PDA

View Full Version : New Tom Clancy game on it's way...

Scott
09-28-2007, 12:46 PM
One of the world's largest video game publishers has just announced the latest development in what seems like one of the world's largest video game franchises. None other than Tom Clancy is getting a new title - this time he's taking to the air.

The as-yet untitled project (let's just call it Tom Clancy's Air Combat because I'm an original thinker) is currently being worked on by Ubisoft Bucharest, and is set to launch in 2008.

Serge Hascoet, chief creative officer at Ubisoft:

"Ubisoft has an unrivaled track record of creating and sustaining new brands. Our commitment to refreshing our catalog with regular introduction of new IPs is what keeps gamers coming back for more. With this new brand we're redefining the aerial combat genre and extending the Tom Clancy universe to deliver a compelling new action titles to next-generation gamers."

The game, set in the usual near-future that we have come to expect from the franchise, sees a world where a private military force has built up enough power that it turns on the USA. Gamers jump straight into the cockpits of amazingly powerful, technically advanced jet fighters. All the planes benefit from special high-tech piloting assistance, which provides security, comfort and enhanced perception for players. Once they've played for a while, and feel more confident, players can choose to turn this system off - but it is important to weigh the risks before choosing performance over security.

Sebastien Delen, managing director of Ubisoft's Bucharest studio.

"We are confident that this new brand will become the new benchmark for flight combat games and will be, like other Tom Clancy based games, an instant online multiplayer hit. The player will experience all the action and excitement of modern air combat, from intense dog fighting to tactical strikes."

As soon as we hear any more about the title (like, y'know, an actual title), we'll share. Till then, what would you like to see in a Tom Clancy aerial shooter? I want some paperbacks to read on the plane. I'm sure I'm not alone, there.

Sounds excellent to me!