PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft: What Would You Rather Have?

Jayhmmz
05-23-2012, 12:03 PM
I had a debate with some friends last night, and it's something that you may all be interested in getting involved in, within the forum. So here's the question...

Out of the following three, which one would you rather have?

Another World of Warcraft expansion
World of Warcraft 2
Warcraft 4

I know which one I'd rather have, and that's Warcraft 4. It's been ignored for far too long, and I think that seeing as Diablo III got going, eventually, they should revisit the roots of World of Warcraft, and get another Warcraft RTS out. Because, let's face it, it is one of the most iconic RTS franchises of all time. I miss it.

So, what do you think? Fire away!

BlackEyedJester
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Well, I don't really play WoW so that rules the expansion out.
I'm a huge fan of of Warcraft (and RTS's in general)
And well. I don't think World of Warcraft will ever have a sequel, it's going to keep growing with expansions.

SO I guess... Warcraft 4

Jayhmmz
05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I don't think World of Warcraft will ever have a sequel, it's going to keep growing with expansions.

I think they're scared that it would tarnish the reputation of WoW if they made WoW2 and it fell on it's arse. They need to grow some balls and freshen that particular franchise up! But yeah, Warcraft 4 all the way!

BlackEyedJester
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
I think what they are doing is, keeping their community together, like, if they make a WoW2 the people that play it will be split, some will have The original, and others will have WoW2

Basically, What I'm trying to say is, what I think they are going to do is, next year they will release a WoW Bundle pack, will all of the Expansions and original game in one, they discontinue the original stand alone. And that is what they will continue doing. It will all still be World of Warcraft. without tarnishing it's reputation and making it confusing for new players.

ROFLBRYCE
05-23-2012, 07:53 PM
I almost wish they would make WoW2. It's getting tough with all of the expansions, they can't keep a growing player base that much longer once the level cap is like level 115. Sure, there's a ton of content, but I would never have started WoW if it was that high. WoW2 can bring new graphics, new life, and restart the whole franchise as a whole before it gets out of hand and they throw themselves in the gutter. Kinda like what Guild Wars 2 is, as I see it.

Out of those though, as tempting as WoW2 sounds, I'd be hoping for Warcraft 4. It'd be tougher to impliment, but maybe if it led as a story filler between WoW and WoW2, it would work out. It'd still work out either way, as Blizzard is amazing, but then it could appease everybody.

Jayhmmz
05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
I think what they are doing is, keeping their community together, like, if they make a WoW2 the people that play it will be split, some will have The original, and others will have WoW2

Basically, What I'm trying to say is, what I think they are going to do is, next year they will release a WoW Bundle pack, will all of the Expansions and original game in one, they discontinue the original stand alone. And that is what they will continue doing. It will all still be World of Warcraft. without tarnishing it's reputation and making it confusing for new players.

Makes sense I suppose. Kind of clever I guess. The time has come for Warcraft 4 though, ha! It depends what happens with this Project Titan they have in the works atm...

Exentenzed
05-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I think there would be a big problem with making another warcraft RTS, as they could not continue the warcraft saga (Beacuse of World of Warcraft currently doing that) and so they would have to go back in time instead... And i just don't see that happening, but OH god yes, a warcraft 4 would be satisfying to play. :)

Jayhmmz
05-24-2012, 01:22 PM
I think there would be a big problem with making another warcraft RTS, as they could not continue the warcraft saga (Beacuse of World of Warcraft currently doing that) and so they would have to go back in time instead... And i just don't see that happening, but OH god yes, a warcraft 4 would be satisfying to play. :)

You have a good point, but it would be no different from making an expansion for WoW I guess, in regards to the story. To be honest, I wouldn't be fussed, just as long as they brought out a Warcraft RTS which has up-to-date visuals and gameplay, I think all gamers concerned, including myself, would be satisfied.

CraeSC111
05-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Option 4: Starcraft MMO/shooter? I've always liked the starcraft series better.
For Warcraft I would go for another RTS. They should take a break from MMOs till they come up with new ideas. Or till everyone forgets WoW :p

Exentenzed
05-25-2012, 09:01 AM
You have a good point, but it would be no different from making an expansion for WoW I guess, in regards to the story. To be honest, I wouldn't be fussed, just as long as they brought out a Warcraft RTS which has up-to-date visuals and gameplay, I think all gamers concerned, including myself, would be satisfied.

Yes that is true, but what im saying is that i highly doubt they would ever sacrifice a World of Warcraft expansion story to create a RTS, and what would the people playing world of warcraft say if we continued the warcraft saga in a RTS singleplayer? im sorry to say, that i think world of warcraft needs to die out before we will see any innovation on the warcraft front.

Jayhmmz
05-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Option 4: Starcraft MMO/shooter? I've always liked the starcraft series better.
For Warcraft I would go for another RTS. They should take a break from MMOs till they come up with new ideas. Or till everyone forgets WoW :p

I'm pretty certain that this secret project Blizzard are doing right now (codename Titan I think) is going to be a Starcraft MMO, or something.

Yes that is true, but what im saying is that i highly doubt they would ever sacrifice a World of Warcraft expansion story to create a RTS, and what would the people playing world of warcraft say if we continued the warcraft saga in a RTS singleplayer? im sorry to say, that i think world of warcraft needs to die out before we will see any innovation on the warcraft front.

I don't think it needs to die out, because at the end of the day World of Warcraft was made from the Warcraft RTS franchise. Because it's a much loved RTS franchise, I don't think there would be any qualms from anybody in the Blizzard fandom. They can continue with their expansions for WoW, but they should have Warcraft 4 as a side-project, so they can release it between WoW expansions.

CraeSC111
05-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I don't think they are going to have a Warcraft rts any time soon because starcraft is still going strong

Jayhmmz
05-26-2012, 06:59 AM
I don't think they are going to have a Warcraft rts any time soon because starcraft is still going strong

You're probably right. Not everybody would agree with me, but Warcraft > Starcraft in my opinion. It's just what I prefer.

TheGateKeeper
05-26-2012, 08:01 AM
As much as I would love to get Warcraft 4, I don't think it will ever happen just because it wouldn't fit in. Unless they somehow put it before the events of WOW and after the events of Warcraft 3 that is.

Warcraft 3 was one of the great games of my childhood. I loved the Tower Defense games that you could play as a custom game mode.

Jayhmmz
05-26-2012, 08:43 AM
As much as I would love to get Warcraft 4, I don't think it will ever happen just because it wouldn't fit in. Unless they somehow put it before the events of WOW and after the events of Warcraft 3 that is.

Warcraft 3 was one of the great games of my childhood. I loved the Tower Defense games that you could play as a custom game mode.

To be honest, Blizzard have enough creative directors and creative writers to pull something off. But, it's whether or not they can be bothered doing it.