everything, but I'm gonna try and focus on my main for the most part. Whenever I get bored of dailies/heroics is when I'd be on the alt.

Mizel
10-24-2011, 07:54 AM
I caved, my girlfriend bought me a 2-month card, xD

Well, technicallyyyyy you didn't cave, your *gf* caved for you.... I mean, there's nothing you can do about that but enjoy it ;)

I actually contemplated re-activating my account until I read all the new changes they are doing, def confirmed Ill never play again.... I miss having an MMO :(

ROFLBRYCE
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, technicallyyyyy you didn't cave, your *gf* caved for you.... I mean, there's nothing you can do about that but enjoy it ;)

I actually contemplated re-activating my account until I read all the new changes they are doing, def confirmed Ill never play again.... I miss having an MMO :(

I made her buy it.... <.< >.>
Well, chose the card since she offered to get me something, after I bought her a stack of games a while back.

I'd say wait until the 4.3 patch. I just read up on it, looks really cool. Void storage, transmogrification, and some dungeons are getting reworked too. I'm not sure what else big is going down, those are the big 3 though I think.

Mizel
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I made her buy it.... <.< >.>
Well, chose the card since she offered to get me something, after I bought her a stack of games a while back.

I'd say wait until the 4.3 patch. I just read up on it, looks really cool. Void storage, transmogrification, and some dungeons are getting reworked too. I'm not sure what else big is going down, those are the big 3 though I think.

Hahaha, okay well then I guess it is your fault :P

Ugh, to me they're dumbing it down even more. You now don't even have 3 skill trees anymore, they just balled it all up into one -__- Talk about taking customization and any thought process out of making a character. Instead of having it so that people have to figure out which points to put in which trees to get the best outcome they pretty much do that for you. It went from 3 skill trees you could put points you received every with every level, into anywhere ------> 3 skill trees, but having that many points and options was too complicated for people so now you only get a point every few levels instead of every level-----> wow, its still too complicated for people.... so lets no longer let them use all 3 trees now they can only use 1 ------> holy crap people are still confused... lets just take everything out and only have 1 tree to it's impossible to screw up. Frustrates me because one of my favorite parts of RPG games is figuring out how to min-max the characters.... to take a character and take allllll of the tons of potential outcomes and find the best one. I mean, I do understand that a lot of people don't want to put that much thought into it and just want to get on and put points in and play... and there's nothing wrong with that- but then they should either find a different game to play or they should have just made WoW simple to begin with.

I will tell ya, the one thing Im going to miss with the new changes.... is the customizable armor now :(

ROFLBRYCE
10-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Hahaha, okay well then I guess it is your fault :P

Ugh, to me they're dumbing it down even more. You now don't even have 3 skill trees anymore, they just balled it all up into one -__- Talk about taking customization and any thought process out of making a character. Instead of having it so that people have to figure out which points to put in which trees to get the best outcome they pretty much do that for you. It went from 3 skill trees you could put points you received every with every level, into anywhere ------> 3 skill trees, but having that many points and options was too complicated for people so now you only get a point every few levels instead of every level-----> wow, its still too complicated for people.... so lets no longer let them use all 3 trees now they can only use 1 ------> holy crap people are still confused... lets just take everything out and only have 1 tree to it's impossible to screw up. Frustrates me because one of my favorite parts of RPG games is figuring out how to min-max the characters.... to take a character and take allllll of the tons of potential outcomes and find the best one. I mean, I do understand that a lot of people don't want to put that much thought into it and just want to get on and put points in and play... and there's nothing wrong with that- but then they should either find a different game to play or they should have just made WoW simple to begin with.

I will tell ya, the one thing Im going to miss with the new changes.... is the customizable armor now :(

I think the talent trees are a good thing. With how they are now, you're stuck with 2 or 3 builds in each spec, and if you don't follow them you're a noob, bad, don't know your class, etc. There's more options, but it's not good enough to really pick how you want your class. Obviously you lose out on major talents if you go into another.

With this one, you choose what every 15 levels? One choice that will totally alter your playstyle and abilities, you've really got to pick it well. The way I see it, is it's gonna be a big buff to how you play, rather than picking the same cookie-cutter builds everyone else is running. Cause like you said, it's fun to pick all the min-max builds and choose the most beneficial one, but everyone just copies that build. I know I'm using a DW Frost DK build that many raiders use. There's more customization now, yet everyone's still the same. It'll be more personal, and in that way benefit you more.

Yeah I liked finding your badass looking armor and being so happy you got something that finally looked cool xD but in the same way, you can make yourself look how you want now I guess. I like that a lot too. Makes me think of Assassins Creed 2 and the dyes and stuff.

OT: I nominate we make a Horde guild, any server that's either Recommended or New. I'm gonna nominate a PvE server too, but if you wanna go PvP then whatever man. I haven't played Horde since TBC, rolled Ally so I could play with some friends. Craving to play a Tauren or an Orc lol. Maybe Gob, haven't done that one yet.

Mizel
10-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Yeah I liked finding your badass looking armor and being so happy you got something that finally looked cool xD but in the same way, you can make yourself look how you want now I guess. I like that a lot too. Makes me think of Assassins Creed 2 and the dyes and stuff.

That's exactly what I think of too! ^_^

Akatosh
10-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I've played alliance since forever! Going Horde to see if the grass is greener. I'm leveling a Tauren DK on Hyjal server(which I hear has a good horde community)! My old server (windrunner) is boring and I'm tired of it!

@Mizel: They're are still having talent trees, I looked at the screenshots. You still specialize in a tree but those perks are a bonus. I would like you to reconsider as I want to have as many people as possible

ROFLBRYCE
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I've played alliance since forever! Going Horde to see if the grass is greener. I'm leveling a Tauren DK on Hyjal server(which I hear has a good horde community)! My old server (windrunner) is boring and I'm tired of it!

@Mizel: They're are still having talent trees, I looked at the screenshots. You still specialize in a tree but those perks are a bonus. I would like you to reconsider as I want to have as many people as possible

Maybe I'll pop a DK on there too and take a shot at tanking if you're into dungeons!

Akatosh
10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'll help you level a regular character too if you want. I might transfer my main if I like the horde on Hyjal. Look up Lohken
(horde on windrunner is a deserted and the little population it has is full of assholes)

PS: Actually doing an Orc DK so make something else! lol

CraeSC111
10-25-2011, 10:45 PM
I stopped playing wow because of the amount of arses on. Couldn't get a good game going.

Akatosh
10-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Well if you have some friends or just people you know (members on the forum) then it makes stuff suck waaaaaayyy less : D

Akatosh
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Also they added limited accounts, you can level up to 20 with no limits. Maybe try it out again? I'm tired of pugging and joining guilds I don't like and want to play with people who I (kinda) know.

CraeSC111
10-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah but I get that all on starcraft just about every time I get on