PDA

View Full Version : Sky Block

Trunks
01-13-2012, 09:35 AM
Was watching youtube videos and I found an interesting thing to try.
[Surv] SkyBlock - Minecraft Forum (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/600254-surv-skyblock/)

You start off on a very small section of map. Incredibly small, you have 1 tree and a chest with a bucket of water and lava. If you fall of your little island you fall out of the map and die.

The trick is to expand your island as far as your can. You make a cobble stone generator with the lava and water and use the saplings on the tree to grow more trees.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm going to install it and try it out. Me and a friend are going to create our own server and have 2 people on the island. I think it looks awesome, just wanted to share this with you guys.

Exodyus
01-13-2012, 11:14 AM
See -- things like this make me want to play the game, but I've never played before. I don't even know where to start or what to do, really...

paecmaker
01-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Watched it and it looks awesome, but is there a point more than just survive, like to build a house and so on?

Trunks
01-13-2012, 11:23 AM
yeah you can expand your island out as far as you want with the cobble stone generator. Make a spanwer, get bone meal to grow grass, then you can have an animal spawner. I think if you go far enough in one direction you make it to land as well. So it's really endless what you can do.

Muffincat
01-14-2012, 12:34 PM
This sounds really fun; I might have to try it some time :3

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Going back to my gamers forum youtube channel idea we could quickly convert our server over to that map (after saving our current one) and make a quick youtube video of us doing it. Just saying

Trunks
01-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Cant really fit more than 2 people with on island, two was difficult enough.. It'd be easier just to set up your own server and do it with a friend. That's what I did, ran it with 3 gigs of ram, only 1 gig going to the server. Sky Block doesn't take much to run. I definitely had fun, me and a friend played it for probably 10 hours, I'll post Screen Shots of what we did so far.

CraeSC111
01-14-2012, 06:25 PM
well we would have to limit the number of people of course. Maybe have some new people come in when they are able or something like that. Just have the community work together to make something cool in maybe a week or so, put some footage into a few videos on the gf youtube page (which has yet to be made (I think).).

xLykos
05-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I miss our sky block server

takezokensai
06-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Looks pretty cool ;)

Trunks
06-03-2012, 10:58 AM
I miss our sky block server

I still have everything on my PC for it, I just have to update it and turn it on.