10-03-2007, 06:48 PM
What is your favorite program limewire is mine

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 06:50 PM
i Think you mean bearshare

I say neither because p2p clients are full of viruses Limewire being the worst

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
limewire, kazaa, all those p2p ones suck, all full of viruses as jasper said - thats why people's computers crash and they complain about it later

GF Eric
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
I like limewires brother frostwire its better and less viruses plus you can check every file more accurately.

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
i just use utorrent because it is rare to get torrents with viruses and the program itself is totally safe

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
yea jasper - ok now stop talking about torrents, all part of warez and illegal :-P lol

no talking about how to get them - u can discuss softwares

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
lol all i said was i used utorrent which uses torrents instead of the way limewire and all does them which is all illegal too :/

i didnt say how to get them either rofl :p

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 07:59 PM
lol i know, its just a precautionary measure for everybody else - dont worry lol :D

Blackbird
10-03-2007, 08:50 PM
I have to say neither too becuase hate Limewire and the other one

lonewolfxix
10-04-2007, 08:46 AM
bittorrent is popularly used for the distribution of shareware programs as it helps split the load for servers, popular web browsers support bittorrent. It was originally conceived for the sharing of public domain files such as linux distributions, shareware games and other software applications or music if a band so chooses they want to.
Things like limewire are for the sole purpose of downloading illegal content.
and fyi Jasperking, there is a program i believe called FairShare, made by gator or something, it's like itunes except you can upload your own LEGAL music from your own CD's and then people buy the tracks, part of the money goes to you and part to the record label.
please DO NOT talk about the distribution of illegal software etc. This should not be endorsed.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 08:55 AM
lol its just ive searched for FairShare and nothing came up :p. But no one is talking about the distribution's of illegal software.. just the programs that is possible to use

KittyCat72
10-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I used to use Limewire on my old computer so I voted for it. I'm not going to download it on this computer though.

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 12:46 PM
just noticed it was in the wrong board - topic moved to programs and computer applications board

and i didnt see the poll before lol, i voted neither!

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
lol most people voted neither.. i didnt notice it was in the wrong thead either soz :p. But i still say Limewire sucks :)

lonewolfxix
10-05-2007, 07:00 PM
2 choices is hardly enough to think how many p2p systems there are.. here are a few of the most popular.
HTTP transfer (basically when you download from any website)
FTP transfer
Bittorrent
Gnutella (limewire, bearshare, all those spyware and virus ridden programs with paid versions where you can download the paid version for free with free adware, good deal of adware there, folks!)
kazaa (now basically banned everywhere)
WinMX...
renting is technically a form of peer to peer transfer, and lending and swapping and buying from a friend.

FattaT
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
one word... eMule =D

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 08:50 PM
two words not emule XD lol. I Just had to say that soz :)

bronco
10-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Well guys I use limewire.

I have never had a problem with downloading, and it only takes a few seconds to do a virus scan on a file before you open it (regardless of what that file may be)

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
but wouldnt it be much better not to have to scan the file for a virus?

i have a friend that used limewire to download limewire pro which is a paid version lol, why would limewire allow that? lmao :laugh:

Riku-Nara
10-07-2007, 12:59 AM
ysk ysk, illegal downloading is wrong and illegal!:mad1:

jk,jk:laugh:

limewire is what i use.

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 04:48 AM
limewire pro dl's on limewire come with viruses about 80% of the time. plus, paying to download illegal software? that's just retarded. how can they expect to make profit?

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Well you can get free limewire pro but i think it is the same as limewire but they are trying to make money off of it. I noticed no difference when i was over my cousins.. he used limewire alot

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 06:28 AM
you can download more with pro, but what i mean, they want you to pay $10 or whatever to download more illegal content at once... i find that a bit stupid, especially if you get caught

lawyer against: this person used limewire to download movies made for millions of dollars by my client

you: in all fairness, movies are meant to express a point, and anyway, i was using limewire pro so technically i paid for your movie.

judge; you have been filed as guilty under section blahblah of the 1997 copyright protection act and are to be charged $25,000 to pay for reparations of content you have downloaded to the following publishers :- *list of publishers here*
-------
here's one of the latest cases... $9,250 reparations per a song and 24 songs, work it out, thats $222,000 for basically 2 cd's... she was caught using kazaa. Woman in filesharing case won't seek aid (http://money.cnn.com/2007/10/05/news/filesharing_suit.ap/index.htm)

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:58 AM
I never actually knew that someone was caught with kazaa. Although i never used it after it destroyed one of my hdds :) a long time ago

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 10:14 AM
i found the program i thought was called fairshare (so he was probably on about bearshare)

It's called GrooveShark

Get rewarded for sharing your music

Obtain purchasing credit for sharing music with others.
Free, full-length, on-demand streaming

Listen to any song—even if you don't own the track—in its entirety.

