PDA

View Full Version : [GFR] Gamer Forum Reviews

GF Eric
10-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Ok so this is it guys. Today we start our reviews on games.

First off I need a staff to review multiple games. They have to be devoted, a critic, and on Gamers more then the average person.

Head of GFR:
-GF Eric

Staff:
-Blackbird
-Scott
-Jasperking
-
-

First Review:

Halo 3

This is the final installment in the Halo Universe. The Covenant have found Earth and have uncovered a Forerunner structure under the ruins of New Mumbassa. The Master Chief has joined up with the Arbiter. Now its time to stop the rings from being activated. will the Chief make it or not?

This games is great. It has very smart AI, the graphics are amazing, and the story is amazing. You will find yourself playing the campaign over and over again. The online multi player is awesome. The new ability to edit a multi player map is great with full customization. Pick up a copy today.

I give this a 5 out of 5.

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
well just a few questions, where will thse reviews go? on this thread or separate boards? and i am still trying to figure out a way toset up a blog at an inner page for this forum to give some reviews on there - user submitted of course

and as for your staff - r u taking just GF staff members or anyone that wishes to review?

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I think he wants any person to be staff as long as they are good critics.

Blackbird
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
I believe I'm can join your Eric if you need me. I like to Review PC and X-box 360.

Scott
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
You forgot to say that if you don't have Xbox live then take 1 star off of it^

I'd like to review 360 games if you are looking for people or TV Shows, I buy a lot of box sets!

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Im guessing sinse a majority of people have xbox 360's (not me lol) these reviews will be for xbox 360 only :p

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 06:19 PM
if i can set something up with the forum for a separate CMS for reviews like this i'll do some PC and PlayStation game reviews lol :D i put in a request for something like that a while back but got NO response after like 3 months

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:21 PM
hmm did you have many regular members and mods when you posted that before? because it seems like a good idea

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
i posted that on the vb forum, not here lol, cant request mods here unless someone can code vb mods :D but i just asked again a few mins ago, made a new thread lol and we'll wait for the response

edit: i've included this thread url in the announcement email i just sent out to all members :) hopefully that'll bring in some more intersted people to write reviews.

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:29 PM
update:

I was looking around all over the place for an extra cms and i may have found something called vbjournal - it'll come by this weekend hopefully so if anyone wants to submit their first article AS A TEST just post here and i'll give you permission and access to it - you will also get a PM when its up - i'll take about 3 more people - GF Eric will get access automatically

if you want to do this just write a brief review of a paragraph or two on any game and list the Game here so no one else does the game.

thank you!

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
I knw you say it should be done by this weekend. But what if your net doesnt get fixed :/ because u have some serious curse on you lol

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:38 PM
i just gave an estimate on when i should have my net back lol, its due to come back tomorow cuz the technician is coming by - i can install it earlier but its a long installation that requires a lot of template edits (and i have 2 enabled) that'll take at least an hour or so - so thats why i'd rather do it on a weekend than weekday :D

and if you will write the article - you can just right it up and post it whenever the CMS is up lol, even if its not this weekend - but it WILL come -

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Rofl i wonder if this forum will have a review site attached to it in the end and become really popular :)

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
isnt that what we are trying to do? lol

i would set up the front page as reviews but the portals i found would interfere with some of the other modifications lol, i had to go with an inner page with vbjournal :)

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Ah i see lol but it really would be kewl to have a review and forum because we may get tons of uniques all the time if we make a good review site.

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
that is the plan for now lol but we'll have to see how this goes

only a few membergroups will be able to post - maybe thats the next part of our staff base :D Game Reviewers or something lol

thats the plot to take over gamespot lol

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah i really want to take over gamespot.. got too big for their boots :p i wonder if we would get exclusive info from companies too.

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 05:01 PM
it could happen, just need to get a bit bigger :D the forum got really big today lol - im sure i told you about the post count for today :D this idea of Eric is probably going to multiply that - hopefully!

GF Eric
10-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Just so you know anyone can join and the people who asked will be added.

