PDA

View Full Version : Need an Avatar?

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Ok so you look and look for an avatar but just can't find the size. Well I have your solution for you that can't find the right size. Follow these steps and you can get any image you find.

Step 1:
Go to Google Image Search - Link (http://images.google.com/imghp?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wi&q=)

Step 2:
Search your topic you want to look for.

Step 3:
Click the IMAGES Showing: |All Image Sizes| Box at the top under the search bar. (Maybe in different location depending on browser.)

Step 4:
Look at the 50x50 images and search all the way until you find one or two you like.

Step 5:
Select that image and go all the way following the image on the main search, and the view image alone or see full size.

Step 6:
Right Click or for Macs with 1 button mouses, press Control + Click the Mouse. Then select Save Image As...Copy to Disk or and name the file whatever you want.

Step 7:
Upload the image using the avatar control panel and BALM you have your avatar.

If you need further help feel free to PM me and I will assist in any way possible.

LiNuX
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
good tutorial, +rep given :D

you can also select the avatar URL if you have one, if you use an image host like imageshack or photobucket, just get the url and put it in there :D just as easy without downloading and uploading images

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
should we put this in the tutorial section as it is more of a tutorial than a Question/Suggestion.

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Well remember its a question for people who want avatars but can't find any that can fit it. :confused1: Well something like that. But I already moved this topic topic once from Forum Talk to here.

LiNuX
09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
tutorial section will probably be taken off soon, its almost dead and information on forum products and services go in forum talk or questions/suggestions - tutorial section for other stuff :D

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 07:48 PM
your not thinking of replacing the tutorial section with a true halo thread are u?:D lol ojk

LiNuX
09-29-2007, 08:00 PM
your not thinking of replacing the tutorial section with a true halo thread are u?:D lol ojk

halo board is already here, look under shooters :D i think i moved all the threads too, if i havent just move them for me

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 08:33 PM
i know the halo board is under shooters but it could be moved to the main page :p

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Nah its good where its at. Gamers can see it as soon as they visit the forum. But lets get back on topic. I may split this topic to keep anything that relates to Need an Avatar and anything that relates to Halo on the Main Page.

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 08:45 PM
sorry for the non-related posts.. it must have come down the the "halo fever" XD. But anyway back on topic

People could also get large pictures and then either crop or resize them in paint or a similar program

GF Eric
09-29-2007, 08:54 PM
True but a lot of people don't have editing software or programs. So this would save them a lot of time.

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 08:56 PM
yeah but all PC users have paint anyway lol. I dunno about macs but im sure they have an inbuilt program too