PDA

View Full Version : Will Smith to remake and direct The Karate Kid staring his son and Jackie Chan

Scott
10-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Link (http://www.hollywood.com/news/Will_Smith_to_Direct_Karate_Kid_Remake/4927130)

HOLLYWOOD - Actor Will Smith will be donning his director's cap for his next project--a remake of 1984's Karate Kid.

The Pursuit of Happyness star, 39, is reportedly working on a modern-day version of the martial arts movie, with his 9-year-old son Jaden taking on the lead role of Daniel, originally made famous by Ralph Macchio.

Smith Jr. will star alongside Rush Hour's Jackie Chan, who will play the boy's mentor, Mr Miyagi, according to reports.

This has fail written all over it.

Riku-Nara
10-02-2007, 07:08 PM
i just heard about that on my radio station this morining.
........and i'm kinda dumbfounded.
will smith's son....is such a random choice.

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 04:35 PM
lol with jackie chan, why? jackie chan should just back out and go back to making rush hour 4, need to make up for the 3rd one

FattaT
10-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Didn't Jackie Chan recently hurt his back badly or something? and was going to stop making movies... or is he all better?

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
i dunno if he is better or not but i also heard that he had stopped making movies because of it so i dunno what this is about :/

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Didn't Jackie Chan recently hurt his back badly or something? and was going to stop making movies... or is he all better?

he's always hurting himself just look at his film bloopers and stuff lol, he's always fine

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 11:10 PM
aww man i loved the shanghai noon bloopers they were so funny :P. Long time ago and i still remember it