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Kewl i might join the pc side i guess but i would have to learn how to write really long good reviews without just copying and pasting :p

GF Eric
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Its ok just write what you feel like I did with the Halo 3. That was all me. But yea just create one. There is no standard but you must have written it yourself. We need a few PlayStation people and Nintendo people also. We have enough Xbox and PC people. We can also use some Online RPG people.

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I wouldnt mind doing either pc or online RPG/FPS myself if i am going to do it because i only have a PC

GF Eric
10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Ok I will put you down. Ok PS people we you and Nintendo we need you to.

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Ok then lol i will try to write some good reviews. So am i pc gaming or online gaming?

GF Eric
10-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah. Just so you know and this goes for everyone, review games that you have played. It can be new or old. It can be preview videos or demos. Remember its your review on a game or video or demo you have played.

Blackbird
10-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm going to sleep now. Maybe I do Reviews another time. :D

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 08:48 AM
So i know is there a date when this is going to start. Or is it at any time or when we get full staff

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 08:50 AM
it'll officially start when i set up the inner CMS for the article management and we will keep on adding staff if we have to :) the more reviews we have the better

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Kewl so that is hopefully this weekend lol. I hope you fix your net today if the technician is reliable :p

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 08:52 AM
yea im at class now and its still storming outside lol, hopefully he can come in time, still more than 6 hours left before appointment time

Scott
10-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I want to do a review of 24 Season 6.... if your doing TV/Movie reviews.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 08:57 AM
lol i thought u chose xbox 360 area :p. But im guessing its about all reviews even though its "gamers" lol. Have to wait till scott says since it it is his idea though

Scott
10-10-2007, 08:59 AM
lol i thought u chose xbox 360 area :p. But im guessing its about all reviews even though its "gamers" lol. Have to wait till scott says since it it is his idea though

Well for consoles I did but in one of my older posts I did say I would like to review some TV Shows too. I can do reviews on things I get on DVD like Supernatural, CSI NY, 24 and House.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 09:01 AM
lol ive only watched supernatural and only the early seasons of 24. So reviews on the ones i havent watched would be nice :p

Scott
10-10-2007, 09:03 AM
lol ive only watched supernatural and only the early seasons of 24. So reviews on the ones i havent watched would be nice :p

I mean that I'll reveiew them as soon as I have watched them which should be a week after there released. I'm not going to review something that has been around for a while.

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 10:08 AM
i doubt we'll allow movie reviews, maybe a section for it but it wont appear on frist page as "news" type but we'll see - i havent even set it up yet lol

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
lol maybe we should start with games then branch off to films but probably name that part something different to gamers forum reviews.

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 10:13 AM
yea lol, a sub-review cms for that lol

u dont see gamespot and IGN do movie reviews so i dont know if i want to start that anytime soon except for the in the boards

GF Eric
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Well lets be the first to do that. Anyways we need some topics ready when the boards opens up this weekend. Also anyone who is on the staff can review any gaming platform, movies, music, and television shows. If there is a way to split them into those topics then we are good. If not then we will do a setup where it will be with the title and platform/type.

Ex:
Call of Duty 4 (Xbox360)
Cave Man (Television)
Alien vs Predator 2 (Movie)

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I plan to set up the categories in both console format and Genre of games such as this board was first configured - not all games have just a single console but they are usually the same genre.

I havent had the chance to look at how to admin panel and set up is like to know if I can actually do that. All we have to do is wait.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Mind i think people do a review for every platform of some games because sometimes they are different.

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 03:36 PM
keyword: sometimes

games like GTA for any console is mostly the same - same missions, weapons, story, etc..

i cant think of a game thats different lol but i know there are more than a few around - just nothing coming to mind.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Well GOW is going to be alot different on the pc :) yay pc

snipeshootergal
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
lol i think this is a good idea nice job eric.

Vamp
10-11-2007, 12:44 AM
yeah, i have to admit, that could help alot.

GF Eric
10-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey I try my best but I am only ALIEN :-P