PDA

View Full Version : dota 2 beta

Trunks
09-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Anyone get a beta invite? I just checked my email and was pretty pumped to get it. Installing now, hopefully its way better than the original, because I wasn't a huge fan of it.

LiNuX
09-21-2012, 06:01 PM
I thought it was out of Beta? I haven't played mine since March but I did get their beta invite back in February.

It's ok, it didn't win me over like LoL did.

Trunks
09-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I don't think so, I don't ever remember a full version being released, plus you still have to be invited to play. It may be the full version though, who knows.

edit: xfire tells me that I'm playing the beta version.

LiNuX
09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Ah. Haven't really played attention to that game.

What's sad is that, even though the last time I played DOTA 2 was back in March, it's in my 5 recently played list on steam lol, it's number 4.

TheGateKeeper
09-24-2012, 04:58 PM
No but I wish I did :(

Trunks
09-24-2012, 07:51 PM
I don't like it at all. After playing LoL for so long it seems really lame. Still don't know how to recall, I pushed every letter on my keyboard hoping for a hotkey and got nothing. I try to push escape to see controls or settings, nothing comes up which is really odd for a game. The games really slow paced as well, takes forever to level up and get money compared to LoL. Plus the tower range is dumb, seems like it hits you half way across the map. Definitely won't be playing it again, waste of time.

LiNuX
09-24-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't like it at all. After playing LoL for so long it seems really lame. Still don't know how to recall, I pushed every letter on my keyboard hoping for a hotkey and got nothing. I try to push escape to see controls or settings, nothing comes up which is really odd for a game. The games really slow paced as well, takes forever to level up and get money compared to LoL. Plus the tower range is dumb, seems like it hits you half way across the map. Definitely won't be playing it again, waste of time.

I know how you feel. I don't not like it, I think it's moderate. The pace compared to LoL seems to be much slower for me too.[COLOR="Silver"]

Trunks
12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
For some reason Steam keeps sending me this game. They sent me 3 gift Dota 2 games, the full version to give away. I used them all, now they sent me two more. I don't have anymore people in RL to give them to lol. Either I already sent them one, or they signed up for the beta and already have it. So I have two full Dota 2 gifts to send. If you would like one, just post your steam ID and I'll send you one.

Mizel
12-14-2012, 07:42 AM
I actually got them too lol Weird, but awesome :P