PDA

View Full Version : Avengers, Spiderman, Batman

EpsilonX
05-20-2012, 07:26 PM
So, we all saw how much the avengers killed the box office. Do you think either The Amazing Spider-man or The Dark Knight Rises will be able to compete? Do you think the movies will be good?

I have high hopes for TDKR but I'm not quite sure honestly. Spiderman looks cool but it looks a bit more down to earth than either the avengers or the dark knight...so not as much hype and expectations.

BlackEyedJester
05-20-2012, 07:31 PM
I believe that TDKR will be amazing. It will smash the Avengers, and Spiderman... well... He could just web everyone in the eyes with they don't like it...

Jayhmmz
05-20-2012, 07:35 PM
TDKR will have to be totally mind-blowing to beat Avengers, because Avengers is a movie that is still profiting off people going back to see it a second time, and in some cases a first time, and I know plenty of people who have gone to see it more than once. It was just that good.

I hope TDKR is just as good, if not better, because I've been waiting for this for so long!

thedeparted
05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Spider Man- im not sure on quality, but will prob do 200ish domestic
The Dark Knight Rises- will be amazing, will do great numbers but lack of 3D tax wont get it to surpass Avengers numbers. It will do north of 400 though. Which is still a very nice number, especially with no 3D tax

EpsilonX
05-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm going to see Avengers for the first time on wednesday. But i haven't seen a movie where this many people go back to see it again...

Jayhmmz
05-20-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm going to see Avengers for the first time on wednesday. But i haven't seen a movie where this many people go back to see it again...

It has everything you could ever want from a superhero movie... and then some. It's just perfection, it really is.

EpsilonX
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
It has everything you could ever want from a superhero movie... and then some. It's just perfection, it really is.

Nice. Right now, Ironman is my favorite comic book movie...it doesn't have much competition though....ironman 2, spiderman, spiderman 2, and the nolan batmans

xLykos
05-21-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm freaking pumped for The Amazing Spider Man but I don't think it will be anywhere near what The Avengers was able to do in the box office. And knowing Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight Rises will be a mind blowing end to the only good Batman movies so it should come pretty close after how many people liked The Dark Knight. Can't wait to see both of them.

LemonRising
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
I don't think either will do quite as well as the Avengers, it just... blew minds n whatnot. The Amazing Spiderman is what I'm really looking forward to next but I don't have too high hopes for it. TDKR is something that I'm not particularly looking forward to. I only like TDK because of the Joker, and I really can't see myself liking Anne Hathaway as Catwoman as much as I like the original character.

mark79
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I didn't see Avengers. The only one I'm stoked for is The Dark Knight Rises.

FearTheSpork
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
I went to see the Avengers twice, I'll admit it. I was tempted for a third time as well because it was just fabulous. Although I think TDKR will do very well at the Box Office. It might not surpass the Avengers but I think it'll be on par with it definitely. As for Spiderman... Eh. I was never really a hardcore Spiderman fan, and the trailer wasn't all that. It'll do well enough with people curious to see Toby Maguire's replacement, but I doubt it will stand up to The Avengers and TDKR.

DJ@NTG
07-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I think TDKR will be at the top of the list of the best selling movies of 2012. The buzz surrounding it is enormous due to the success of the last one. I'm not too excited for Spiderman though. The 3rd one was awful so I don't really have any expectations for this one.

thedeparted
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
well Avengers just hit 600 million domestic, and close to 1.5 billion ww. thats certainly going to be a tall feat for it to reach. only 2 other movies are ahead of it, Titantic and Avatar, also dont forget TDKR has no 3D which means it'll have to sell a butt load more tickets. personally i think its unpossible just on that, maybe if it was 3d as well it'd have a fighting chance.

egg-whites333
07-02-2012, 03:53 PM
the thing the avenge had going for them is more then one super hero

DJ@NTG
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
well Avengers just hit 600 million domestic, and close to 1.5 billion ww. thats certainly going to be a tall feat for it to reach. only 2 other movies are ahead of it, Titantic and Avatar, also dont forget TDKR has no 3D which means it'll have to sell a butt load more tickets. personally i think its unpossible just on that, maybe if it was 3d as well it'd have a fighting chance.

