PDA

View Full Version : Pixar dinosaur movie titled Frozen

thedeparted
12-22-2011, 04:04 PM
After releasing two sequels in a row for the past two years, Pixar is finally moving forward with some original films, starting with next summer's Brave and going into a whole intriguing set of films, including one truly strange-sounding one set in a little girl's mind. We know even less about another one set for release in 2013 about dinosaurs, but now it at least has a title; according to an update at Box Office Mojo, the movie once genuinely called The Untitled Pixar Movie About Dinosaurs will now be known as Frozen.

A very, very small group of people are going to have to work to dissociate that title from the horror movie set on a chair lift, but everyone else will probably move on to wondering exactly how that title connects to the story. Everything we now about the film we learned over the summer at the D23 conference, where they announced that the film takes place during an alternate earth history timeline, where the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs missed and they have continued evolving, presumably alongside the humans who somehow managed to survive despite the giant reptiles ruling the planet. Does the title hint at some kind of Ice Age coming to threaten their existence? Are the humans the ones who are frozen? Is there some other way to read way too much into this?

Frozen is set for release on November 27, 2013. The next Pixar film in theaters will be Brave, coming June 22 next year, and then Monsters University, the new Monsters Inc. prequel releasing almost exactly a year later on June 21, 2013. Frozen's November release will make 2013 the first year ever that Pixar has released two features in a single year-- hopefully a promise of new productivity for the studio that, Cars 2 aside, consistently refuses to disappoint us.

UPDATE: Pixar's Dinosaur Movie Not Titled Frozen - CinemaBlend.com (http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Pixar-Dinosaur-Movie-Now-Titled-Frozen-28492.html)

Wonder what kind of plot line this going to have. I hope this isn't going to be some sort of setting of ice age era. but i feel with a title like that its only fair to somewhat assume.

Mizel
12-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Hmmmm Im intersted. I have faith in Pixar to put out something good :)

I don’t care what kind of setting the movie has…. Im just hoping its dino related ^_^

Th3-devils-princess
12-23-2011, 10:37 AM
aye men miss Mizel i hope its dino related i love all the animated movies :D

Mizel
12-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Me too! Especially Ice Age 3 :D

Th3-devils-princess
12-23-2011, 10:58 AM
hehe see my fav was toy story and finding nemo :D