PDA

View Full Version : The PGR4 Reviews (so far)

Scott
10-04-2007, 04:15 PM
OXM UK -- 10
EDGE -- 9
Eurogamer -- 9
IGN UK -- 9.1

While more reviews roll in,you can read this nice interview with those oh=so Bizarre dudes:

Link (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=84419)

Gametrailers (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25840.html)

Well reviews are giving scores that i expected and hoped for so that is good. So I will be buying it on the day it's released

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 04:20 PM
Sounds good. Anyone know what the soundtrack contains?

Scott
10-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Sounds good. Anyone know what the soundtrack contains?

* 120 Days - Come Out Come Down Fade Out Be Gone
* Auto Aggression - The Sky Is Not Yours
* Beethoven - Symphony No. 5
* Bloc Party - Prayer
* Blue Scholars - Sagaba (Remix)
* Chick Corea Elektric Band - Check Blast
* !!! - Heart of Hearts
* Covenant - The Men
* Crystal Method - Keep Hope Alive (There Is Hope Mix)
* Disturbed - Stricken
* E Da Boss - Go Left
* Edge of Dawn - Elegance
* Flesh Field - Forgotten Trauma
* Goldfrapp - Lovely 2 C U (T. Raumschmiere Remix)
* Goose - Black Gloves
* Grieg - In the Hall of the Mountain King
* Grits - Bobbin' Bouncin'
* Hot Chip - Over And Over
* Hummel - Rondo in E Flat
* Incubus - Light Grenades
* Insekt - Isolated
* Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby
* Karl Denson's Tiny Universe - The Bridge
* Kittie - Funeral for Yesterday
* Lady Sovereign - Blah Blah
* LCD Soundsystem - Watch the Tapes
* Lily Allen - Take What You Take
* Liszt - Hungarian Waltz No. 2
* Lupe Fiasco - The Instrumental
* Maximo Park - Our Velocity
* Mendelssohn - Violin Concerto in E Minor
* Metro - Mr Fruity
* Mind.In.A.Box. - Identity
* Mozart - Eine Kleine Nachtmusic
* Mozart - Sonata - alla Turca
* My Chemical Romance - House of Wolves
* Natacha Atlas - Bathaddak
* Ojos De Brujo - Color
* Ojos De Brujo - Todo Tiende
* Pride and Fall - Border (Club Edit)
* Priestess - Everything That You Are
* Prophet Omega - Hit the Deck
* RImsky Korsakov - Flight of the Bumblebee
* Rotersand - DTL
* Russell Gunn - East St. Louis
* Saliva - King of the Stereo
* Seabound - Scorch the Ground (Rotersand Mix)
* Soma Rasa - One Hand High
* Squarepusher - Exciton
* The Pinker Tones - In Pea We Nuts
* The Roots - Here I Come
* The Shins - Australia
* TV On the Radio - Wolf Like Me
* Wagner - The Ride of the Valkyries
* Wolfmother - Dimension
* Zeke - Ride to Live
* Zuco103 - Garganteiro

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 04:24 PM
is the graphics the same?

Scott
10-04-2007, 04:27 PM
is the graphics the same?

IGN UK's review said the environments look alot better and pop-up and jaggies have been smoothed out.

So it looks better but not by a big leap.

Supermoose
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
I think this will be the first PGR title that I skip. I guess I'm spoiled now by Forza 2....not that it's a better game because what is "better" is subjective. I just prefer the more sim like physics. I'll rent it though for the eye candy.

Scott
10-04-2007, 04:32 PM
I think this will be the first PGR title that I skip. I guess I'm spoiled now by Forza 2....not that it's a better game because what is "better" is subjective. I just prefer the more sim like physics. I'll rent it though for the eye candy.

You should reconsider. This is easily the best PGR ever made, and there is a review of PGR4, I believe by worth playing, that says that they didnt think after Forza2, there could be another racer that captivates them as much as forza2 this year, and by their suprise, PGR4 does what forza2 did, but on another level. they then say, PGR4 is a funner racer than forza2, let alone better looking. Surely you are tired of the same boring 16 tracks in forza by now.

I like forza2 also, but PGR4 has much better graphics, weather effects, motorcyles, and a better sense of speed with still, solid handling.

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I got a loaner from a friend of mine.

And I have to say: So far, I don't like it.

Yeah, yeah, I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying that.

Since you guys are comparing this to Forza 2, I'd have to say I like Forza 2 a lot better because I could just pick up and play Forza on easy mode and be able to learn the game at a slow speed.

This game doesn't offer that. In fact, it doesn't even give you a chance to re-race the races you screwed up on. If you pass the finish line, there is NO going back. Sure, you can restart a race on-track. But, once you finish the race, that's it. No going back to try to get first place. There also is no option to scrap your career and start over again. That's unforgivable. I don't know how this game is getting such high reviews.

Also, for some reason, no matter WHAT car you choose, you can't catch up to the guy in the lead. I tried 3 different races at the easy level and I couldn't catch up to the lead guy. Now, before you call me a n00b and tell me I suck, etc., I AM experienced with racing games and am pretty good at them. This one throws me, even at the easy level. The cars are sluggish and unresponsive to me.

Again, I don't know how this game is getting such high scores. Like All Pro Football 2k8's high scores from magazines, online sites, and people in general, it just baffles me.

I'll try it out more later on today and see if it somehow catches me like PGR3 did.

Scott
10-04-2007, 04:47 PM

Since you guys are comparing this to Forza 2, I'd have to say I like Forza 2 a lot better because I could just pick up and play Forza on easy mode and be able to learn the game at a slow speed.

This game doesn't offer that. In fact, it doesn't even give you a chance to re-race the races you screwed up on. If you pass the finish line, there is NO going back. Sure, you can restart a race on-track. But, once you finish the race, that's it. No going back to try to get first place. There also is no option to scrap your career and start over again. That's unforgivable. I don't know how this game is getting such high reviews.

Also, for some reason, no matter WHAT car you choose, you can't catch up to the guy in the lead. I tried 3 different races at the easy level and I couldn't catch up to the lead guy. Now, before you call me a n00b and tell me I suck, etc., I AM experienced with racing games and am pretty good at them. This one throws me, even at the easy level. The cars are sluggish and unresponsive to me.

Again, I don't know how this game is getting such high scores. Like All Pro Football 2k8's high scores from magazines, online sites, and people in general, it just baffles me.

I'll try it out more later on today and see if it somehow catches me like PGR3 did.
You must suck then lol

StrikeHard
10-04-2007, 04:50 PM
You must suck then lol

I knew someone was gonna say that --- even though I said not to bother. I don't know how you catch the lead guy --- especially when he's on a Motorcycle. I tried over and over again and couldn't catch up. The best I could do was 2nd place. I'm not new to Racing Games OR PGR.

wifi
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
u go faster to catch up lol and this game is getting some great reviews wow lol and oxm uk gave it a 10 lol, is that out of 10? thats pretty cool :P

Supermoose
10-12-2007, 11:43 PM
I tried it in game. Its a good game the weather is great but the motorbikes are overpowered

Toxic
10-13-2007, 12:35 AM

All the game reviewers are saying that the way the carrer is sucks. But the game is supposed to still be good.

Scott
10-13-2007, 01:48 AM
All the game reviewers are saying that the way the carrer is sucks. But the game is supposed to still be good.

Yeah how it's seasons now. I think it's to make it more realistic.