PDA

View Full Version : Merge Misc and Computer Boards?

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Well I was thinking of doing this earlier but what would you guys think about If I merged the whole Computer category and put it under the MISC Category and put all the computer, graphics, website, and computer help board as sub categories for the larger computer board.

if you dont get what i am trying say just ask where you are confused

opinions and feedback appreciated - the reason for this was because i think since it is a gamng forum, the forum home page has more off topic boards than gaming and forum related lol

thank you!

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 04:40 PM
i think the graphics people will be annoyed that they only have sub category's then though :p. But is there a point behind doing this?

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
yea i stated that the front page looks more like a general forum than a gaming forum lol, after the top half of the forum home page, it goes down to off topics but i may not do this since everyone seems to be happy with the layout - but just getting some opinions on that anyway :)

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 04:43 PM
I am also happy with the layout of the forum :) i know this is ment to be a gaming forum but i like to talk about non-gaming related stuff on it too so its not a bad thing XD

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 04:46 PM
of course not lol, well do u see the entertainment board? that used to be a whole category lol, i just shrunk it up :D was thinking of we could do the computer board like that without causing too much confusion but if everyone is happy with it, oh well, i'll leave it

more boards will come if i can get that cs server in time, for support and discussion on that :D

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 04:48 PM
lol i guess we shouldnt make the main page too long then it would get annoying but we will have to ask people about that after the CS board is on there

FattaT
10-06-2007, 06:07 PM
lol, I think leave the graphic forum as is.
Maybe later when the site becomes more popular make it a sub-forum of computers.

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 06:19 PM
i may just leave it for now - the forum is longer for me lol, i have like 7 other boards i can view including the mvp and vip boards, anyone remember those? lol restricted to all but me cuz i couldnt get that usergroup working again

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
i knew a gfx pro would ask you to leave the graphics forum where it is XD lol

FattaT
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
i may just leave it for now - the forum is longer for me lol, i have like 7 other boards i can view including the mvp and vip boards, anyone remember those? lol restricted to all but me cuz i couldnt get that usergroup working again

You can always use the minimize buttons on the sides of the categories. Make it a bit shorter :-P

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
i can see the vip and mvp boards too. put computerboard under misc? you may not think so but computers are a big part of gaming especially pc gaming.. for example... your pc not good enouh for a game? want to know the cheapest way to make your pc capable? i rest my case... :P

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 07:32 PM
well yeah those aspects are important lol.. but not most of them :p and LiNuX is trying to make room for a CS board.... lol

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
i can see the vip and mvp boards too. put computerboard under misc? you may not think so but computers are a big part of gaming especially pc gaming.. for example... your pc not good enouh for a game? want to know the cheapest way to make your pc capable? i rest my case... :P

you can see those boards? hm..oh well, i'll let it be since ur gmod

can u see any other boards? lol