Yea that's a good point on the 3D. That will probably play a big part in overall sales.

thedeparted
07-02-2012, 11:07 PM
52% of Avengers opening 207 million was from 3D tickets

Can The Dark Knight Rises break The Avengers opening weekend record? (http://www.hitfix.com/articles/can-the-dark-knight-rises-break-the-avengers-opening-weekend-record)

without 3D it would of still did very good, but just barely broke the record or came short instead of crushing it

EpsilonX
07-03-2012, 01:02 AM
I don't understand how Avatar did so well....though, I think Avengers would have beat it if some people weren't like "I haven't seen captain america or thor so i can't see avengers" At the time I had only seen Ironman 1&2 and avengers made sense and was extremely enjoyable to me.

Dark Knight Rises won't top it. I don't think it'll top The Dark Knight, but it will still do great. Spiderman will probably do good too, but nothing extraordinary. Definitely come in last place out of the 3

Mizel
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
TDKR is going to do amazingly. There's no question about that.... I think it will come very close to, if not beat The Avengers because The Avengers movie just sort of hyped up the superhero thing. I'm really excited to see TDKR because it's got Bane, but that doesn't mean they won't eff up his character or the story, so we'll see. I'm already apprehensive because of Anne Hathaway.... and if casting her wasn't bad enough, them releasing pics of her retarded arse looking costume made it worse lol But I'm still expecting awesomesauce. I could care less about the Spiderman movie because, well, I hate Spiderman lol However, since the last 3 Spidey movies all sucked a big one, and I am excited for this one because it should redeem the Spiderman movie name. It really helps that it seems like they picked a good cast for this one too.

EpsilonX
07-03-2012, 03:18 PM
I just got advance tickets for the midnight premier of The Dark Knight Rises, and i'm going to see Spiderman next week....i'll post my thoughts on both here

Th3-devils-princess
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM
The Avengers was amazing loved it

i think that The Dark Knight Rises will top it though because its meant to be the last batman movie they make which sucks

i dont think spiderman will top it though i do think i will be good :)

EpsilonX
07-12-2012, 12:50 AM
I was absolutely blown away by Spiderman. Everybody needs to go see it now! I don't think i'll ever have a need to see the sam raimi trilogy again.

thedeparted
07-12-2012, 02:24 AM
after 8 days amazing spider man is at 153.2, avengers was at 299.2

Th3-devils-princess
07-12-2012, 04:43 AM
going to see batman the day after it comes out cant wait :D

Mizel
07-12-2012, 07:56 AM
Well crap, now I don't know who to believe. Half the people that saw Spiderman liked it.... the other half said it was nothing uber amazing and is overrated. Guess that'll be a downloaded movie :P

EpsilonX
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Well crap, now I don't know who to believe. Half the people that saw Spiderman liked it.... the other half said it was nothing uber amazing and is overrated. Guess that'll be a downloaded movie :P

The people who didn't like it are big fans of the original trilogy. They say that it was completely unnecessary to reboot the franchise and that the originals were better anyways. I personally didn't care for the original trilogy, and I liked the new take on the series a lot.

Mizel
07-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Lol I dunno about that. I've literally never heard one single person ever say the 2nd or 3rd movies from the trilogy were any good :P

EpsilonX
07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Lol I dunno about that. I've literally never heard one single person ever say the 2nd or 3rd movies from the trilogy were any good :P

Fo rizzle? For the longest time, I kept hearing about how Spiderman 2 was the best comic book movie ever made (that was before dark knight and all these marvel avengers movies though) and still, people are saying that 2 is the best spiderman movie. Everyone says 3 sucks though.

Mizel
07-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Really?? Damn lol I've ever heard people complain. Although, most comic book nerds always complain about comic book movies because they're never exactly like the comcis, so I've just come to expect that :P

EpsilonX
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/board/?p=1

so much complain

Mizel
07-13-2012, 12:20 PM
"I had to take my sons and leave. I don't want them to think that a hero should dress in what would be befitting for a pride festival ! "

Oh my god. Hysterical. SO much lol Cant stop.

EpsilonX
07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
"I had to take my sons and leave. I don't want them to think that a hero should dress in what would be befitting for a pride festival ! "

Oh my god. Hysterical. SO much lol Cant stop.

