PDA

View Full Version : More Final Fantasy XIII & MGS4 to 360 *rumor* surfaces

Scott
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
EMagLive.com has received multiple reports over the last few days from sources who wish to remain anonymous that Microsoft is making a largely successful bid for two of the PlayStation 3's most anticipated third-party exclusives: Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

The reports of Final Fantasy Versus XIII heading to the 360 have been circulating for nearly the last month after it was revealed that at least parts of the White Engine were being ported to Microsoft's console. Speaking to EMagLive we were told by a source close to Microsoft that the Redmond company was in productive discussions with the Japanese developer Square Enix to "at least get [Final Fantasy 13] as a timed multiplatform and at most get the game as a simultaneous release".

We learned that Square Enix was apparently asking for a large monetary compensation for the port, while Microsoft maintained that they did not want to pay for the cost of PlayStation 3 development on the title. Despite the difference of opinion it appears that the two companies are close to reaching an agreement that will bring the blockbuster RPG to the 360.

We contacted Square Enix for comment, but the company maintained that they had no news to announce stating "at this time, there is nothing announced toward a Cross Platform Final Fantasy game, other then Final Fantasy XI and The Last Remnant. This is not to say it will never happen ... decisions to develop additional games for the XBox 360 will ultimately be made by Square Enix and Microsoft."

We set out to get additional sources on the story and while chasing them down learned that Microsoft was also very close to reaching an agreement with Konami regarding Metal Gear Solid 4. Konami apparently also requested significant monetary compensation, but if our sources are to be believed the end result is looking like it will remain the same: Microsoft is close to reaching a deal which will bring MGS4 to the 360.

Konami responded by saying that they "have no information concerning the possible release of Metal Gear Solid 4 on the XBox 360 at this point". But they told us to "keep an eye on our website for updates" regarding any announcements on a 360 version of the anticipated title.

Microsoft declined to comment, saying only that they "just can't divulge any details of any deals we have with business partners" at this time. The representative noted that if there were any truth to the information we had, Microsoft would not be able to comment on business relations with partners, especially those concerning any future titles.

How could Sony lose two of its most pivotal third-party exclusives? Jack Tretton head of Sony Computer Entertainment America revealed earlier this summer that Sony had a strict policy against "buying" exclusives. "We have a very different approach to exclusives than some of our competitors," stated Tretton. "We don't buy exclusivity, we don't fund development. We don't, for lack of a better term, bribe somebody to only do a game on our platform."

Yet many developers find that the costs of developing on Sony's platform can outweigh many of the benefits. Sony's royalty on each disc sold is twice the royalty Microsoft levies on their system. Additionally, each extra month of development that the platform requires can raise the break-even point by as many as 50,000 ? 80,000 units on big titles.

Link (http://emaglive.com/index.php?showtopic=1988)

I keep expecting one of the major industry events to unveil the official announcements. Perhaps it can't be announced as Sony still has timed exclusives.

lonewolfxix
09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
There's been rumours about this for awhile and final fantasy xiii i do believe is meant to be coming out... if they take MGS4 i am going to LMAO

Well let's hope to see them come out for 360 =)

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Final Fantasy XIII wont come out for the 360 im sure of that

lonewolfxix
09-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Microsoft have already made a deal with square enix (which has been accepted) for Final Fantasy XIII to come out on Xbox 360 so ha! they're just now making a deal on it's release date, microsoft want atleast a same-time launch.

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 05:03 PM
tch i always thought Square ENIX would never leave sony and they shouldnt have...

Scott
09-30-2007, 07:51 AM
There is a good chance MGS4 Will be released on the Xbox 360. Because 2 and 3 were on the Xbox and they were supposed to be exclusives lol

lonewolfxix
09-30-2007, 12:32 PM
it was alot less announced on xbox though.

Square always choose the best platform, they used to be with nintendo till sony got in an arguement with nintendo and then released their own console which used cd's which are much better than cartridges so square moved to ps1. they'll always choose the platform they think will suit their game's requirements best.

Jasperking
09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
aww so its definatly coming out for the 360 then. Oh well just have to wait till the ps4 comes out rofl

Ghost
09-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Haha, if FF13 and MGS4 would go 360, Sony fanboys would go so mad..

I mean, those 2 games is basicly all they got left.

jakncoke
10-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Microsoft have already made a deal with square enix (which has been accepted) for Final Fantasy XIII to come out on Xbox 360 so ha! they're just now making a deal on it's release date, microsoft want atleast a same-time launch.

No they didn't but keeping dreaming with your lies, if anything MGS4 will see the lights of the 360 in about a year past the PS3 title launch.

Jasperking
10-01-2007, 02:17 PM
be much earlier than a year. Prolly about a few months if that

lonewolfxix
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
dream on with my lies?

Well the internets is abuzz with news that DMC4 a once SONY PS3 exclusive is coming to the 360. Well PS3 fanboys hold on to your huggies, cuse there is more news and rumors abound abound that another so called PS3 exclusive, may not be SO EXCLUSIVE. Georges Fornay is the Vice-president of Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe and the President of SCE France. He was interviewed today considering that in 2 days the PS3 will hit Europe with the force of the 1.6 firmware update, which adds background downloading but ****s up your PS2 backward compat (no emotion engine chip for you). You gotta take the good with the bad…sucks ass.

