PDA

View Full Version : Occupy EA

bobjaret
02-29-2012, 10:52 AM
as most of you know, EA is holding most of the games you love hostage, in order to scan your computer with their new cloud service Origin. Thought they have changed their ULA to hide the fact that they are scanning your pc every time it starts, little has changed. Join me to raise awareness.

Please visit Occupy EA's facebook page, and like. More information is available there.

Occupy EA | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-EA/190107254401694)

thedeparted
02-29-2012, 06:10 PM
This doesn't sound productive at all.

Samus-Fan
02-29-2012, 07:48 PM
^ Totally agree

Shouldn't be PC gaming anyway lol

bobjaret
02-29-2012, 08:21 PM
how could it not be? do you like the things you do being recorded?

Jayhmmz
02-29-2012, 09:35 PM
how could it not be? do you like the things you do being recorded?

Yes, sex.

But I guess you didn't mean that, specifically.

thedeparted
02-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I meant the whole occupy thing. Nothing is going to change their policy this way. And im sure somewhere in the TOS it mentions it which means lawsuit pretty much effed cause a defense of bu bu didn't see it in the TOS and it being in there will get the lawsuit thrown out faster than ever

Trunks
02-29-2012, 10:44 PM
I honestly don't see the big deal. The cloud is a good thing not bad, it will increase download times and make your information safer. As for the scanning, if they even are at least, it's probably only checking to make sure you have licensed versions of their games. If you're not doing anything wrong, why even worry about it?

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I honestly don't see the big deal. The cloud is a good thing not bad, it will increase download times and make your information safer. As for the scanning, if they even are at least, it's probably only checking to make sure you have licensed versions of their games. If you're not doing anything wrong, why even worry about it?

They have no business collecting data on your personal pc. and no it dosnt just scan to see if the game is installed. you really should do some reading about this. i still cannot link until i have made 10 posts, but use google and check out the FB page.

Trunks
03-01-2012, 02:59 PM
They have no business collecting data on your personal pc. and no it dosnt just scan to see if the game is installed. you really should do some reading about this. i still cannot link until i have made 10 posts, but use google and check out the FB page.

Origin is not spyware. Neither do we use nor install spyware on the PCs of users.

Origin captures limited information that is necessary to allow users to buy, download, and play games and gaming content. The information is also needed for online connections with other players and so that extra content and software updates can be delivered directly. The data is also used to detect the occurrence of smaller software errors to ensure they are repaired immediately.

We do not have access to information such as pictures, documents or personal data, which have nothing to do with the execution of the Origin program on the system of the player, neither will they be collected by us.

All information we collect with Origin and use is to ensure that our customers have the easiest possible access to their games while enjoying the full service and the best gaming experience that EA has to offer.

EA takes the privacy of its users very seriously. We have taken every precaution to protect the personal and anonymous user data collected.

The license agreements of Origin match industry-standard privacy policies, as they are used by many other popular web services. Where necessary, we will of course work together with the relevant Government agencies to ensure that our policies are and remain legally compliant.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Origin-Isn-t-Spyware-Although-It-Does-Scan-Your-Entire-PC-36690.html

I did, they're just checking to see if you purchases the games legally.

thedeparted
03-01-2012, 03:04 PM
get yo tinfoil hats ready

paecmaker
03-01-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/EA-Says-Origin-Isn-t-Spyware-Although-It-Does-Scan-Your-Entire-PC-36690.html

In other words its almost like steam, shell we occupy it also?

I always think its stupid that everyone is tracking down on origin and at the same time praising steam, yes its stupid with two services but apart from issues thats been worked on is origin so bad everyone says it is?

CraeSC111
03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
There's a whole lot of random programs and websites that scan your computer. And a lot of those scans are actually malicious. Welcome to the internet. You're not as anonymous as you think you are

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 05:29 PM
[/URL]

you no read so well....

"...the analysis found that Origin will scan your entire PC and collect certain kinds of data to send data back and forth to EA to check whether serial numbers and product keys match up, whether said keys are up-to-date or whether or not they are legit, as well as activity performed with other software -- apparently for marketing purposes."

Trunks
03-01-2012, 06:20 PM
you no read so well....

"...the analysis found that Origin will scan your entire PC and collect certain kinds of data to send data back and forth to EA to check whether serial numbers and product keys match up, whether said keys are up-to-date or whether or not they are legit, as well as activity performed with other software -- apparently for marketing purposes."