Yea, the internet is full of stupid. I hate the people that say it was a completely unnecessary remake, seeing as I thought the original trilogy was kind of dumb, but the new one was awesome

EpsilonX
07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
So, I saw TDKR last night and honestly I have to say i'm a little disappointed. I don't like the way the plot unfolded or how Bane was utilized.

Mizel
07-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Nolans good for explosions and actions. Not story writing :P

EpsilonX
07-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Nolans good for explosions and actions. Not story writing :P

idk, i thought The Dark Knight was incredibly well-written, I just didn't care for the writing this time around. I haven't seen any of his other movies though

thedeparted
07-21-2012, 10:32 AM
UPDATE: BOX OFFICE: Friday Number Lower Than Expected For TDKR; Heading To $170M Weekend In US?
(http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=64269)

170 mill predicted weekend

Also quick update compare on Spidy and Avengers

Spidy 17th day came on a Thursday and 3.4 bring its domestic total to 217.7

Avengers 17th day came on a Sunday brought in 16.8 and was at 457.6, its following Thursday which was its 21st day brought in 4.4 million. It kinda lol, Spidy will need this weekend just to get past what Avengers did in 4 days

Also, TDKR if it gets 170, would of had teh #1 BO weekend if it had a 3D tax. I think it'll be funny once 4D arrives next year or with its 8 dollar surcharge, how it'll effect things

thedeparted
07-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Im really unsure how i feel about the ending of this movie, seeing spoiler is broke. i wont go into full detail but people that have seen it will know what im talking bout. If you're going to do that commit to that plot point. Dont do it then 5 min later undo it for whatever reason. That ruins the emotion of the previous sequence.

EpsilonX
07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Im really unsure how i feel about the ending of this movie, seeing spoiler is broke. i wont go into full detail but people that have seen it will know what im talking bout. If you're going to do that commit to that plot point. Dont do it then 5 min later undo it for whatever reason. That ruins the emotion of the previous sequence.

Idk, I see what you're saying, but I feel like it worked the way they did it.

thedeparted
07-22-2012, 03:19 PM
I read a think estimate is down to 163, i think shooting might of cut some of potential for this weekend.

EpsilonX
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
I didn't think that it would make more money than avengers or dark knight..

thedeparted
07-22-2012, 05:41 PM
boxofficemojo predicted 214 on the 18th damn

Yasdnil
07-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Seriously cannot wait to see the new Batman film. No way can Spiderman complete with this!

Mizel
07-23-2012, 07:50 AM
TDKR was absolutely phenomenal. I have absolutely no bif's with this movie whatsoever. Anne Hathaway played Catwoman so much better then I thought was ever possible from her. The fact that they brought Talia al Ghul into the story was *awesome*. By doing so they left themselves open to a whole new story arc for more movies to come (even thought that story arc is a bit.... well, to be blunt- fkn retarded LOL But still!). The one single thing I did not like about this movie was Bane's voice. His whole badarse persona was completely ruined for me every single time he spoke. He sounded like a 75 year old crippled dying man. Why they did not use someone different for his voice will forever boggle my mind.

Also, Jak... when we were talking about the ending (I wont give anything away)... but they actually followed the comics with that. Stupid, yes. But comics pull that shiz all the time lol

thedeparted
07-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I dont read comics, so I dont know that. Hate it though! Also i love Tom Hardy's performance. At yas. well yeah :P Spidy is looking at peaking at 250-275. tkdr will be there after weekend 2

Mizel
07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Yea, it's dumb lol Tom Hardy was awesome, but using his voice was just bad >_<

thedeparted
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I didnt have any problems with that. Just the non commit ending

Th3-devils-princess
07-24-2012, 12:31 PM
loved TDKR was amazing i loved it felt a little out of place as there was only like 5 girls there but mehh i dont care hehe

i would also just like to say my preys and thoughts are with all the families who lost people and the people injured in the premier of TDKR shooting in Aurora, Colorado US

EpsilonX
07-24-2012, 09:38 PM
See, I thought it was really hard to believe that Bane actually managed to pull off his plot, and that the characters weren't as well written as in the dark knight. Also, a lot of TDKR felt like setup, whereas in TDK, from the get go there's always something interesting going on in the movie. I thought Bane's voice sounded cool when you could understand him. Wasn't too big a fan of Catwoman...I also really liked Harvey Dent in TDK, but in TDKR John Blake was my favorite character so I guess that made up for it

thedeparted
07-25-2012, 10:32 AM
after 4 reported days,

avengers 226.3 (first monday did 18.9 btw, tkdr did 19.4)
tdkr 180.3
spidy 95.4

Mizel
07-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow. Im surprised TDKR didnt come a little closer to The Avengers.