Well Mr. Fornay had a couple of things to say about the PS3, but most important of all was on the so called Exclusivity of FFXIII.

“Sonys vice president of Computer entertainment Europe said that Final Fantasy XIII’s exclusiveness is under discussion and undecided. The development cost of games have exploded, and it’s become difficult to have exclusivity rights, except for our own games. He went on to remind us all that they will launch 30 games, some of which are Motorstorm, Resistance and Virtua Fighter. What’s more, they await 200 games on the PS3 by the end of 2007.”

This does not bode well for Sony but kick ass for gamers. I cannot see how Sony could possibly afford the full out exclusivity of FFXIII on the PS3.

alot of people seem to think ff13 is coming out for 360 and there are definitely talks of it and as that article states SE are talking to microsoft about it :) The new Dragon Quest is also rumoured for a 360 launch, also, think of blue dragon, first square game on the xbox. it could hint to possible future square enix titles on the xbox 360.

Man, SONY Fanboys must be PISSED! especially since alot of their exclusive games are going multi format and generally with extra goodies available on the 360 =)

jakncoke
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
dream on with my lies?

alot of people seem to think ff13 is coming out for 360 and there are definitely talks of it and as that article states SE are talking to microsoft about it :) The new Dragon Quest is also rumoured for a 360 launch, also, think of blue dragon, first square game on the xbox. it could hint to possible future square enix titles on the xbox 360.

Man, SONY Fanboys must be PISSED! especially since alot of their exclusive games are going multi format and generally with extra goodies available on the 360 =)
Those people are xbots that are having wetdreams over FF and MGS coming to the 360, I'll bet a lifetime ban that neither see the light of day on the 360..face it you want those 3 titles you need a ps3

lonewolfxix
10-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Bet me cash i'm interested, every one of those that does make it you pay me $3 via paypal everyone that doesn't i pay you $3 via paypal, if you last long enough. Stop defending the ps3, it won't win. the soon as the faults kick in, parents will have to open their wallets to fix their kids ps3 or attempt to fix it themselves. a single console release is hard nowadays, especially when a base model ps3 still costs ?299 in UK ($600 us approx) and only comes with a 40gb hdd and a controller, for that money i can get a 360 premium with 2 controllers, forza motorsport 2 and halo3 or a 360elite with i think 2 controlles which has a 120gb harddrive.

jakncoke
10-05-2007, 07:56 PM
1) Lifetime bans are more interesting

2) Even if I did want to bet cash I couldn't cause I don't have paypal

3) your already saying PS3 has no chance less than a year and before major titles come out :twitcy:

4) I can defend the PS3 all I want not everyone on the planet cares about 360(still getting one) or Wii

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Sony have proved it before: Whatever comes out first, wins. A single island won't be able to decide the fate if a console really sells or not, and it came out in March here in the UK.. I still haven't found any interesting games which aren't already out for the xbox 360 for a cheaper price, infact, some of the games you can still get on Playstation 2.

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
That's because the PS2 is Sony's ace in the hole, by supporting PS2 and not just throwing it too the curb like Nintendo and Microsoft did they still make loads of profit from software that continues to sell well for it offsetting some of the huge losses the PS3 has occured thus far.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:20 AM
i dont think sony has any huge losses from making the ps3 btw

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Yes they have about 1.5 billion for research and development and about 1 billion since it was launched.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:29 AM
yes they did spend that much but do you think sony had nothing to begin with or something?

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:36 AM
No Sony is a very rich company but they can't bleed money forever sooner or later shareholders will come down on them, I'm seriously wondering when shareholders do that with Microsoft seeing there Xbox division is like 8 billion in the red since it was opened.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
hmm shareholders will never drop from Microsoft since they are so rich and always get their money back

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah there other divisions makes billions but sooner or later when they overlook the company and seeing the Xbox division bleeding like miss. river sooner or later they'll take notice and issue a ultimatum, I think next year will be the first ever that the Xbox division actually turned a profit

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:45 AM
although they will have a huge profit btw so it doesnt really matter

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 02:58 PM
xbox profits 2005
Microsoft's Xbox division posts first profit

Entertainment unit contributes to overall quarterly sales of $10.82bn

Fuelled by increased demand for business and consumer software, Microsoft today announced record sales figures of $10.82bn for the quarter ended 31 December 2004, a seven per cent increase on the same period in 2003.

Operating income for the quarter was reported at $4.75bn, representing an increase of $3.27bn over the same period in 2003.

----------------
sony changes 2007

Sony plans to sell PS3 chip production facilities to Toshiba

Sony may be planning to sell its chip production facilities to Toshiba for $865 million, if reports by the AP and Reuters are to be believed.

---------
they built those factories for $6billion each, to sell them on 3 years that later, if this is true, sony must be making losses somewhere.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 02:59 PM
since this has gone way off topic im going to close it before the thread gets out of hand

-----Thread Closed-----