PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft for free?

iParasiteCJ
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
Does anyone know where I could download Minecraft for free? And NOT get any type of virus?

Slay
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
There is no way legally.
With or without viruses, that being said, we can't really answer this question.

paecmaker
11-15-2011, 03:39 PM
You can download the demo on the main website, but if you want the full game you have to pay, its still worth the price.

This site doesnt approve pirates so if you want to do that I recomend you turn somewhere else.

iParasiteCJ
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
I was seeing if there was a legal free version. Thanks for pointing me to the demo though, 20 minutes and I'm already addicted to it. lol

paecmaker
11-15-2011, 03:56 PM
ok, I understand.

And yeah, Im addicted to minecraft too, its just that Im busy with witcher 2 atm.

iParasiteCJ
11-15-2011, 04:12 PM
How's Witcher 2 working out?

Synge
11-15-2011, 07:14 PM
If you plan on getting it you might wanna do it soon; It's 25% off during Beta and the full release is this Friday :]

Slay
11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
If you plan on getting it you might wanna do it soon; It's 25% off during Beta and the full release is this Friday :]

1.9 this friday?!

Synge
11-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Well, I dunno if it's Friday specifically, sometime during Minecon which starts Friday.

And it's more than just 1.9-

Notch (from his tumblr): Next week is MineCon week. That means we’ll release the full version of Minecraft (which will be called “Minecraft”, and have a version number of 1.0. The current version is “Minecraft Beta”). We’ll keep working on Minecraft for a long time after the full release, but it’s a huge milestone.

Slay
11-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Well, I dunno if it's Friday specifically, sometime during Minecon which starts Friday.

And it's more than just 1.9-

Notch (from his tumblr): Next week is MineCon week. That means we’ll release the full version of Minecraft (which will be called “Minecraft”, and have a version number of 1.0. The current version is “Minecraft Beta”). We’ll keep working on Minecraft for a long time after the full release, but it’s a huge milestone.

Wouldn't it be 2.0? Not 1.0?
And this is exciting news! :D

Synge
11-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Wouldn't it be 2.0? Not 1.0?
And this is exciting news! :D
It'll be the first version of the full release, so the counter will start over; Like the Alpha to Beta transition, instead of 'Minecraft Beta 1.x', we'll have 'Minecraft 1.x'.

I'm excited too. I wanted all of the content at once, bug free, so I haven't bothered with any of the 1.9 prereleases, so I'll have lots of new things to mess around with.

CraeSC111
11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm super excited for the transition. Too bad I didn't get my girlfriend into Minecraft before it goes up to full price. Now I dun know if I care to bother trying to get her into it :p

Slay
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm super excited for the transition. Too bad I didn't get my girlfriend into Minecraft before it goes up to full price. Now I dun know if I care to bother trying to get her into it :p

Accounts data is local, and two two different accounts be on two different servers at the same time, so, what I'm saying is, you can share an account, and not even notice each other if you are two different comps. :P

iParasiteCJ
11-16-2011, 09:18 AM
:D awesome! I've been playing the free classic version on the minecraft site and instantly became addicted.. even made a pretty nice house with an underground dungeon and a cool tower in the lake. Then I noticed I couldn't save :( But my friend in one of my design classes is gonna let me use his account til next week when I get pauid and can buy it for myself. I didn't think pixel blocks could be this fun!! :D

Slay
11-16-2011, 04:15 PM
I didn't think pixel blocks could be this fun!! :D

If you're reading this.
Be amazed, because this is made of...
PIXEL BLOCKS!

Yeah minecraft does rock, sometimes you get bored playing alone,you should check out our server when you get a registered account! (I've heard it's been down for a bit, but it wont hurt to be prepared)
Also, there are tons of mods for it, that really spice up the game to your liking, that's something to look forward to, also. :)

iParasiteCJ
11-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I'll be getting my own account next week on payday. :)

williamregard
11-17-2011, 12:30 AM
I love new version of minecraft ..
=D