It's still not person information, I honestly don't see the big deal. It's there way of taking piracy into their own hands without the help of SOPA or any other things. If people are not stealing any games or anything then I wouldn't worry about it. If they are, well that's the reason why SOPA came around in the first place.

CraeSC111
03-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I am sure that origin also checks for programs that could be used for cheating as well as scanning for your computers specs to see what kind of hardware is being used. Same as valve does with steam

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 07:37 PM
It's still not person information, I honestly don't see the big deal. It's there way of taking piracy into their own hands without the help of SOPA or any other things. If people are not stealing any games or anything then I wouldn't worry about it. If they are, well that's the reason why SOPA came around in the first place.

thats the thing, it is personal.

its always shocking to me how people are so willing to freely give up their rights. all i was trying to do is raise awareness, and asking for help in supporting those fighting for your right to privacy.

as far as steam goes, there hasnt been anything to suggest that they do anything other than check the version of the game you use, so that it can be updated.

Trunks
03-01-2012, 07:50 PM
thats the thing, it is personal.

its always shocking to me how people are so willing to freely give up their rights. all i was trying to do is raise awareness, and asking for help in supporting those fighting for your right to privacy.

as far as steam goes, there hasnt been anything to suggest that they do anything other than check the version of the game you use, so that it can be updated.

It's personal information for the EA company to know if you have legitamte copies of their games? I would think that only the people that download things illegally are the only ones that are worried about this. They're only doing it to make our gaming experience better. This could help fix client errors that people may acquire in the future and as crae said, it could also stop cheating as well. Most importantly stop pirating, if companies come with their own fixes to stop praters then there will be no need for them to have a bill like SOPA. This is a good thing, like I said before, this could easily stop bills like SOPA. People should get over it and quit complaining that they won't be able to download games illegally anymore.

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
It's personal information for the EA company to know if you have legitamte copies of their games? I would think that only the people that download things illegally are the only ones that are worried about this. They're only doing it to make our gaming experience better. This could help fix client errors that people may acquire in the future and as crae said, it could also stop cheating as well. Most importantly stop pirating, if companies come with their own fixes to stop praters then there will be no need for them to have a bill like SOPA. This is a good thing, like I said before, this could easily stop bills like SOPA. People should get over it and quit complaining that they won't be able to download games illegally anymore.

lol i don't think your listening. they aren't just looking at their games, and they aren't just checking if the copies of their games are legit. they are using the service to collect private data about the programs you use. i wouldn't have a problem with the collecting data if it were to track bugs and such, but thats not the only reason they do it. not to mention there isnt an opt out for that feature. besides where does it stop. before long any application you install will have tracking.

the argument that if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't worry about it retarded. if you fallow that logic, then lets just let them install cameras in our house, or let the gov monitor every action we make. why even have privacy laws in the first place?

im for protecting a companies right to not have their software pirated, but not at the expense of the individuals rights. individual rights should always come first.

Trunks
03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
lol i don't think your listening. they aren't just looking at their games, and they aren't just checking if the copies of their games are legit. they are using the service to collect private data about the programs you use. i wouldn't have a problem with the collecting data if it were to track bugs and such, but thats not the only reason they do it. not to mention there isnt an opt out for that feature. besides where does it stop. before long any application you install will have tracking.

the argument that if you have nothing to hide then you shouldn't worry about it retarded. if you fallow that logic, then lets just let them install cameras in our house, or let the gov monitor every action we make. why even have privacy laws in the first place?

im for protecting a companies right to not have their software pirated, but not at the expense of the individuals rights. individual rights should always come first.

I really don't feel like arguing, you claim that it steals private information from software, yet you probably don't have a clue what software it is or how it even works. Doing a little bit of research on this topic out of boredm I foudnd this:
Yay. Conspiracies. So let's see what Origin really does, shall we?

If you hook process monitor onto Origin you will not see Origin scanning anything, independently of how long you use it. So what triggered the OP's screenshot?

Origin on installation will try to find games installed on your harddrive and automatically register them within Origin. It does that in a couple of different ways:

It reads the windows games registry
It looks for games in Program Files
It looks for games in ProgramData (where, for unknown reason the OP's SMS and tax software are storing the data instead of the user profile where that data should go!)
it reads the xfire config if it finds one for games

If you look at the screenshot closely you will see that it does not actually read any files. Instead it looks for their existence and recursively walks the directory. It does not read any of your files, at least not judging from this screenshot or anything I have found on my machine.

