PDA

View Full Version : have you though about?

snipeshootergal
10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Have you thought about maybe putting some music on the forum. I think that would be cool

It would get more people to be on more i guess lol. Because i liek listening to music so do other people

So its a good thing to do.:-)

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 07:50 PM
hmm i dunno if you can exactly do that in just CSS. But i guess we can make an FM station on a site like most forums do

Scott
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I dunno, what HUGE Forum has an FM Radio on it? and music on the forum would just p*** me off because I like to listen to my own music not the forums

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
No not FM radio actually on it. Just a link to a site with their station on lol. But i think she means music u can turn on and off

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
i dont know how that would be set up, setting up a radio would only be available on one page but i'll look into it, dont think there is anything for vb for this - the forums that use this have it custom coded

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 08:05 PM
So you dont have any way to change the CSS much at all except for the skin?

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 08:11 PM
yea i can change the css but it doesnt have anything to what was requested, that requires a mod or a script i dont have - if its a mod for vb i can easily install it, if its a separate script, i'll have some difficulty

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Well its just ive never seen it on a forum before so i dont think there is a mod for it.

lonewolfxix
10-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Adding a music feed onto the site will use a lot of bandwidth and slow the forum greatly, even at a 32kbps music feed, if 10 people are listening that's 320kbps needed upstream. It's also now illegal to run your own online radio station unless you pay a $50,000/year loyalty fee and since the station would be advertised on the site we could be sued pretty fast since linux's server provider will be approached by the feds and RIAA and so will any DJ's. So putting a feed straight into the site takes too much bandwidth that would be better put to use loading all these lovely posts and pictures and a radio station could put us all in trouble.

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Adding a music feed onto the site will use a lot of bandwidth and slow the forum greatly, even at a 32kbps music feed, if 10 people are listening that's 320kbps needed upstream. It's also now illegal to run your own online radio station unless you pay a $50,000/year loyalty fee and since the station would be advertised on the site we could be sued pretty fast since linux's server provider will be approached by the feds and RIAA and so will any DJ's. So putting a feed straight into the site takes too much bandwidth that would be better put to use loading all these lovely posts and pictures and a radio station could put us all in trouble.

lol yeah there is always the bandwidth issue and the legal problems, most sites that have this type of thing on their site usually has a custom coded script and permission from either the radio or artists depending on what they put on the forum.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Lol actually i dont think they get permission lol as no one checks forums for music :p. But ye that bandwith issue will be horrible. The best you can do is do what i do... listen to you own music?? lol

snipeshootergal
10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
oh well thats ok i was just suggesting didn't mean to make any trouble if i did.

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 04:28 PM
no its no trouble lol, if you have more suggestions just throw it to us :D we are always here to hear suggestions of members

snipeshootergal
10-10-2007, 04:49 PM
ok thanks for trieng any way guys! it was a good suggestion at least