PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft redstone powered rails question.

I_will_respawn
04-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Ok I figured out that you have to put in a switch and flip it to get the rails to light up in minecraft, but there is a problem.. I want the minecart to transport my character. I jump into the Minecart, and then flip the switch, but the minecart does not go.. Also whenever I have a separation between the redstone powered rails and a wooden track "for making turns and bends etc" I next use a powered rail, but that powered rail has no power. Is anyone here experienced with inecraft enough to help me figure this out? Please.. What do I need to do? I know that in order to get the mine cart to move on it's own I need to put in powered rails every so often, but with no power going to them I can not do this.. I even tried using a redstone wire between the tracks, but nothing worked so far. Please please help!! I want to use the Minecart and tracks as transportation around this huge minecraft world.. hard to do that when you are a noob and don't know how to power the cart.. :-(

egg-whites333
04-07-2012, 08:03 AM
for the turn part try a presser plate rail for corners

CraeSC111
04-08-2012, 03:58 AM
A redstone torch above or below the rail powers it as well. Rails that are unpowered stop the cart. To make rails carry power to other booster rails they must be directly connected. To start a cart using just powered rails the cart has to be on a hill facing down the way you want to go before applying power to the cart

Trunks
04-08-2012, 07:23 PM
I don't think it has to be on a hill, just a block behind the cart. The cart has to be all the way against the block as well.

CraeSC111
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
The track pushes the cart whatever way the car is moving. You could do it on a flat surface but you have to push the cart

Synge
04-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I think Trunks meant to start the cart. With like a button, just put the cart in front of a block and it will move the opposite direction (of the block) when powered.

I_will_respawn
04-10-2012, 12:14 PM
lol I got smarter.. (Sorry this post is going to be long)
Ok I figured this out from searching all over the internet and forums etc.. So I am going to post my discovery on here so that other noobs who will undoubtedly have the same question will hopefully not have to do quite so much searching as I had to.. lol here goes!

I learned first of all that in order to launch the minecart you need these things in this order A block, 2 sections of yellow and red rail, a regular rail set next to another block with a button on it, a plate rail, and the rest can be alternations of yellow and red rails and plates.. The plates do not work on the way up a hill, so if you want to have a steep hill climb, you have got to use redstone torches which will keep the rails powered up constantly.. at the end of the line when you want the minecar to stop, you need to do the exact reverse of the start, "last powered rail, then plate, then regular rail next to block (with or without button, depending on whether you want to launch in the opposite direction from that station..) Otherwise one of 2 things will happen.. if there is a block at the end of the rail the Minecar will hit the block and start in the opposite direction, or if the end of the rail is open the minecar will just go off the tracks.. BTW also On turns you have to either use a redstone torch to power the next track or you can do this (last powered rail before turn, Plate sensor, Regular rail, plate sensor next powered rail.. Another thing.. in general a Powered rail which is lit up will speed up and move along the Minecar in whatever direction it is moving, but a Darkened rail which has no power will slow down the minecar to a stop.. This is another reason why I use the buttons, because they turn on when you push them, but unlike levers they will reset theselves to off after a second or so giving you just enough time to power past the regular rail (which breaks the power on the return path from the plate) and allows you to hit that plate and be on down the line.. Since there will probably be other people who have this question I hope they will find this thread and it will help them out.. Now if I can just figure out how to use a redstone repeater.. I am an electrician and I suspect it is almost like some kind of relay, but I don't know.. To research I go!! Hi ho hi ho!!

BobTD
04-10-2012, 01:19 PM
we had powered mine carts before there was red dust. You can make a square with rails and glitch two box cars to collide and spin around that box indefinatly. Then you rol a cart past that point and pick up its momentum. Really only worked for strait lines and if you stoped half way buy getting out or hitting something you had to walk or creat another set of glitched carts.

CraeSC111
04-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Actually Bob you could create a booster by placing a parallel track that contained a minecart. It was a pretty simple setup but I don't think it works anymore

Feight
04-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Never heard of this game but just looked it up. You guys playing the free version?