Lastly if you monitor the network traffic that Origin causes you will see that it does not transmit anything of value to EA. So far I have not seen anything bug login credentials being submitted.

But it's always so much more fun to assume that software is inherently evil. You can hook a syscall monitor on any application and you will see that it operates all over the drive. That's not something unique to Origin. Steam will do the same if you click the "add non steam game" button.

//EDIT: something I forgot: I think people should not run any sysinternals tools without a basic understanding of what they do or at least not jump to conclusions. Origin (EA) looks to be scanning your privacy... (http://forum.notebookreview.com/gaming-software-graphics-cards/621156-origin-ea-looks-scanning-your-privacy.html)

Screen shots were also posted. This is the first physical evidence I found about any of it and by the looks of it and from this guys findings it has become clear to me that they only look for the files existence and not the actually taking the information of the file as stated above. This is just one of those conspiracy theories, the same things were stated about steam when it first came out. People later found out that they were blowing everything out of proportion.

And settings cameras up in your house is COMPLETELY different then what origin is doing. But think what you want, I made plenty of valid points that haven't been disproved. Happy interneting

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 11:14 PM
sorry but im going to spam so i can

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 11:15 PM
link some screen

bobjaret
shots of what orign has scanned.

bobjaret
here you go. now i have 10 posts...

bobjaret
03-01-2012, 11:17 PM
http://s7.directupload.net/images/111028/enxmldba.jpg

http://s1.directupload.net/images/111028/fglehhsj.jpg

and no it scans every time the program starts, not just on install. note the size of the scroll bar also.

thedeparted
03-01-2012, 11:58 PM
You should of just posted in other threads to reach 10 posts, now you're just going to pick up a spamming infraction. silly goose

paecmaker
03-02-2012, 02:11 AM
[QUOTE

*massive pictures*

and no it scans every time the program starts, not just on install. note the size of the scroll bar also.[/QUOTE]

It does look through your computer probably in search of games, the list is large but do we know if it actually looks trough the files and just not making sure they are not games and moves on to the next file?

Mizel
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I really don't care that much because I don't use Origin.... But the way I see this is.... You have to sign a ToS in order to use the program. They're argument is going to be, "If you dont like it, don't use our product". Same thing as having a license... it's considered a privilege in which you agree to terms to use. If you don't like it, don't use it I guess. Really, I don't see ANY need for them to scan ANYTHING period. If they wanted to scan something completely retarded, that had nothing to do with them trying to catch pirates (heh), I'd be pissed. They really have no right... until you sign that ToS, that is.

Funny, that Google scans your shiz constantly, so does Facebook.... but no one cares about that. Although, I guess it's not such a big deal because we don't live in a country where they *can* use that stuff against you... but with the recent trend I can imagine that's where things are going. >_<

bobjaret
03-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I really don't care that much because I don't use Origin.... But the way I see this is.... You have to sign a ToS in order to use the program. They're argument is going to be, "If you dont like it, don't use our product". Same thing as having a license... it's considered a privilege in which you agree to terms to use. If you don't like it, don't use it I guess. Really, I don't see ANY need for them to scan ANYTHING period. If they wanted to scan something completely retarded, that had nothing to do with them trying to catch pirates (heh), I'd be pissed. They really have no right... until you sign that ToS, that is.

Funny, that Google scans your shiz constantly, so does Facebook.... but no one cares about that. Although, I guess it's not such a big deal because we don't live in a country where they *can* use that stuff against you... but with the recent trend I can imagine that's where things are going. >_<

agreed. thats a big part of why i am trying to raise people awareness.

It does look through your computer probably in search of games, the list is large but do we know if it actually looks trough the files and just not making sure they are not games and moves on to the next file?

according to their ula they can do both.

Mizel
03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
I do also hate when people use the argument, well if you arent doing anything bad you have nothing to worry about.... not in relation to just this situation (because I really dont know anything about it, I have not researched it, and like I said I dont use Origin). I just mean in general. You're right, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have anything to worry about.... except ya know, lack of privacy?? Thats important to me... The problem is that it's a domino effect.... if people don't care about signing their computer privacy rights away, then really the next step is for them to start putting cameras on you.

bobjaret
03-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I do also hate when people use the argument, well if you arent doing anything bad you have nothing to worry about.... not in relation to just this situation (because I really dont know anything about it, I have not researched it, and like I said I dont use Origin). I just mean in general. You're right, if you aren't doing anything wrong then you have anything to worry about.... except ya know, lack of privacy?? Thats important to me... The problem is that it's a domino effect.... if people don't care about signing their computer privacy rights away, then really the next step is for them to start putting cameras on you.

agreed. not to mention most people assume the law protects them when it comes to ula's. they assume that things like what ea is doing is illegal, but its not yet, unless you don't agree, but no one reads the agreement to see what they are agreeing to.

Mizel
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh, def not illegal at all.... and yea, people dont read that crap. They never have to begin with lol It's how companies have always gotten away with stuff... either that or the fast talking guy on the commercials xD

BobTD
03-02-2012, 01:02 PM

There he goes talking like he knows whats going on.

The sad thing here is that you actually dont know what they are checking. And they can pass this information on to third parties. In the EU they can no longer do this, but not enough people have taken a stance on this in america.

Maybe you dont have anything on your computer that you dont mind sharing with the world, but I do my taxes online, I write ebooks under an alias, I keep personal things on my computer.

Its a big ****ing deal.

Trunks
03-02-2012, 02:10 PM
There he goes talking like he knows whats going on.

The sad thing here is that you actually dont know what they are checking. And they can pass this information on to third parties. In the EU they can no longer do this, but not enough people have taken a stance on this in america.

Maybe you dont have anything on your computer that you dont mind sharing with the world, but I do my taxes online, I write ebooks under an alias, I keep personal things on my computer.

Its a big ****ing deal.

I'm just going off what other people told me, the same thing you are basically. I don't use the program, never did scans with it my self or anything. I did research on it, the people that showed evidence of what the program actually did all said and showed with SS's that it doesn't open all your files and look at them. It just looks at existing files not what is in them. Do you really think EA cares about how much you payed in taxes or what you're writing on your computer? Also do you think they're going to share that information "with the world."

The thing is the Screen shot that the guy posted above is one of the people that are saying the origin isn't stealing personal information or looking into any files. The ironic thing was when he posted that image onto another forum he said this

" something I forgot: I think people should not run any sysinternals tools without a basic understanding of what they do or at least not jump to conclusions. "

and that is exactly what everyone is doing, jumping to conclusions. The person that apparently has a good amount of knowledge on how these type of programs work has said taken a screen shot of his scan and posted his thoughts on the topic, which are above in another post. He basically said it's safe and origin isn't looking into files, just seeing what files you have. So it won't see any text documents or anything like that.

It's funny how he post that image and says that it's basically safe and people use that same image and say "look at all the stuff it's stealing from your computer, they know everything now"

CraeSC111
03-02-2012, 02:25 PM
I think those pictures just help to prove that EA isn't doing anything wrong. All those searches are doing is checking what type of file it is, the source of the file and the author.

bobjaret
03-02-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm just going off what other people told me, the same thing you are basically. I don't use the program, never did scans with it my self or anything. I did research on it, the people that showed evidence of what the program actually did all said and showed with SS's that it doesn't open all your files and look at them. It just looks at existing files not what is in them. Do you really think EA cares about how much you payed in taxes or what you're writing on your computer? Also do you think they're going to share that information "with the world."

The thing is the Screen shot that the guy posted above is one of the people that are saying the origin isn't stealing personal information or looking into any files. The ironic thing was when he posted that image onto another forum he said this

" something I forgot: I think people should not run any sysinternals tools without a basic understanding of what they do or at least not jump to conclusions. "

and that is exactly what everyone is doing, jumping to conclusions. The person that apparently has a good amount of knowledge on how these type of programs work has said taken a screen shot of his scan and posted his thoughts on the topic, which are above in another post. He basically said it's safe and origin isn't looking into files, just seeing what files you have. So it won't see any text documents or anything like that.

It's funny how he post that image and says that it's basically safe and people use that same image and say "look at all the stuff it's stealing from your computer, they know everything now"

this argument is basically saying that is not AS bad. it could be worse! they could be opening everything! thats true, but it dosnt change the fact that the info is getting sent to their server and logged. **** that. they have no business knowing that info.

and lol what happened to "im not going to argue?"

Trunks
03-02-2012, 08:10 PM
this argument is basically saying that is not AS bad. it could be worse! they could be opening everything! thats true, but it dosnt change the fact that the info is getting sent to their server and logged. **** that. they have no business knowing that info.

and lol what happened to "im not going to argue?"

