PDA

View Full Version : The Orange Box: to get or not to get?

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
As an admitted halo 3 fanboy that has never played a half life game before, I'm definetly interested in this game, but i still can't decide if i would like it or not. I've played plenty of shooter games in my day, but in all honesty Halo and Goldeneye were the only ones that ever kept my interest.

Would you recommend this game to me or not? As a reference point, I've played counterstrike and cod and didn't enjoy either of them. And also, is Team Fortress the only multiplayer aspect of the game or is there any other?

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 07:51 AM
I really want to get "The Orange Box" because it comes with alot of games including Team Fortress, Episode 2 and portals are the ones i really want to get with it.

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh, and i just remembered. I LOVED earth defense force, if that even counts as a shooter.

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 07:53 AM
Totally worth it, great game in HL2 in itself let alone Episode 1 & 2 plus TF2 and Portal, it's a definite buy for anyone who likes Sci-Fi, Shooters, Puzzlers, Multi player and just good games in general.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Im guessing Half Life 2 death match comes with it for the people who dont have it

lonewolfxix
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
If you have no other Half Life games (pre-suming you're buying for PC) The Orange Box is a worthwhile purchase.
The PC version is cheaper and comes with more stuff, mind you need a decent pc. if you already have a game included it might be worth just buying seperate

What you get with orange box:
Half Life 2
Half Life 2 Episode One
Half Life 2 Episode Two
Team Fortress 2 (PC Only)
Portals (definitely on PC)
Half Life 2 DeathMatch (comes with every half life 2 game)
Half Life 2 Lost Coast (Comes with every Half Life 2 game)

If you own HL2 and HL2 ep1 it's probably worth waiting a while until they release ep2 with TF2 and portals as a stand alone game rather than buying the whole collection, if console you might aswell get the box.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Apparently if u already got some of the games you can give it to someone elses steam account

lonewolfxix
10-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Really? can you link me to that? if that's the case I may do that, give my friend hl2 and another friend ep1 and then have ep2, tf2 etc. =D

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 02:16 PM
(pre-suming you're buying for PC).

It sounds like they are talking about the Xbox 360 because they are a "halo fanboy"

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 02:17 PM
hmm.. i think its just Half life 2 and Ep 1 (confirmed) heres link

http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=package&SubId=469

Already own Half-Life 2 or Half-Life 2: Episode One?

Give your extra game as a gift to a friend when you purchase The Orange Box. Learn more here.

lonewolfxix
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
holy shizz! i am sooo getting, reckon leigh would buy them for 7quid? i should have the money for my gpu in 10days time =D and save $5 on pre-order...