CraeSC111
04-10-2012, 04:51 PM
We are playing the payed version. If you like the free version I would definitely suggest looking into buying the full version

I_will_respawn
04-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I have set up a server on the laptop I am playing the game on, but pieces of the world do not load properly because the Laptop is overloaded this way.. I am trying to set up one of my Desktop PC's as a Dedicated server for Bukkit Mineshafter Power to the People.. Minecraft is exactly the same thing.. it is free though.. You can not get on Official minecraft servers with it though.. I have a very tough time finding servers to connect to, So I am creating my own server to play on my Lan with my Brother.. we are building a HUGE minecraft world and we played it yesterday for 7 1/2 Hours.. Then I played the server on the laptop Same laptop for 5 more hours straight.. Minecraft is definately my Game of Choice for a while.. I have lots of games, but none are so addictive.. I guarantee though that if I were to pay for the game I would have even more incentive to play it even more often.. Anytime I pay money for something I want to get the most out of it.. Sadly I don't want to play for several hours, but every tie I start playing I can't stop/Lose track of time.. I take the mind frame of Oh it's getting late.. Just let me finish digging this last part of the Cavern, then I want to finish something else.. It never fails, before I know it it's 3:00am and I am tired, and say one last thing.. again.. then I am up until 8:00am playing.. then go to sleep and get up tired as hell for my class at 6:00PM.. come back home at 9:00PM and start playing this game again.. What a life.. I like virtual life much better than real life.. Real life Sucks a lot more.. But I have this body that needs to sleep, eat, etc.. I just wish I could live in the game know it.. Except for the fact that there are monsters.. on and stupid Sheep and cattle on the Rail road tracks.. The minecar hits them and reverses Direction GRRR... XD lol went hunting after that.. lol good ol bow and arrow.. Case and Point.. I am severely addicted to this game!!!

CraeSC111
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
Except the "free" full version is illegal...

I_will_respawn
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Except the "free" full version is illegal...

2 things about that.. 1 it is obviously either not illegal or the Mojang people who made it don't care, and 2 those people who choose to play the game for free can do whatever they want.. I suppose their line of thinking is something to the effect of Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.. Myself I have bother versions and 2 accounts.. I bought the game and then downloaded mineshafter to see if there was any difference between the two.. "There is not any that I can find". When are you people going to learn that unless the owner has a complaint and files a complaint and cares that people are copying, there is no point in stating the obvious.. The Copyright owner needs to be the one to speak up.. If they don't care you should not either.. That's my personal opinion.. :laugh1:

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

or are you just erked because you bought the game and then found out you could have gotten it for free.. oops sounds like someones jealous.. but yes I have 2 versions of minecraft.. one is official, one is not.. I don't really care that I payed for something I could have gotten for free, because I considered it a donation to Mojang so that they will keep the game up to date, that also gives me the right to be able to download as many copies of any version of that same game as I want >:D

ROFLBRYCE
04-30-2012, 11:21 PM
2 things about that.. 1 it is obviously either not illegal or the Mojang people who made it don't care, and 2 those people who choose to play the game for free can do whatever they want.. I suppose their line of thinking is something to the effect of Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free.. Myself I have bother versions and 2 accounts.. I bought the game and then downloaded mineshafter to see if there was any difference between the two.. "There is not any that I can find". When are you people going to learn that unless the owner has a complaint and files a complaint and cares that people are copying, there is no point in stating the obvious.. The Copyright owner needs to be the one to speak up.. If they don't care you should not either.. That's my personal opinion.. :laugh1:

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

or are you just erked because you bought the game and then found out you could have gotten it for free.. oops sounds like someones jealous.. but yes I have 2 versions of minecraft.. one is official, one is not.. I don't really care that I payed for something I could have gotten for free, because I considered it a donation to Mojang so that they will keep the game up to date, that also gives me the right to be able to download as many copies of any version of that same game as I want >:D

It's not that anyone is "jealous" of you for having a pirated version of a game. It's frowned upon in this forum. It's pretty openly known that you can get it, and not get caught, but it's still wrong and we don't encourage it. It's like taking a dollar from your grandma's purse every time you visit, knowing you could get away with it. It's possible, it benefits you, it's still wrong to do. That being said, if you're gonna download, download away. Don't advertise it or brag about it though, it doesn't make you any better than the rest of us and may land you in trouble with the forum's authority figures.

egg-whites333
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I guarantee though that if I were to pay for the game if I were to pay for the game umm i thought you did buy it sorry to tell you but people like you don't make it very long here

CraeSC111
05-01-2012, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the analogy Bryce I couldn't think of one all day. But anyway I'm not jealous that I didn't get the game for free. I think it was only $10 or so when I bought it anyway. Just pointing out it'd illegal to use, even if mojang hasn't said anything about it