My argument is basically saying that all the people crying about origins don't know all the facts. Besides, that's how EVERYTHING is lol. Almost every program you find takes information from your computer. Google, facebook, everything does.

and lol, not much of an argument when you post screenshots to prove my point. I was making sure people understood that the SS you posted proved that orgins isn't what everyone thinks it is.

bobjaret
03-04-2012, 01:11 AM
My argument is basically saying that all the people crying about origins don't know all the facts. Besides, that's how EVERYTHING is lol. Almost every program you find takes information from your computer. Google, facebook, everything does.

lol you might as well be saying, everyone else is jamming me in the ass, why not let origin?! ****ing stupid argument dude. clearly i care that google and facebook are tracking my personal info but this isnt the focus of this topic.

and lol, not much of an argument when you post screenshots to prove my point. I was making sure people understood that the SS you posted proved that orgins isn't what everyone thinks it is.

clearly you do not see what i see. what i see is origin logging every program i have installed. that info then gets sent to ea. to me that is a violation of my privacy. you may be too stupid/careless to give a ****, but im not.

i dont care that other companies are doing the same thing. one way to combat that, is to raise awareness against one, hopefully eventually get change, then turn to others who are doing it as well. the issue with ea though is its unlike the other offenders. with ea you pay for their product, then they attach separate software that monitors your pc. they literally hold the game hostage in exchange for scanning your comp. not to mention several other products have an opt out. origin does not.

also, people assume the law protects them when it comes to ula's. they assume that things like what ea is doing are illegal, but its not, unless you don't agree, but no one reads the agreement to see what they are agreeing to. not to mention if you dont agree you cant play the games that sometimes you have already paid for.

clearly you dont care, but others, like me do.

Trunks
03-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Lol, you're just saying the same thing over and over again so I feel that this debate is over. You're basically against EVERYTHING on the internet, because just about everything scans your computer. My advice to you is to just don't go on the internet, because companies won't be changing their policy. I'm going to point out again about the SS you posted, since you seemed to ignore it the first time. The screen shot you posted was by someone who was FOR origin. Meaning that in that screen shot is shows that origin doesn't go through any file, just scans the surface. What you see is incorrect, because I'm 100% sure that the guy who downloaded the program to scan origin knows more about it then you do. That screen shot shows MY point not YOURS.

This is going to be my last post commenting on what you say, because you're obviously just blinded.

bobjaret
03-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Lol, you're just saying the same thing over and over again so I feel that this debate is over. You're basically against EVERYTHING on the internet, because just about everything scans your computer. My advice to you is to just don't go on the internet, because companies won't be changing their policy. I'm going to point out again about the SS you posted, since you seemed to ignore it the first time. The screen shot you posted was by someone who was FOR origin. Meaning that in that screen shot is shows that origin doesn't go through any file, just scans the surface. What you see is incorrect, because I'm 100% sure that the guy who downloaded the program to scan origin knows more about it then you do. That screen shot shows MY point not YOURS.

This is going to be my last post commenting on what you say, because you're obviously just blinded.

thanks god, clearly your too stupid to understand my counter points. that's the reason i keep saying the same thing. i at least try to reiterate the same point, instead of saying the exact thing.

see the way a debate goes is you make a point, then someone either makes a counter point, or shows why your point is irrelevant. i have done both. your response was making the same point, therefore i simply did it again.

Trunks
03-04-2012, 01:38 PM
lol clearly, well lets see your counter argument is "That's a ( insert derogatory term here ) stupid argument."

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was unaware of how to debate, I think I get it now though. Odd that it took someone of your greater intelligence for me to comprehend it though. Boy, is my face red.

bobjaret
03-04-2012, 01:48 PM
lol clearly, well lets see your counter argument is "That's a ( insert derogatory term here ) stupid argument."

