PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Should I Get Mists of Pandaria?

TheGateKeeper
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Old time WoW player here; used to play vanilla and outlands. Thinking of going back to the game but need some opinions first.

What's it like guys? I did see some videos and it does look pretty, but looks does not equal fun.

Was thinking of restarting the game using a Panda monk to see what the new class feels like.

Also, do I get the previous expansions if I buy MoP?

kyojinalex
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
you would have to buy the other expansions leading up to MoP if you came back. However, if you have a friend that plays, ask them to send you a Scroll of Resurrection. If you use the SoR to reactivate your account you will automatically be upgraded to Cata for free, one character will be eligible to get leveled to 80 automatically and you get a free character transfer to move one of your characters to your friends server. Unfortunately, if you have already used an SoR on your account in the past, youre screwed....

As far as if MoP is worth it, I think so, so far. Cata was a big let down for me. MoP seems a little more fine tuned. My biggest complaint right now is the over simplified talent trees. I liked the old ones better, but thats just me.
I am enjoying the battle pet system WAY more than i ever thought I would have. Its a fun way to kill time waiting to queue for dungeons.

TheGateKeeper
10-16-2012, 03:37 AM
you would have to buy the other expansions leading up to MoP if you came back. However, if you have a friend that plays, ask them to send you a Scroll of Resurrection. If you use the SoR to reactivate your account you will automatically be upgraded to Cata for free, one character will be eligible to get leveled to 80 automatically and you get a free character transfer to move one of your characters to your friends server. Unfortunately, if you have already used an SoR on your account in the past, youre screwed....

As far as if MoP is worth it, I think so, so far. Cata was a big let down for me. MoP seems a little more fine tuned. My biggest complaint right now is the over simplified talent trees. I liked the old ones better, but thats just me.
I am enjoying the battle pet system WAY more than i ever thought I would have. Its a fun way to kill time waiting to queue for dungeons.

My friend has one, was not aware it gives you all of the expansions up to Cata too. Where can I find more info on this?

Also, insta level 80 sounds cheap lol.

kyojinalex
10-16-2012, 08:17 AM
This is the link to the SoR FAQ on the battle.net site

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ - Battle.net Support (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq)

CraeSC111
10-16-2012, 05:51 PM
In my opinion the newest expansion to WoW is fairly disappointing. Let your memories of WoW from the good days stay with you. Don't ruin it with Cata and MoP :p

kyojinalex
10-16-2012, 05:57 PM
nothing can ruing my memories of old WoW haha. If anything, the new expansions make me miss them more. Never forget!

TheGateKeeper
10-18-2012, 05:23 AM
This is the link to the SoR FAQ on the battle.net site

Scroll of Resurrection FAQ - Battle.net Support (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/scroll-of-resurrection-faq)

I see. That's cool but patch 1.0.5 just came out for Diablo 3 so that's gonna be hogging up my time now lol.

chararii
10-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I would not recommend you to buy MoP. I quit Wow two or three months ago while it was still Cata... Wow gets cheaper with every addon Blizz releases. I just got tired from the easiness (and whiny little twelve year-olds, GOD those twelve-year olds).
But to return to the topic, I participated in the beta and wasn't too impressed. It's all new of course but if you last played BC you'll be extremely disappointed by how this game changed. I cherish the good old times (and LOVED BC) but was glad I quit. There's nothing for you there ;)

TheGateKeeper
10-27-2012, 06:56 AM
I would not recommend you to buy MoP. I quit Wow two or three months ago while it was still Cata... Wow gets cheaper with every addon Blizz releases. I just got tired from the easiness (and whiny little twelve year-olds, GOD those twelve-year olds).
But to return to the topic, I participated in the beta and wasn't too impressed. It's all new of course but if you last played BC you'll be extremely disappointed by how this game changed. I cherish the good old times (and LOVED BC) but was glad I quit. There's nothing for you there ;)

They sent me an email saying I could get MOP 40% off lol. Just another reason NOT to get the game :P.

CraeSC111
10-27-2012, 10:51 AM
Now imagine how I felt about the quality of D3 when they said I could get it free with a year of WoW. I kid :p

ROFLBRYCE
10-28-2012, 03:39 AM
In my opinion the newest expansion to WoW is fairly disappointing. Let your memories of WoW from the good days stay with you. Don't ruin it with Cata and MoP :p
Both expansions are awesome. Cata breathed new life into the 1-80 world, and was super fun as well. MoP is crazy fun as well, don't just judge without playing it :P

I would not recommend you to buy MoP. I quit Wow two or three months ago while it was still Cata... Wow gets cheaper with every addon Blizz releases. I just got tired from the easiness
Remember how vanilla and tbc took like a month of solid gaming to hit end level? If that was still the case, plus the 2-3 weeks in wrath, the week or 2 in cata, and extra week or 2 in MoP would be too long and just no fun to grind through. They make the exp easier so you can get to the end game content faster (the part of the game with 90% of the content) For someone like me who gets to play 1-10 hours a week, rolling a toon is fun and not a chore. Makes it easier for guilds who need that shammy up at 90 to heal in a week, frig I'm using heirlooms for the first time and hit 30 with like 9 hours playtime it's a blast to me.

Try the week demo. Roll a Pandaren (fun starting zone) and go through Pandaria on your max toon as well. It's beautiful, there's a lot of new unique stuff. For anyone going "Oh stupid pet battles" don't do them. You don't have to. "Stupid pandas" don't roll one. The Pandarens are a cool race, the pet battles are another good time waster instead of AFK'ing in dungeon queue, and the raids are a bit of a ride too so I've heard (still only at 89)

There's more and more fun with each expansion, at least give it a shot man!

TheGateKeeper
10-30-2012, 06:21 AM
Now imagine how I felt about the quality of D3 when they said I could get it free with a year of WoW. I kid :p

Lol nice one.