PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Helping me get stared?

FrogBox
10-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm starting game reviews for a YouTuber who asked me to review old style games. But I need a little help, not with writing the review, but making it look original. See, I want to do something like the Zero Punctuation reviews, because I can't have video of the gameplay, but I still want something the view can look at. Any have a few ideas on what I could do and how I could do it?

CraeSC111
10-03-2012, 07:44 PM
How good are you with animation? Or drawing

FrogBox
10-03-2012, 10:14 PM
How good are you with animation? Or drawing
Honestly, slightly below average with drawing, and really bad with animation.

TheGateKeeper
10-04-2012, 03:44 AM
Maybe you could put a slideshow of screenshots while you talk? If you can't have gameplay at least put some pictures up.

FrogBox
10-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe you could put a slideshow of screenshots while you talk? If you can't have gameplay at least put some pictures up.
Maybe, but I was kind of hoping for something a little more entertaining to the audience, but yeah, maybe.

Psychotray
10-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Just get a few Gameplays and compile them together, if you're talking about reviewing PS1 games.
You could get an emulator, and use Fraps when you play them to record the Gameplay.

FrogBox
10-04-2012, 09:10 AM
i'm reviewing GBC games right now, i just finished writing the review and ill probably just get a few screen shots to coincide with what im talking about. thanks for the help guys, ill post the review here in case anyone wants to read it (keep it mind this was meant to be heard, and also there are no commas and such because it is meant to be fast)

Hey everyone it's josh from GigaGamers I'm the reviewer of old style games and today we will be taking a look at pokemon yellow
because it is one of the most popular oldies around.

pokemon yellow is a RPG where you go around throwing stuff and wild animals and traping them in what appear to be their own lopped off testicals

you play as a boy who you get to name and which i always call "Tit" because i can.

when you start the game and try to leave town an old man jumps out at you and invites you in for candy....i mean a pokemon.

he then tells you to go out and battle, catch and enslave wild pokemon without even consulting your mother because she is a woman and had no control over events in those days

there is also a group of badies going around known as team rocket and they will abush you AT THE WORST DAMN MOMENTS like when you go though MT.Moon and have to battle half a dozen people team rocket will jump out at the very end when all your pokemon are practically dead they're easy though but they wont go down without poisoning your last pokemon when it has 3 health causing it to faint after you take 3 steps and sending you back to the pokemon center on the other side of the damn cave

there are a few bugs in the game but not really anything that bad there is one glitch where you get a pokemon with fly or catch an abra with teleport and you go up to one of the people in one of the tows and then teleport away just as he see's you causing you to go back to the pokemon center afterwards you have to go back up there and battle some guy then walk around them all and you will find mew

this is the only known way to get mew in the game so it makes me wonder if this was accidental or not

but above all pokemon yellow is a very fun very addictive very frustrating game and i think anyone over the age of 9 should have already played it in there life time

it's pretty short and i will probably add on to it when i get home but i don't think it's too bad for a 6 min job.

Psychotray
10-04-2012, 09:16 AM
i'm reviewing GBC games right now, i just finished writing the review and ill probably just get a few screen shots to coincide with what im talking about. thanks for the help guys, ill post the review here in case anyone wants to read it (keep it mind this was meant to be heard, and also there are no commas and such because it is meant to be fast)

Hey everyone it's josh from GigaGamers I'm the reviewer of old style games and today we will be taking a look at pokemon yellow
because it is one of the most popular oldies around.

pokemon yellow is a RPG where you go around throwing stuff and wild animals and traping them in what appear to be their own lopped off testicals

you play as a boy who you get to name and which i always call "Tit" because i can.

when you start the game and try to leave town an old man jumps out at you and invites you in for candy....i mean a pokemon.

he then tells you to go out and battle, catch and enslave wild pokemon without even consulting your mother because she is a woman and had no control over events in those days

there is also a group of badies going around known as team rocket and they will abush you AT THE WORST DAMN MOMENTS like when you go though MT.Moon and have to battle half a dozen people team rocket will jump out at the very end when all your pokemon are practically dead they're easy though but they wont go down without poisoning your last pokemon when it has 3 health causing it to faint after you take 3 steps and sending you back to the pokemon center on the other side of the damn cave

there are a few bugs in the game but not really anything that bad there is one glitch where you get a pokemon with fly or catch an abra with teleport and you go up to one of the people in one of the tows and then teleport away just as he see's you causing you to go back to the pokemon center afterwards you have to go back up there and battle some guy then walk around them all and you will find mew

this is the only known way to get mew in the game so it makes me wonder if this was accidental or not

but above all pokemon yellow is a very fun very addictive very frustrating game and i think anyone over the age of 9 should have already played it in there life time

it's pretty short and i will probably add on to it when i get home but i don't think it's too bad for a 6 min job.

That's..... Something. If you're aiming for a funny review, this is well-suited, but if you're trying to be serious, you probably need to re-write that, hahaha. It sounds good for 6 minutes worth of writing.

FrogBox
10-04-2012, 09:19 AM
That's..... Something. If you're aiming for a funny review, this is well-suited, but if you're trying to be serious, you probably need to re-write that, hahaha. It sounds good for 6 minutes worth of writing.
yeah, i meant for it to be funny, im going to need to add more when i get home though.

Psychotray
10-04-2012, 09:25 AM
yeah, i meant for it to be funny, im going to need to add more when i get home though.

Well, that being said, by all means keep at it!
I'm keen to see what you come up with!

FrogBox
10-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Well, that being said, by all means keep at it!
I'm keen to see what you come up with!
Well I'll post a link here when I send the video in to be uploaded.