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I was unaware of how to debate, I think I get it now though. Odd that it took someone of your greater intelligence for me to comprehend it though. Boy, is my face red.

lol, its cool bra.

paecmaker
03-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Do you got any real proof that they actually search through the files(aka look into the files and search for information inside them) and not just looking what kinds of files it is in search for games(to find all games they need to search though lots and lots of files for the right ones).

bobjaret
03-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Do you got any real proof that they actually search through the files(aka look into the files and search for information inside them) and not just looking what kinds of files it is in search for games(to find all games they need to search though lots and lots of files for the right ones).

this will be 3 times ive said this but here we go again...

no it dosnt open each file. but really, is that what it would take for you to feel your privacy has been infringed on? never mind the fact that every file on your pc is logged and the list is sent to ea. as ive said 3 times now, that is enough for me to feel my privacy has been infringed on.

what ea is doing is the equivalent of someone selling you wrist watch that tracks your every move, what you ate for breakfast, what toothbrush you used to brush your teeth, along with when and how often you use it, what furniture is in your house, who made your tv, what shows you watched.. ect

Trunks
03-04-2012, 03:45 PM
this will be 3 times ive said this but here we go again...

no it dosnt open each file. but really, is that what it would take for you to feel your privacy has been infringed on? never mind the fact that every file on your pc is logged and the list is sent to ea. as ive said 3 times now, that is enough for me to feel my privacy has been infringed on.

what ea is doing is the equivalent of someone selling you wrist watch that tracks your every move, what you ate for breakfast, what toothbrush you used to brush your teeth, along with when and how often you use it, what furniture is in your house, who made your tv, what shows you watched.. ect

Actually it would be the equivalent to someone knowing the brand or type of wrist watch you bought. Also it would be what you bought for breakfast not actually ate. That's looking side, and what toothbrush you use to brush your teeth. how many times you use it would also be considered looking inside the file. You got the tv and furniture right though, good job. Though what tv shows you watch could also be considered what's inside. I'm assuming your "ect" is going to be wrong, because you listed so many falsities already, it is a good probability that you would get future examples wrong.

The thing is, stores already track all this stuff! Yes when you buy things and check out it goes through this thing called a computer. A computer is this adavnaced machine that has magical powers, anyway it is capable of keeping track of EVERYTHING. So when you buy stuff, the store knows that it was bought and exactly what you bought. Simliar to EA, it knows what programs you have on your computer. Doesn't know if you use it, but it knows you have it. Just like the store! The whole world is a conspiracy, I think people may know where I work and go to school at too.

Muffincat
03-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Aren't there a lot of games that do this sort of thing already? I remember playing some free-to-play MMOs and them doing file scans to make sure that you weren't modifying them... or is this distinctly different in some way? I haven't researched it much aside from just reading this thread.

As a side note, I can't believe how often I have to say this, but come on, guys. Don't insult each others' intelligence just because you have different views. Disagree and debate without being insulting! :)

CraeSC111
03-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Here's a new view to look at. How else is EA going to find out if your games are legal. Since you can place the game files anywhere they can't just scan one portion of your hard drive. And they can't just scan the game files because that's impossible.

chalerain
06-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered just up, Mom, it really is trouble, really makes me speechless, the new user is not to the fat link, sad,

irritable

thedeparted
06-13-2012, 11:05 AM
Registered just up, Mom, it really is trouble, really makes me speechless, the new user is not to the fat link, sad,

irritable

haha. this spammer makes me rofl

BlackEyedJester
06-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Oh yes, I can safely say I've had a few laughs..

Mizel
06-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Lol Wtf? That certainly was interesting >_< Im just going to start talking like that in real life, just using random strings of words.

Dude bikes coffee farts dong.

TheGateKeeper
06-15-2012, 01:44 PM
It doesn't effect me because I don't have Origin, but what can EA do with your information if they actually do take it? I don't get it. I know Google collects a lot of personal information (even what emails you read) so they can serve you better advertisements, and I don't see people boycotting Google.

Slay
06-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Hello! :D

Major Pirate Here! :D
Anyway, if you have a problem with anything the game developers are doing, don't buy the games.
I agree, they have no right to be rummaging your things about, but truthfully the installers do very little things besides installing.
They DO in fact scan your computer. I had one situation where I installed an EA game, NFSMW, to be exact, and I have a certain file in the install directory that gave the installer a fake key, to download it without my needing to type it in, I still use these by the way. I have noticed with several installers that they are no picking that up, and simply refuse to work properly afterwords. Also, they "scan" the disk directory for the compressed files it needs. And aswell as your specs, room on your computer. But nothing more beyond that. One of many reasons Origin exists is to stop pirating, using a few tactics like the one I said before, it made it nearly impossible for me to get BF3 all because it had the right defense, imagine a wall, without builders, the wall can be climbed over. But with them, the wall can get taller, and defences against intruders, and that's how EA and some other developers are defending themselves against piraters. No scanning is done to steal information, and in fact no information is ever sent to EA when you play singleplayer and have not registered.