PDA

View Full Version : Have Minecraft? Want to help test the new GF MC Server?

LiNuX
12-16-2011, 06:03 PM
Some have already mentioned that we are trying to get a new minecraft server up. I need a few people with the game to test the connection and basically see if the server works and runs smoothly. You can think of yourselves as beta testers.

If you're interested, post here, I will PM you details.

~LiNuX

Exentenzed
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Sounds good, i'll gladly help test the connection.

HamadaLFC8
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm in too !

LiNuX
12-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Sounds good, i'll gladly help test the connection.

Sent you the data. Thanks for volunteering.

I'm in too !

You already have the data, I opened it up for mods before everyone else remember?

ROFLBRYCE
12-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I'd be interested to check it out some time tonight

CraeSC111
12-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Well I'm sure you already have testers but I would like to get in on the new minecraft server! Are you still running it vanilla?

Ilyich Valken
12-17-2011, 11:00 AM
I'd be in for it.

LiNuX
12-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Will send both of you details later tonight, I recently found out that in minecraft, 1.0 is the upgrade of 1.8, so I need to install that later.

Won't be needing anyone else to help with the test, everyone will get the chance to play on it when it's fully released (hopefully in a few days).

Exentenzed
12-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Would you mind posting it here or sending us the info once the update is complete?

LiNuX
12-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Yeah I'll PM you when the server is updated. I just got home, need to get settled, and get something to eat. Should have it done in in the next few hours or so.

Exentenzed
12-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Okey, i wasnt on for long but for some reason it says in my MP list that i am having a communication error with the server. Now normally when this has showed up before i have never been able to connect, yet i was able to on your server.

Seems decent, can't really test anything more before we get a good deal of people on it so we can stress test the server and bandwith. Of course i had about half a second lag on everything i did but i think we can account that to me beeing in Europe.

Is the server west coast or east coast btw?

LiNuX
12-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Thanks, glad to know you can connect to it at least.

And it's in Central, located in Texas.

I also rebooted the server so if you can try it again later to see if you still get that error, it would be great.

I'm also sending details to the other two gamers who volunteered, forgot to do it earlier.

Thanks again everyone.

Also as a note, the old worldfile from when it was run on Wicked's server will take over this one - since I upgraded, it reverted back and I didn't change it to the old world, will do that when it's ready for full release.

Exentenzed
12-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Aight, ill give it a quick go now. :)

Edit: Still getting the "Connection error" thingy.

Lets just see if any of the others get the same problem before you try doing anything else.

LiNuX
12-18-2011, 02:27 AM
Edit: Still getting the "Connection error" thingy.

But you're able to connect to the actual server and do stuff? Or is that error interfering with anything?

And I just tried something with the MOTD, their wiki says that if it's over 59 chars, it may display a connection error...which is weird.

Exentenzed
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
But you're able to connect to the actual server and do stuff? Or is that error interfering with anything?

And I just tried something with the MOTD, their wiki says that if it's over 59 chars, it may display a connection error...which is weird.

Whatever you did i don't have the error anymore.

Now it displays: Welcome to www .gamers-forum.com minecraft server!

Could you make it shorter? It's in the way of the latency and looks alltogheter horrible. xD

If all caps then 30 letters max, if not then i guess you can go up to 35. But that would be cutting it close.

CraeSC111
12-18-2011, 04:45 AM
Sorry for being a little late. When I try to connect I get a message that says: server responds with an invalid server key.

CraeSC111
12-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Never mind the problem seems to have fixed itself

LiNuX
12-18-2011, 10:59 AM
If all caps then 30 letters max, if not then i guess you can go up to 35. But that would be cutting it close.

Fixed it. It should really carry over the next line. Oh Well.

I removed your link to the screenshot because it was displaying the connection info.

Never mind the problem seems to have fixed itself

Good to hear. If you have any other issues, feel free to let me know.

CraeSC111
12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Well the only other issue I have is some of my mods doing weird things but besides that I was able to mess around just fine. Made myself a little house. I don't get any lag on the server which is nice.

Exentenzed
12-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Fixed it. It should really carry over the next line. Oh Well.

I removed your link to the screenshot because it was displaying the connection info.

Oh right!! My apologies, obviously i didn't think that trough. xD

Edit: I tried it again a little bit the other night and i don't know if you have done anything but i feel the latency is a bit better.

CraeSC111
12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
You gotta remember to put in the whitelist on the server. Was playing with some Guy named maverick earlier.