PDA

View Full Version : How do you pronounce the champion names?

paecmaker
12-23-2012, 09:57 AM
In Lol there are many chamions with strange and often hard names, so how do you pronounce them.

For example

Everywhere I look people pronounce Ashe like "Ash", while I personally say Ash(e), its the same for kayle.

LiNuX
12-23-2012, 10:15 AM
I pronounce it Ash and "Kail"

I had class with a girl named Ashe in college, she pronounced it just Ash.

In firefly , the girl was named Kaylee, but she had 2 e's at the end so there we pronounced it Kayleeeeee.

paecmaker
12-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I pronounce it Ash and "Kail"

I had class with a girl named Ashe in college, she pronounced it just Ash.

In firefly , the girl was named Kaylee, but she had 2 e's at the end so there we pronounced it Kayleeeeee.

I guess that is the way its meant to be said :embarrassed:

LiNuX
12-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Since they're not real people, there is no right or wrong way. It's not like you're gonna offend them :-P

paecmaker
12-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Since they're not real people, there is no right or wrong way. It's not like you're gonna offend them :-P

Not them, well lets just say its lucky that I dont play with others via Skype(except close friends and they pronounce it the same way as I do) or else I would probably hear things very often, Im pretty sure Ashe and Kayle arent the only ones I pronounce different. :p

Also when Im already here, what do you guys think about the login screen now(Here comes Vi)

LiNuX
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
Not them, well lets just say its lucky that I dont play with others via Skype(except close friends and they pronounce it the same way as I do) or else I would probably hear things very often, Im pretty sure Ashe and Kayle arent the only ones I pronounce different. :p

Also when Im already here, what do you guys think about the login screen now(Here comes Vi)

I still wouldn't worry about being right and wrong. Sure some people may take it seriously but that's on them.

As for the login screen, I think it's ok. I turn off animation by default so I don't know what that looks like.

Ziek88
12-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I refer to them as squishy slow arrow and annoying angle *****. I feel it's fitting. As long as your team knows who you're refering too all is well.

Trunks
12-27-2012, 08:59 AM
The staff of LoL even pronounces them all different. Phreak, one of the people who do champion spot lights pronounce nidalee nid - ee - ley. A game designer who creates the champions posted on the forum saying that the correct pronunciation is nid - uh - lee.

The only pronunciation that I hate is shacos. Apparently it's supposed to Shake-Oh, But I pronounce it how it is spelled, Shack-Oh. Not sure how they get Shake-Oh from that.

paecmaker
12-27-2012, 09:15 AM
The staff of LoL even pronounces them all different. Phreak, one of the people who do champion spot lights pronounce nidalee nid - ee - ley. A game designer who creates the champions posted on the forum saying that the correct pronunciation is nid - uh - lee.

The only pronunciation that I hate is shacos. Apparently it's supposed to Shake-Oh, But I pronounce it how it is spelled, Shack-Oh. Not sure how they get Shake-Oh from that.

Thats how I pronounce shaco( shack-oh) shake-oh just sounds weird :p

Ziek88
12-27-2012, 12:13 PM
Shake-Oh sounds weird. I say it Shock-oh.

LiNuX
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM

Nidalee i pronounce like the game designer and shaco as how you pronounce it, but I've played with people over teamspeak/mumble where the pronounce it shake-oh.