PDA

View Full Version : The Snow Catacombs

CraeSC111
01-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Hello everyone. I am starting a project on the Minecraft server. It is a dungeon/quest where you must venture into the snow catacombs, find the three ender pearls spread across each level and make your way to the bottom of the catacomb to find your way out. I will keep you posted on my progress with the catacombs and post what kind of items I would like to have donated or any help I need. Also if the mods would like to help by spawning in some non-minable objects to help finish it off that would be nice.

Trunks
01-25-2012, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't start too big of a project, because when the new patch comes out, we'll have to start a new world to get the biome to work. but if you need anything let me go, I might be able to help.

Synge
01-25-2012, 11:32 PM
I wouldn't start too big of a project, because when the new patch comes out, we'll have to start a new world to get the biome to work. but if you need anything let me go, I might be able to help.

Has it been decided that the server is even being reset? Everything else in the patch will work will existing worlds.

Crae is putting the finishing touches on the arena (which took a hell of a long time) I just finished my base recently (which used 2600 wool, that was a pain).. I dunno about everyone else but I'd rather keep our **** than reset just for one new biome.

ROFLBRYCE
01-25-2012, 11:51 PM
Has it been decided that the server is even being reset? Everything else in the patch will work will existing worlds.

Crae is putting the finishing touches on the arena (which took a hell of a long time) I just finished my base recently (which used 2600 wool, that was a pain).. I dunno about everyone else but I'd rather keep our **** than reset just for one new biome.

Ditto. I finally started playing again and getting a farm up and running :V

Don't really care about jungles, I don't know how many people would be building in/around them, if we even spawned near them (thinking about travel times to other homes) anyways.

CraeSC111
01-26-2012, 01:25 AM
And new ones will appear on new chunks. But you'd have to move really far away

Muffincat
01-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I don't think you have to reset for the new changes. The new things will generate on chunks that haven't been generated in the world yet, so it should be fine. You might just have to move out a bit... but I don't know that it will be a justification for a total reset.

Synge
01-26-2012, 04:20 PM
And new ones will appear on new chunks. But you'd have to move really far away

Yeah, I don't think you have to reset for the new changes. The new things will generate on chunks that haven't been generated in the world yet, so it should be fine. You might just have to move out a bit... but I don't know that it will be a justification for a total reset.

Unfortunately, Jeb himself has stated that new maps will be required to load jungle biomes. :/

I'd still rather keep our stuff than reset though.

If Linux puts the map up for download, I could use MC Edit to copy our current world and paste it in a new one (and smooth the edges where they meet so it isn't obvious). ~2000 blocks in each direction should be sufficient to cover most everyone's stuff.

Trunks
01-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I personally would rather start over, I want to play the jungle biomes plus, I don't really mind rebuilding everything. It's what minecraft is all about anyway.

CraeSC111
01-26-2012, 10:59 PM
if you want a jungle biome you could always just ask a mod to spawn you in a bunch of the new saplings and plant them everywhere. MacGyver yourself a biome. :D

Trunks
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
lol, if only it was the same.

Muffincat
01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Unfortunately, Jeb himself has stated that new maps will be required to load jungle biomes. :/

I'd still rather keep our stuff than reset though.

If Linux puts the map up for download, I could use MC Edit to copy our current world and paste it in a new one (and smooth the edges where they meet so it isn't obvious). ~2000 blocks in each direction should be sufficient to cover most everyone's stuff.

Wow, that's annoying. I think it's a really bad idea for them to implement it like that :/ If that's the case, I'd probably be for resetting...

But anyway, I guess we'll have to see and maybe have a vote if it comes down to it. I still can't even play Minecraft, so I wouldn't want to have too much say in what happens with the server reset. I usually never cared much because it's not a huge problem to rebuild, usually... but I think a vote would probably be the most fair. We'll just have to wait and see.

Good idea with the MC Edit thing; I'll keep that in mind.

CraeSC111
01-27-2012, 11:59 PM
If you do a reset will our inventories be kept or will everything be wiped?

xLykos
01-28-2012, 08:09 PM
I think you should just restart the server, I mean the point of the game is to build stuff
I put a lot of work into my little island I have put it will be cool to be as up-to-date as possible and starting over is a lot of fun too

Trunks
01-28-2012, 08:10 PM
As far as I know there isn't anything to keep your inventory, I don't see the big deal, It's not hard to get anything in the game IMO.

CraeSC111
01-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Was just wondering but I'm up for a full reset.

Synge
01-29-2012, 04:22 PM
They keep adding more jungle specific stuff, drawing my favor towards the full reset.. I want kitties =D

CraeSC111
01-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Yeah I'm definitely up for a full reset I can build everything bigger and better!

Trunks
01-29-2012, 05:00 PM
They keep adding more jungle specific stuff, drawing my favor towards the full reset.. I want kitties =D

I saw that on youtube, I thought it was just a mod, I'm excited now :p