PDA

View Full Version : Bill Gates Stepping Down In 2008

Scott
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Earlier today, Bill announced at a press conference that come 2008 he will be stepping down as chairman of Microsoft and ended his role as chief software architect immediately.

Bill had this to say:

Our business and technical leadership has never been stronger, and Microsoft is well-positioned for success in the years ahead. I feel very fortunate to have such great technical leaders like Ray and Craig at the company. I remain fully committed and full-time at Microsoft through June 2008 and will be working side-by-side with Ray and Craig to ensure that a smooth transition occurs.

Link (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6152815.html#)

So, what do you make of this news? Do you think this will have any impact on the next Xbox console (by 2008 it's likely it will be in production), or do you see it as nothing so big as a guy like Bill probably has a lot of people below him making choices, especially where Xbox is concerned?

Let us know!

Jasperking
09-26-2007, 07:09 PM
FINALLY!!!!! - thats all i got to say

LiNuX
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
i tried posting here yeterday when i lost internet but it went something like this

NOOOOOOOO! he didnt add me to his will yet, he cant quit before he does

lol, thats about it - well he did a lot of good to microsoft, he deserves to retire

lonewolfxix
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
the xbox is one of microsoft's most recent endeavours, people who actually know anything are more thinking about the operating systems and their range of software titles (games and else)
This is an end of an era.. Bill Gates has been in microsoft since the 70's when most of them looked like hippies and microsoft was but a small company and no business man in their right mind would fund them. Although a lot of us say we hate him and that he's stupid... he's the last person of the original microsoft company and he's brought the company this far with his intelligence, he is quite an amazing man. to hear him retire is some what of a bad omen in my opinion, although Ray and Craig are very reliable people.. i can see a lot of things changing... for better or for worse and what the changes are i have no idea.

Although I am ashamed to admit it, Bill Gates is some what of a hero or god of computers, his ideas are now found in soo many homes and businesses, his ideas, for better or worse, have dramatically increased the rate that pc's get faster and more efficient and games have awe-inspiring graphics because of this.

Bill Gates, I thank you.

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Just so you know he is still going to be owner of Microsoft because he owns 32% of all Microsoft share so that makes him owner of the company.

Here is a stock lesson:

If you own stock you own a part of a company. (Common Sense)
If you own the most stocks of a company then you are the owner of that company.

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 09:05 PM
actually i think that if u own 51% then you own the company.
Which is why in stocks and shares companies only allow 49% to go to other people

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 09:14 PM
No its actually the largest percent out there.

Example is if there are 100 shares of a company and you own 15 percent and everyone else owns 1 percent then you are the majority stock holder then you are the owner even if you didn't start the company.

LiNuX
09-29-2007, 09:56 PM
if you own even one share of microsoft, guess what, you are an owner! lol - bill gates just has the highest percentage, dont know how much for sure, it could be 32% or it could be something else - but gates makes it so no one ever has a higher percentage than he does - he's too smart for that

Jasperking
09-30-2007, 07:24 AM
so basicly he is steppin down but... he still owns most of the stocks rofl sneaky guy :P

lonewolfxix
09-30-2007, 12:38 PM
he will no longer lead projects but he can have a say in any big decisions - just like other people with shares in microsoft. but i can't see anything big in terms of microsoft's plan for the future besides the ones bill has already set