PDA

View Full Version : Arcade down 10/8/07

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Well this is just a heads up for our arcade fans out there - The arcade can be down tomorrow which is October 8, 2007 for upgrade reasons.

I will try to convert the arcade to a better version called ibproarcade - and hopefully hold some tournaments.

I Don't know how long the arcade will be down because I havent converted arcade scripts before to know how long it will take so I can let you know a maximum of 24 hours.

Wish me luck on the conversion and hope that the high scores does not go away.

Thanks!

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Woot cant wait for the new arcade. Well if possible while saving the scores.. dont want to do them again.

Im also happy that its being closed because i can rest from reclaiming lol

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 07:49 PM
well the mod should save all the scores because the scores are in the sql tables and im gonna try to use the same tables for the new arcade version, i'll have a backup of it so just incase i can't go thru with it lol

i know it'll be difficult for everyone to get back all the scores since we litterally have 1000s of scores recorded already.

i think ibproarcade has more games i can download and install :D but i have to confirm that after i set it up

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Kewl more games :). I cant wait to see what the tournament brings too XD. Might actually encourage people to play the arcade

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
lots of people already play the arcade lol, the arcade has like every page indexed in almost every search engine i've searched and it gets a lot of traffic but guests cant play which is a shame, forcing them to register and post :D

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 07:58 PM
lol so alot of people play? ive only seen a few play seriously. I guess their scores must suck then lol

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 08:05 PM
lol just check the scores, they have pages of them, just shows 10 per page and makes it look like just 10 people are playing

a lot more people used to play before but i guess it lost the hype so i guess we are tryign to bring that back :D

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope this new mod and tourny will make more people play. I dont like playing on my own :( lol. I like challenges in my games :)

Riku-Nara
10-07-2007, 08:46 PM
- and hopefully hold some tournaments.
Thanks!

cool. very cool.
but, i don't get what the change is actually doing.
are you just changing it because the current version is getting old?

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 08:48 PM
the arcade is changing over to a better version with more games

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
well its not a better "version" its a different software altogether - just like this forum was SMF and converted to vBulletin - its the same deal, its better, its bigger, and it has more features

and change of plans, arcade shutting off now

thanks!

Jasperking
10-07-2007, 08:56 PM
im guessing you are really excited then lol. I wouldnt have mind waiting since i got college tomoz :p

LiNuX
10-07-2007, 10:07 PM
thread closed - check for new announcement on this same board

thanks!