PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Soccer kiekko- Java based- Multiplayer online football/soccer game.

Futis
04-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi i am new to this forum but i have come on a mission.
My name on here is obviously Futis and i am looking for 10 or maybe more members from here to join me on this game as begginers and start a team on it.

Soccer.kiekko.tk is a multiplayer soccer game. You need nothing more than a web browser with Java support to play. Each player except goalkeepers is human-controlled; one person controls just one player. The emphasis is on playability and tactics; the graphics are simple 2D allowing you to easily get a general picture of the happenings. Controlling the player is done entirely by mouse.

Instructions

Basics

There are two teams in the game. Players' names are printed above the player. Blue name means a VIP user. Your own player has the name printed in black, or if you're a VIP user, in dark blue.

Goalkeepers are controlled by the computer.
Controls

Your player continuously follows the mouse pointer. The pointer is crosshair shaped on the playfield. Move the pointer where you want to run.

Mouse button functions depend on whether you have the ball under your control or not, as follows:

While controlling the ball:

left button: shoot towards the crosshair
right button: pass the ball to the teammate closest to the crosshair

While not controlling the ball:

hold left+hold right: onetimer; will shoot the ball in the direction of crosshair when it hits you
right button: jump (crosshair close to your player) or slide (crosshair far from your player)

Shooting

Shoot the ball by holding the left mouse button and releasing it when the colored power gauge at the bottom of the screen indicates the desired shot power.

The closer the crosshair is to your player, the higher the ball will fly. The crosshair distance also affects the power of the shot: the closer the crosshair, the faster it will fly. If the crosshair is far from the player, the maximal power will be limited.
Spin

If the mouse pointer moves while you release the left button when shooting, the ball will have a spin depending on the movement speed and direction. In this way the flight path of the ball may curve to left or right. You can also make a backward spin which causes the ball to fall down slower, or a forward spin to achieve the opposite.
Passing

When you press down the right mouse button, the teammate closest to the crosshair is selected as the target. The velocity of the players is taken in account when calculating the ball direction, presuming they stay constant. If you want to cancel doing the pass, click the left button and release both buttons.
Sound effects

You can disable or re-enable sound effects with the "sound" checkbox.
Network latency

The ping indicator tells you how many milliseconds of latency there is between you and the game server.
Rooms

In the first screen you select a "room" and click "Join". If the room requires a password, you have to type it first in the "Pass" box. You can create your own room with the "Create new" button. Choose a title and optionally a password for the room. Select number of players.

Explanations for the checkboxes:

Mute spectators - if this is selected, spectators won't be able to chat. The room administrator may chat in any case.
Join as spectator - if this is selected, you will be a spectator after creating the room
Practise room - there will be just one goalkeeper. You will be able to play without anyone else to practise.

When the room has been selected or created, you can see the players in the room below the "Green team" and "Blue team" titles. When you're ready to play, check the "Ready" checkbox. The game starts when all players are ready. Both teams must have at least one player.

The room admin may press "force start" to set every player ready. The admin can select a player by clicking on a name. After this, the player can be kicked out of the room with the "kick" button. This can also be done during the game by typing /kick and the player name in the chat box. The admin may also make another player the room admin. Only one player (or spectator) can be the room administrator. If the admin leaves the room, a random player will be chosen as the admin.
Registering

You can register your nickname at the Register page. After a succesfull registration you can log on with the name and password you chose. If you start the game now, you are using the registered name. You won't be able to change your name unless you log off first.

Unregistered players can't chat or create their own rooms.

You need Java support in the browser in order to register.
Statistics

There are +/- statistics for registered players. Each member of the team gets one + point for a goal the team scores, and each player of the opposing team get one - point. You can check your points at any point on the "My account" page.

The statistics are only done for goals that happen when there are enough registered players on both teams.
Problems

If the game doesn't appear at all on the "Play" page, make sure that your web browser supports Java and it is enabled.

If you have lag and the players often stop and move in "bursts", check that there aren't any programs using a lot of network bandwith at the same time. A program called Netlimiter has been reported to cause problems even if there aren't any limits in its configuration.
Tips

the game can't be mastered instantly, don't give up
pass
especially for a beginner it may be easier to practise with smaller teams
By clicking the left mouse button you can do a short pass to yourself. In this way you can advance faster than by normal movement while controlling the ball

Abuse

It is suggested that you use appropriate names and conversation. Inappropriate behavior may result in disabled name changing, disabled chat, or complete ban from the game for an ip address, ip range, or domain. Cheating will cause the same consequences. This includes e.g. creating several user accounts in order to add someone's +/- statistics.

If you encounter abusive users, use the /report command to bring them to a moderator's attention, for example typing in the chat box: /report LamerX is scoring own goals.

If you are the room admin, you can kick problematic users from the room any time by typing /kick (player name) in the chat box. You can use /ban (player name) and /unban (player name) to add or remove permanent bans, and /bans to show current bans.

This game is created in Finland so the further away you are from the server the higher ping you will have. You dont want to have high because it affects your gameplay so most USA players that might want to join me in my quest will have to give a little more effort to become good, or atleast decent.

Anyway i hope i can gte 10 or more men from here.

My name on there is Hetfield so just send me a note and we shall be able to practise together.

Post on here or vm or pm me if you want the link of the game because i am unable to post it.

vepanator
04-03-2012, 11:43 AM
HEIHEI, KUULE SUOMI. ME LÄHDETÄÄN AUTOMATKALLE!

Yea but rly, keikko.tk is/was a cool game, you guys should try it! Futarin msg was too long to read this tipsy (and for my dare friends who just are too lasy to read long msgs) , but for those who love icehockey, try kiekko.tk! And for us, soccer loverrrrs, that new version is kwwwel

Futis
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
So would you be interested in started a soccer team with me?

vepanator
04-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Nah, I has to look it up tomorrow if I has time. Perhaps tho...
I rocked the icehockey version of it.