PDA

View Full Version : What franchise do you wish was still around?

Scott
10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I think there were quite a few games for the Xbox that were big releases at the time, but never quite made it. Such is the console business. One game I really enjoyed on the Xbox was Deus Ex 2.

lonewolfxix
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
So you didn't really ask the question or go into any detail, also, Deus Ex is still around and was again originally for pc, I can probably name 3 off the top of my head, i used to play it online, wasn't really that great in my opinion.

Franchises I wish were still around...
James Pond, James Pond was a series of games where you played a frog who took the form of famous film characters as you battled through many levels in platform games, it was a great game, the first game was "James Pond : UnderWater Agent" Followed by James Pond: CodeName RoboCod" and then a third game which I didn't get to play called "James Pond: Operation StarFish" which was based around star wars. These games were made in the early 90's by Electronic Arts who back then made a hell of a lot better games than they do nowadays.

Another series EA used to make was also a favourite of mine, particularly the original : Road Rash which you can probably pick up for ?1 on ebay for the playstation where you got to drive across America on motorbikes and it was 8bit sound but it was awesome. I've been playing it since i was 2 which was 14 years ago and it's still amazing today and i still beat my dad at it.

Another Franchise I miss is Alien Breed, loosely based on the Alien movies I guess but I'm not sure, originally released in I think 1990 you played (a rather low graphic) soldier with a machine gun and you were in a spaceship taken over by aliens and you had to battle through them performing different tasks on each level to advance. This game was Re-released in 1992 under "Alien Breed: Special Edition 1992" But I'm not sure what the difference between them was and then Alien Breed II came out, I think they made a third but I never got round to play it and didn't get to play II for long either...

Well, those are some game franchises I wish were still around, all from the days of amiga and 8bit console 32bit pc computing...

Supermoose
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
I wish they would release another Max Payne. They were good games with the ghraphics of the 360 it could be great.

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 01:56 PM
the graphics of the Max Payne series was good enough anyway. It doesn't need 360 graphics :p

Riku-Nara
10-03-2007, 05:29 PM
i miss sly cooper and jak and daxter.

comfortablynumb.
10-03-2007, 06:33 PM
i woodent mind another amplitude game/sequal or maybe another dark cloud game, those were pretty fun

Metallica1983
10-03-2007, 07:06 PM
lets see wut gaming franchise idk maybe Mario superstar baseball i wouldve like to see a sequal to that oh and clay fighter another sequal to that you all should remember clay fighter

lonewolfxix
10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
don't they still make Jak and Daxter games?
Well, not with Jax, or was it Daxter, i have definitely seen one of them coming out recently for some console. Max Payne owned :P

what the hell is Clayfighter? lmao
And mario is the franchise, superstar baseball is just part of it.