EDIT: Does that anything to do with the fact that The Avengers was 3D, and cost way more per ticket?

thedeparted
07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow. Im surprised TDKR didnt come a little closer to The Avengers.

EDIT: Does that anything to do with the fact that The Avengers was 3D, and cost way more per ticket?

avengers would of done around 170 from what i gather first weekend if it was 2D only, also 2nd weekend avengers did 103 million which killed 2nd weekend record, so unless TKDR has a fantastic weekend it'll lose some ground again

Mizel
07-25-2012, 10:57 AM
But Avengers would do more in sales if the tickets cost more because of the 3D thing?

thedeparted
07-25-2012, 11:00 AM
But Avengers would do more in sales if the tickets cost more because of the 3D thing?

Avengers first weekend ticket sales were 52% 3D, thats min 3 dollar 3D tax on each ticket and well i dont know how high some theaters charge but i recall some people having to pay like 25-30 bucks for 3D imax, So in essence if TKDR was in 3D it might of beaten Avengers or at the very least came within a few million

Mizel
07-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Are you fkn kidding me?? lol I would NEVER pay that for a movie ticket >_<

thedeparted
07-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Are you fkn kidding me?? lol I would NEVER pay that for a movie ticket >_<

yeah that was for avatar, dunno the highs for avengers was. but yeah i agree. i cringe at having to pay 9 bucks for 2D release. And they wonder why i sneak food in! its like 20 bucks a person to watch a movie these days. you gotta take out a 2nd mortgage and blow a dude in the alley just to get 2 hours entertainment. world gone wrong. we need to go back to affordable theaters

Mizel
07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
lolol That was great. But yea really, it's beyond ridiculous.

EpsilonX
07-26-2012, 05:17 PM
So, of the three movies, which one did you think was the best?

Mizel
07-27-2012, 08:05 AM
That's a hard decision because they are fantastic movies. Nolan did such a great job and has set the standards for any Batman movie for years to come. Honestly, I kind of feel like Nolan was getting into the Batman thing with 1 and 2 and finally got comfortable with 3. They are all good, but being a comic book fan I absolutely loved how he brought Talia al Ghul and Bane into the last movie because he's just opened the door for so more many more new Batman movies, like Nightwing and Robin.

Another thing about Nolan I love is that he takes the comic book stories and adjusts them just ever so slightly to fit into the movies instead of completely changing the whole story. Like how Harvey Dent has his face burned in the fire in the movie but the real story is he was burnt by acid. Too many directors try to change too much and end up ruining the whole movie.

thedeparted
07-27-2012, 08:55 AM
have not seen spidy.but seen avengers and batman and well they are so close in awesome it really doesnt matter what i list better. basically 1a/1b

thedeparted
07-29-2012, 12:51 PM
tdkr 2nd weekend estimate is in 64.07

(10 day) *tdkr 10th day is a estimate. so 10 day will change up or down a few mill
TDKR - 289.08
Spidy- 165.87
Avengers- 373.07

Mizel
07-30-2012, 08:09 AM
I saw it again this weekend. Bane in IMAX..... Yummy.

EpsilonX
07-30-2012, 12:48 PM
As much as I loved Spiderman, i'm going to have to give Avengers the upper hand. The Dark Knight was great, but there was so much I felt was wrong about the movie...my ranking goes Avengers > Spiderman > Dark Knight

Trunks
07-31-2012, 11:03 PM
I watched spiderman and the dark knight rises today. Watch spiderman first, then the dark knight rises and after watching TDKR I basically forgot all about spiderman lol. The only thing that was kind of annoying was that it never really said why bane was doing all of this until near the end. The whole movie I was thinking "wtf is this gonna do for him." Other than that it was pretty awesome, I thought banes voice was perfect too btw.

Hard to say if I like it better than the avengers or not, the avengers was amazing, so many good actors together in it, I think that one takes the cake. Close behind would be TDKR and then farther down the list the amazing spiderman.

Spiderman was good would I watched it, I was into it, but watching TDKR right after made it seem not as good lol.