PDA

View Full Version : How do you know what your xbox 360 dvd key is?

Vennie
10-25-2011, 03:41 AM
How do you know what your xbox 360 dvd key is?
my xbox 360 had the 3 red light problem so im going to buy a new motherboard my dvd player works fine but have read that you need a key so it works. so how do you know what your key is?

ROFLBRYCE
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
How do you know what your xbox 360 dvd key is?
my xbox 360 had the 3 red light problem so im going to buy a new motherboard my dvd player works fine but have read that you need a key so it works. so how do you know what your key is?

I've got no idea what you're talking about. If you're asking what type of disk drive the Xbox has, you'd have to look it up online. Each model of the 360 had 1-3 different types of disk drives. It won't just take a standard DVD drive from a PC or DVD player.

With all the trouble of getting a new disk drive, mother board, etc, it's honestly so much easier and potentially cheaper to just buy a new Xbox, even if it's in used condition. I spent $150+ on trying to get my 360 to work. I just bought a new one, it's so much of a hassle and trouble to get it up and running again, and even if you do it right there's no guarantee it will work.