Tune in with friends and share

Befriend other music lovers and share your favorite songs.

check out the site here (http://www.grooveshark.com/)

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Are you trying to say that this is a good place? or is it just a random site you found lol

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
i saw an article over at hexus or toms hardware guide or something, totally legit, i was thinking of signing up and upping all my IF CD's.

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 12:18 PM
that trial witht he lady caught in kaaza was on the news a few days ago, sux for her, thats why u shouldnt use any of these programs

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 01:44 PM
just don't get caught sharing copyrighted data while using them... free society my a*s :P

bronco
10-07-2007, 06:26 PM
lol
Well I mean scanning the file isnt so much required. My virus scan is constantly monitering the processes, so even if i go to open it, it will catch the virus

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
lol
Well I mean scanning the file isnt so much required. My virus scan is constantly monitering the processes, so even if i go to open it, it will catch the virus

lol well just dont get caught then u'll end up paying $200k lol

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
most virus scans dont even work properly. Infact all of them dont. They sometimes even make up viruses.. nortan is the worst for that :p. I myself trust myself to get rid of them through either the registry or other places lol

prateek/pwnage
10-17-2007, 03:04 AM
I heard that someone got caught in america or something using Limewire or filesharing program because he was downloading music from one of those programs.

fined like heaps.

SchoolBus
10-17-2007, 03:15 AM
I dont kno any good ones.... i just use LimeWire

Master_Dylmo
10-17-2007, 04:33 AM
limewire coz is wat i use

Draghkarl
10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
limewire coz i dont even know what fairshare is.. is that bearshare.. ive had that and didnt like it..

Wang
10-17-2007, 02:23 PM
its easier for the government to track down the uploaders instead of the downloaders.

one woman got hit with a fine of $9300 per song she uploaded.

anyways i use limewire.

xeysz
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
bittorrent is popularly used for the distribution of shareware programs as it helps split the load for servers, popular web browsers support bittorrent. It was originally conceived for the sharing of public domain files such as linux distributions, shareware games and other software applications or music if a band so chooses they want to.
Things like limewire are for the sole purpose of downloading illegal content.
and fyi Jasperking, there is a program i believe called FairShare, made by gator or something, it's like itunes except you can upload your own LEGAL music from your own CD's and then people buy the tracks, part of the money goes to you and part to the record label.
please DO NOT talk about the distribution of illegal software etc. This should not be endorsed.

The Arctic Monkeys did this to gain popularity (purposely leaked).

Metallica1983
10-20-2007, 09:57 AM
i always will like limewire and no Jasper its called FairShare not BearShare my friend uses it he says its better than limewire i wont provide a link but just google it:twitcy:

Master_Dylmo
10-20-2007, 10:39 AM
limewire ftw!.. idc but i use limewire (idk if i alredy posted but i cbf cheking lol)..

NDM
10-20-2007, 07:31 PM
First of all i dont use any of those cus they are full of viruses! Trojans, worms and such... Altho first off all if you want to dowload music dowloaded them/prouches them from iTunes! Then if you need a movie/game prouches them at/by pay pal or amazon!

prateek/pwnage
10-20-2007, 07:38 PM
First of all i dont use any of those cus they are full of viruses! Trojans, worms and such... Altho first off all if you want to dowload music dowloaded them/prouches them from iTunes! Then if you need a movie/game prouches them at/by pay pal or amazon!

They're not with viruses if you know what to do. Ofcourse you got pick them properly. Cant go picking the wrong things. And besides have firewalls. I think I have got the best one. Has protected me for nearly 1.5 years.

And as for downloading movies from itunes?. its not a free world out there. Download them? of course i aint posting any links here:P

Metallica1983
10-20-2007, 11:31 PM
idk anymore its kinda hard to say which one i like now

LiNuX
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
They're not with viruses if you know what to do. Ofcourse you got pick them properly. Cant go picking the wrong things. And besides have firewalls. I think I have got the best one. Has protected me for nearly 1.5 years.

And as for downloading movies from itunes?. its not a free world out there. Download them? of course i aint posting any links here:P

thank you for not posting links lol :-)

some viruses out there are capable of going through firewalls and some of those tricky ones can be found on these p2p networks :yes:

Metallica1983
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
just don't get caught sharing copyrighted data while using them... free society my a*s :P

LOL nothing is free anymore