PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5: Gunning down mobs of Africans "subtly racist"

Scott
10-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Link (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=25817098)

Now that is stupid. So they put the game on hold because of this!

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 03:16 PM
hmm i was waiting for biohazard 5 for a while it looks really good but it wasnt coming out till 2009 i think.

I dont think killing Africans is racist because they didnt saying killing white people in the earlier ones was racist :/

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Why do they even make these games? if they are going to be banned... Stupid.

Scott
10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Why do they even make these games? if they are going to be banned... Stupid.

Who is stupid?
I hate all this about banning games now. Playing this isn't going to make me want to kill an african

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 03:23 PM
what you on about StrikeHard i love the biohazard series :(

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
What is wrong with the people who make these games?. Why do they make games that are going to be banned?. What is wrong with making a game for all the family?

Scott
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
If they just make family games then where is the variety?. Also not every teenagers want to play kids games. Not every teenager wants to play pokemon like these crazy people think.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
because horror games rule duh!! why cant u see that lol

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 03:30 PM
But this and Manhunt goes too far.

Scott
10-04-2007, 03:34 PM
But this and Manhunt goes too far.

This doesn't go to far? So you think it is ok to kill Americans and Brits but it isn't right to kill Africans? What is the sense in that? they don't mean to be racist. They just thought it would be a good idea, something different. If you don't like it then don't buy the game!!

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Well i guess Manhunt was abit off it lol which is why it is totally banned because nintendo likes family games. But Biohazard 5 is amazing and defiantly isnt racist. I cant wait for it cause it looks really challenging

btw thats a very good point Scott you get a cookie..

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Have you ever played Resident Evil Strikehard. I don't think you have if your complaining about it been racist. I think if you do play it you'd probably have a heart attack. But I'm sure you could revive your self with pokemon

Razor
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Have you ever played Resident Evil Strikehard. I don't think you have if your complaining about it been racist. I think if you do play it you'd probably have a heart attack. But I'm sure you could revive your self with pokemon

XD

I dont see how this is racist. Its set in Africa therefore there will be black (is that the right word) people in it. If there was just white people in it they would still be complaining.

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Mind there was mostly white people in the last 4 games and now they decide oo lets not be racist and use some black people...and now they are supposedly being racist for using black people in one game. How sad

giga_girl
10-12-2007, 04:48 PM
well, i don't find any problem to this game...this is only a game.huh!!...so sad!! condolence to me...:-(

Gerrit
10-12-2007, 10:37 PM
Lol, i could have told them that that was a crazy idea... anyhow, was a BIG fan of resident evil.

Lets see how this turns out!

Scott
10-13-2007, 01:46 AM
Mind there was mostly white people in the last 4 games and now they decide oo lets not be racist and use some black people...and now they are supposedly being racist for using black people in one game. How sad

Uh, they never made the game not to be racist. It was because they had loads of great ideas like you can only go so long outside before the heat gets to you

Jasperking
10-13-2007, 07:11 AM
lol yeah thats true.. i really want to play this game.. i hope those racist people die because they are the ones being racist and not resident evil

giga_girl
10-13-2007, 09:11 AM
lol yeah thats true.. i really want to play this game.. i hope those racist people die because they are the ones being racist and not resident evil
whatta clever idea..:laugh:....if only i could do something for that game...
hmmm, so sad i could not play this game :-(

Scott
10-13-2007, 09:53 AM
whatta clever idea..:laugh:....if only i could do something for that game...
hmmm, so sad i could not play this game :-(

You'll still get to play it. It just wont be set in Africa

Jasperking
10-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol it will still be set in Africa.. its just being pushed back probably because they are going to add some white people to it :p

Toxic
10-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Lol it will still be set in Africa.. its just being pushed back probably because they are going to add some white people to it :p

Someone will still complain lol

Scott
10-13-2007, 04:11 PM

I don't think that will change anything. It's still set in Africa which is saying that all the Africans have been infected. Even if there is Caucasian people it'll still p*** off the Africans or whoever it is thats complaining.

edward78
06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
the war against "blacks" has been over for a LONG time. get off your high horses and stop complianing already. RELEASE THE GAMES. we dont say much about the increased crimes rates of african american folks do we? they do it to themselves. and use RACISM as a means to justify their crime rates. in my opinion THEY OWN IT. with barack as president they should do something ABOUT it. stop WHINING. i say.

EpsilonX
06-08-2009, 11:35 AM
the war against "blacks" has been over for a LONG time. get off your high horses and stop complianing already. RELEASE THE GAMES. we dont say much about the increased crimes rates of african american folks do we? they do it to themselves. and use RACISM as a means to justify their crime rates. in my opinion THEY OWN IT. with barack as president they should do something ABOUT it. stop WHINING. i say.

ban'd

anyways, this whole debate was like a black person saying he has black pride is respectable, but white people that have white pride is being racist.

so how is this game? i played it for a bit, it wasn't very resident evil like at all to me, but it was decent fun.

projectnate
06-09-2009, 10:57 PM
what? they put it on hold?:mad1:

Exodyus
06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
This topic was so old, I cant believe anyone would resurrect it...

I personally like the game. However, it's ridiculously hard and I don't see how you could ever think that it's not like the typical RE? The way the progression has gone since 3 is pretty much ... the same direction as this one?

Just different story lines?

projectnate
06-09-2009, 11:29 PM
is chris redfield the main character here? i thought he died back in RE 3?
It's just the normal RE series to me.. if you read the Resident Evil book 2 they explained all the evolution of the Viruses including human like zombies that can carry firearms and all haha ~fanatic ^_^:yes: