PDA

View Full Version : Top Gamers Frozen

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Well this has nothing to do with any member but people do check the Top Gamers list often and if you haven't realized, it has been frozen since yesterday. Top Gamers list can be found at the top most menu bar right next to FAQs.

It hasn't been updating and I will look into it, if I cannot fix it, this will be a feature that will be taken off.

If you still want to see where you stand for the month - please go to Quick Links (right next to Search Drop down button on the navigation bar) and click Top Gamers of the Month from the list.

That list will only show you stats for the entire month and not weekly or daily like the other one.

Sorry for this inconvenience to anyone that uses that feature often but It is being looked into right now.

Thank you!

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
I used that feature quite alot also so i hope it doesnt disappear :(. Please tell us when its working again :) well if..

EDIT: seems to be working now i think

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I used that feature quite alot also so i hope it doesnt disappear :(. Please tell us when its working again :) well if..

EDIT: seems to be working now i think - confirmed

only some parts of it are working at a time for some reason :/ it is updating but like one part every hour or so, it should be dynamic - it always has been, im gonna go see if there is an update to this, even if there is i cant do anything without my regular internet back lol, i'll have access to my old PC back, have all mod files there

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:33 PM
was it this wednesday or next wednesday you are ment to be getting your internet back? Cause i hope its soon so you can fix everything like a good admin :) :D:twitcy:

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 04:37 PM
was it this wednesday or next wednesday you are ment to be getting your internet back? Cause i hope its soon so you can fix everything like a good admin :) :D:twitcy:

tomorrow evening, about 24 hrs left for it - hopefully it all works out and the guy comes on time and sets up the connection otherwise bad things will happen in the world

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Gamers Forum will FREEZE OVER nooo!!!!!. The forum rests in yours and the networking guys hands lol

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Gamers Forum will FREEZE OVER nooo!!!!!. The forum rests in yours and the networking guys hands lol

yea the second part of that i hate, if i had total control of everything, it would all be 100x better - i wish i could run my own server and my own internet service provider from my garage or something

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 05:54 PM
i swear this is working properly now though. It seems to update all the time for me anyway

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
yea its all working now lol, weird for almost 2 days it was acting stupid, guess i scared the mod when i spoke about uninstalling lol :-P

and i did find an update to it, i'll upgrade it when i get the chance this coming weekend. supposedly better.

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 06:30 PM
rofl scaring the mods into working is a great idea :).

Maybe the update is just faster or summit

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
we'll just have to wait and see for me to get the update first, its previous files are on my desktop, dont feel like getting it now to compare lol :D will upgrade later, this isnt a major modification to the forum, just extra :-)

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 06:57 PM
kewl any extra is good for the forum XD. As long as the extra doesnt slow it down ofcourse or is.. inappropriate :p

LiNuX
10-02-2007, 08:08 PM
kewl any extra is good for the forum XD. As long as the extra doesnt slow it down ofcourse or is.. inappropriate :p

nah..i wont do anything to slow down the forum, i just moved it to a server with double the RAM and double the net speed lol, so we shouldn't be having many problems and daily backups were being taken to insure more security from losses except for today - had a break since i didnt use laptop at school lol

i only backup from school since i download whole directory and database in under 10 minutes :D :spinny:

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
oh yeah you did say you moved it to a better server :). Double the ram is always good for servers XD. Its so annoying that school has fast internet though. Well its really slow because of so many users but the download and upload speed are high

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 08:40 AM
not slow for me lol :D im at school right now and internet is super fast - my regular internet is due to come when i get home today in a few hours, guy brings modem and activates account :D

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Well then i guess the UK has really crappy internet in schools compared to America.. Although i have not tested the college internet properly yet

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
my school is one of the world's top 10 wireless campuses :D its wireless EVERYWHERE if you are within the campus walls or gates and trees and parking lot lol :D each class room has 2 or 4 routers and i've seen them on walls in the hall way, building edges, on trees - gotta love that

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 08:48 AM
2 - 4 routers :/ thats just crazy lol you dont need that many routers in a classroom :p. Its not fair i want fast internet :'(. I guess ill have to wait till university....

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
we really don't but the school has them, cant complain tho, the room i am in now has only one, weird, my next class has 4 lol, its a room like 3x this one's size

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 08:54 AM
how many computers are in the other room :p. Cause in my college the max ive seen in a room so far is like 30

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 08:58 AM
everybody has their own laptop lol, we do have computer laps i think each has 100+, not sure, never went in cuz i always have my laptop with me, i could sit on the school lawn and use the computer, done it many time

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 09:00 AM
you bring laptops into school eh?.. We just have tons of cheap computers lol... nice to have 100+ per classroom though rofl. I have a laptop but its my mums and i dont want to brake it

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
my school gives free laptops to all incoming freshmans, pretty good laptops too, i've been using this one all summer to get internet for the little time i get lol, otherwise you wouldn't have seen me on for the past two months and the forum probably would have been dead by now

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 09:19 AM
wait a sec do you take the laptops home with you :eek1:... thats generosity :eek1: