PDA

View Full Version : Help Me My dell XPS gets hung when i open some games

AdX9170
12-04-2011, 06:00 AM
hey ppl i have some sort of a problem with my laptop.. most of the games that ive installed make my laptop get hung. i mean they dont even open at all and not jus get hung at a paticular title screen or something. these are the same installation files that ive used successfully on my desktop n the games work 100% fine there. the problem n confusion now is that well my laptop is a million times more powerful than the desktop.
Desktop:
intel dual core e series processor
2 gb ram and
512mb nvidia geforce 9400gt
Laptop:
dell xps l502x
core i7 2630qm
8gb ram
2 gb nvidia geforce gt540m
btw they both run windows 7 ultimate (x64) which has also been installed frm the same damn disk..
what do i do?? :'(

LiNuX
12-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Is it a problem with particular games? If it is, then run the system requirements lab on your laptop to see if it's anything hardware related:

Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements
(http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx)

I'm not a fan of dell because they tend to use bad parts for their computers, so I wouldn't be surprised if the above test returns good results because it means the 'numbers' but the hardware is still bad.

AdX9170
12-05-2011, 06:30 AM
Well lyk I said the laptop specs are much better than the desktop so I think the minimum requirements have been met.. n I don't get why the faulty Hardware would cause a problem ONLY when I strt a game. Ntn wrong happens if I start any other software.