PDA

View Full Version : Question about revoltec keyboards

Sergio
10-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi, there.

I've just bought a revoltec lightboard (xl 2). Was a bit surprised that it didn't bring any disk with it's own software, before this one I had a mid-low price keyboard from microsoft and it had it's own software for controlling all the hotkeys it had. The revoltec manual just says to turn the computer on and plug it in and the install will commence. The windows installs some basic drivers but that's it, and the hotkeys won't work. WHen I removed the microsoft keyboard I also removed the "microsoft intellitype pro 5.1" program that managed the keyboard. Should I re-install it again to make the revoltec's extra keys work? Do the other brands keyboards use microsoft's intellitype to make their fancy keyboards extra keys work? It's that I searched for keyboard software for revoltec but there is nothing except for the fight models.

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
what OS are you using this keyboard with?

LiNuX
10-10-2007, 06:30 PM
did u restart your computer after the unistall and the install? you usually have to restart after each for it to work properly, i had a ton of problems when i was installing a video card a while back lol

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Rofl yeah i did the same thing with my video card XD i got windows to BSOD me a few times so i thought my harddrive was faulty..well i think it was abit. So i had to reinstall the OS a few times because i couldnt figure out problem

Sergio
10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm using windows XP home.
Yes, after every uninstall and install I would restart it. That wasn't the problem.
Anyway, I've installed microsoft's intellitype pro again and now the hotkeys works, even it's not a microsoft keyboard.
I just find so anoying that a expensive brand like revoltec don't even bother to put something so basic like a little program to run the keyboard in a 40$ item.

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm using windows XP home.
Yes, after every uninstall and install I would restart it. That wasn't the problem.
Anyway, I've installed microsoft's intellitype pro again and now the hotkeys works, even it's not a microsoft keyboard.
I just find so anoying that a expensive brand like revoltec don't even bother to put something so basic like a little program to run the keyboard in a 40$ item.

well if u can just return it and get your money back - sometimes big companies act stupid for no reason, its not just you, trust me :mask:

lonewolfxix
10-12-2007, 04:23 AM
This is probably the first time i've heard of "revoltec" are you sure they're as high quality as you think? software isn't needed to run a keyboard and to be honest i don't use the hotkeys so to me this wouldn't be a concern. do the hotkeys actually relate to programs on your pc? you could probably get a program to configure the hotkeys yourself.

diablo
10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
i've seen revoltec product at circuit city the other day, right next to the logitech mouse i was looking at lol

valmont
04-27-2008, 02:40 AM
Maybe a razer lycosa keyboard will give you less hassle..

Check out my store for it!

Cheers:-)