PDA

View Full Version : which handheld console is better?

neon flash!
11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
looking to buy a handheld console.
i'mn a bit behind the times lol and just bought my ps2 in the summer but now i'm back to uni never have the time to play it, so i'm thinking maybe a handheld device for the bus (and boring lecture ) might be the way to go.
i dont want to be paying silly money and i'm not like a hc gamer so not looking for the newest out or anything.
i'm into sonic and mario games mainly.
been thinking about the nintendo ds or psp.
ds i've only ever seen **** games advertised like brain academy and some dog thing lol. but psp i got told the UMD arent exactly portable so psp go would be better (as i download the games or something?)

what handheld console would you recomend?

and any chance of explaining how they both exaclty work (eg psp does music and vids right? - ds doesnt. but now there the ds lite, the 3ds etc).

(tbh i still have my gbc and like 7 mario games which are ace the only thing is though they dont have a save option, if there was a way to encode/ alter this so i could save them i'd be pretty happy!)

Kenoi
11-14-2011, 05:21 PM
well since you're into more of sonic/mario, I'd go for DS. theres many games out there that have those characters.

for psp, and the pspgo, they have some good games, but its mostly used for media. like if you wanted to watch a movie. theres many UMD's these days that they sell at gamestop that are movies. haha.

but if you like sonic/mario, I'd say go for DS. hope this helps.

Bertrum
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I would choose the DS, I never cared for the PSP

BobTD
12-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I own a lot of handheld systems, if you want my honest advice dish out the extra cash for the 3DS and get the good mario games, Zelda OoT, and have the system the next monster hunter is coming out for.

As much as I love my PSP (I realistically have over 500+ hours on it) that was mostly due to the monster hunter series.

I will not be getting any sony handheld devices after the PSP.

forumhookers
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM
PSP is best of all

Blaze
02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Well guys i have tried the multiple consoles but the PSP is only best and i also recommend this.The graphics is much better on this one and the game range is also huge so try this.

skull43
02-15-2012, 09:34 AM
PSP rlz lml

Jessika
04-16-2012, 12:12 AM
I like the PSP. I put lots of videos on it to watch.

Paul Turner
04-17-2012, 06:39 AM
Although I’m a PSP fan, based on your requirements, I would recommend the DS for you.

earthyearth
05-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I like the Vita