PDA

View Full Version : Google's PR Update

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I don't know how many people are familiar with Google and its PR (PageRank) but the update happens once every 3 to 4 months but one hasn't happened in the past 6 months and people got frustrated that depend on PR.

But this week google started updating the Pagerank and listen to this, it is not making anyone's PR higher but lower. All the sites that have been updated so far has lost a rank of One - one of my blogs went from PR3 to PR2.

People say google is trying to wipe out competition since Google is one of the very few PR10 sites out there. Some PR9 sites went back down to PR8 even with more than enough backlinks.

Anybody else follow up on this? Google is acting stupid - it hasnt updated the forum's PR yet, we are still at PR3

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 09:05 PM
man that must be annoying but i think google is PR 8 but i dunno lol. I dont think ive seen a PR 10 site

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 09:16 PM
here are some of the pr10 sites off the top of my mind

google.com
yahoo.com
microsoft.com
whitehouse.gov
adobe.com
macromedia.com (bought my adobe so it forwards to adobe.com)
apple.com
NASA.gov
w3.org - for copyright stuff, i used it when i made some wordpress themes a while back

there is probably a few more but these come to mind, i dont feel like looking them up since im kinda upset about all that crap now

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 09:24 PM
google page rank Firefox says:
Google.com 8
yahoo.com 10
microsoft.com 10
whitehouse.gov 10
adobe.com 10
apple.com 9
NASA.gov 10
w3.org 10

thats out of your list anyway. I thought i saw google as PR 8

I dunno if apple used to be 10 but that has dropped a PR also if it was 10

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 09:32 PM
i get PR10 for google but PR9 for apple - well thats what i was talking about, google downgrading to cut out competition

google cant go below PR10 because they created the PR - it's long name is Google's PR Update lol.

apple used to be 10 the last time i checked, for years, yahoo recently became PR10 because or no reason i guess, they were always PR9 until January of 2007 lol - i've been following closely :-)

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Maybe i only get PR 8 for google because it goes to the Uk page automatically instead of the .com

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Maybe i only get PR 8 for google because it goes to the Uk page automatically instead of the .com

yea thats why, the co.uk extension is a PR8 for some reason, i guess google is confused

im seeing drops in a lot of site PRs, bad google bad :mad1:

PyXL
10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Heh, imagine they banned MSN and Yahoo from their search engine?

I'd actually stop using them if they did that though, as I wouldn't want to use a search engine that acts like a tyrant lol.

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 04:16 PM
nah..they wont ban other search engines, they don't want people to think that they are trying to wipe out competition like that lol, and yahoo and msn are big companies - they will retaliate in one way or another

Jasperking
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
If microsoft owned google you will see a ton of search engines being wiped out :p lol

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 04:34 PM
microsoft cannot buy out google - google is worth half of what is microsoft is and they just cant buy it without losing a lot of resources - unless they profit that much yearly which isnt true lol

well if bill gates was a bit richer he could have bought google lol - but google will never sell, those a-hats there are mean and ugly and smart

Jasperking
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
heh this thread reminded me when i saw the words "google" in a swimming pool on google earth :p

Although i ment if they owned google from the start lol

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
lol then that wouldnt make any sense, there would just be msn and Yahoo to search lol

engines like ask.com and alltheweb.com and altavista.com gets their results from google, yahoo, and msn - any one of them or all of them.

alltheweb is a yahoo product! google has a lot of them too, like dmoz directory - the worlds largest internet web directory