PDA

View Full Version : WB to stop shipping Harry Potter after Dec 29th

thedeparted
10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
'Harry Potter' DVDs and Blu-rays are about to get struck with an Evanesco spell. Warner Bros. announced on Monday night that it will stop shipping copies of the eight 'Potter' films to stores as of Dec. 29. That means if you don't get 'Harry Potter' DVDs during the holiday season, you likely won't be able to purchase the films again until Warner Bros. does a special re-release in the future. (Thankfully, this moratorium doesn't affect the digital platforms.) If this sounds familiar, it's because Disney has used a similar plan in the past for its archive titles. The 'Harry Potter' DVDs have grossed more than $5 billion worldwide for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

Pretty lame if you ask me, cause the re-release will probably include like 1 think just so they can hike the price up

Veritas
10-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Seems counter-productive to stem the purchasing like this of something so hot in sales. Have you heard about that new online HP thing, where you can experience the stories, but with something of a choose-your-own-adventure twist? It's called "Pottermore", and you will be able to purchase and download the movies from there, I think.

Mizel
10-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Yea that makes no sense >_< The pottermore thing is bizzare to me lol.... it's all fan fiction stuff.

CraeSC111
10-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Eh I never liked Harry Potter anyway!

Mizel
10-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Blasphemy!

thedeparted
10-30-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm surprised I enjoyed them, i did a marathon earlier this year of them. I still need to see the latest.

CraeSC111
10-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I liked the last one actually

Veritas
10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
It definitely had a different tone and pace than the first few. Actually, the last 3 (?) of them (all after the Goblet of Fire) seem to be more suspense/horror than the bubbly and adventurous prior movies.

Trunks
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I never had any intentions of buying them, I watched them all in theaters that was enough for me.

Half Blood Prince and up were definitely way better than the first few of the series. Way more action, I just didn't like the way the series ended. I won't say why so I don't spoil it for anybody.

CraeSC111
11-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I didn't like how they did the goblet of fire. It really sucked compared to the book

Mizel
11-01-2011, 09:36 AM
It definitely had a different tone and pace than the first few. Actually, the last 3 (?) of them (all after the Goblet of Fire) seem to be more suspense/horror than the bubbly and adventurous prior movies.

That's actually how the books played out as well, which is what the author was intending to do. The books mature with the characters, it's actually pretty cool. They start out kind of innocent and naive and become darker and darker and by the end.