PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: Ghost

Trunks
04-29-2013, 11:14 AM
As many of you know, I'm a huge call of duty fan and some new information on the next CoD has been released. None of this is confirmed, but activitsion has announced to release information May 1st.

Some leaked information says the game is to be called Call of Duty: Ghost and it will be released on Next Gen consoles. It is also said to have a new engine, so all the haters can find something new to complain about.

Again, nothing is confirmed until May 1st.

paecmaker
04-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Im actually pretty interested in what engine they will use.

Ziek88
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
I still believe COD 4 is my favorite. The more recent versions have been disappointing to me. The wave mode in MW3 is pretty awesome though. I do like those a lot. My judgement is bias though. I'm a SOCOM II fan so I'm just bitter against any other FPS haha.

paecmaker
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
The only thing I really dont like about cod(I dont really care about what engine they got, except when they get a new one :p) is the big focus on killstreaks and deathstreaks.

LiNuX
04-29-2013, 09:47 PM
I still believe COD 4 is my favorite. The more recent versions have been disappointing to me. The wave mode in MW3 is pretty awesome though. I do like those a lot. My judgement is bias though. I'm a SOCOM II fan so I'm just bitter against any other FPS haha.

I used to play a ton of SOCOM II on my PS2.

I'm not a huge fan of COD games, although I've played most of them (still haven't played Black Ops II or MW3 though). I know a few people who would jump to buy the new CoD game without question.

Ziek88
04-30-2013, 06:51 AM
I used to play a ton of SOCOM II on my PS2.

I'm not a huge fan of COD games, although I've played most of them (still haven't played Black Ops II or MW3 though). I know a few people who would jump to buy the new CoD game without question.

I've been trying really hard with a PS2 Emulator to attempt to get SOCOM II to connect to my home network so I can play it LAN with friends. So darn close but can't quite get it there.
*Side note: I do actually own a PS2 w/ network card and SOCOM II so no I didn't just download them and steal them.

I haven't tried Black Ops II either. Black Ops didn't impress me that much. The Modern Warefares are better in my opinion. MW3 has a really fun survival mode that I play with a friend.

Trunks, is the next one in line part of MW line?

I think my main problem with COD is they release games too fast. I feel every other year if not every 3-4 years would be better. They really aren't terrible and compared to most shooters these days they are pretty good. I just hate how every year it's "start over at level 1 and work your way up again."

Trunks
04-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Trunks, is the next one in line part of MW line?

I think my main problem with COD is they release games too fast. I feel every other year if not every 3-4 years would be better. They really aren't terrible and compared to most shooters these days they are pretty good. I just hate how every year it's "start over at level 1 and work your way up again."

Yeah, this is supposed to be a new series, starting all from scratch. New engine, new story and even new developer. Sludge Hammer games is making their own version for the first time. So it should be interesting.

Sludge Hammer did help with MW3, but they weren't the main developing team.

Again though, not a lot confirmed until tomorrow, Sludge Hammer games is supposed to release information.

Ziek88
05-01-2013, 06:30 AM
I feel like a company called Sludge Hammer should be involved with Borderlands.

I may check the new one out if they are getting new people to work on it. They may have some new ideas. Time will tell. Maybe I'll even try it for PC. I need to get better at mouse/keyboard fps games.

Kenoi
05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
researched a bit on it, looks pretty neat. And a whole new engine huh?

Trunks
05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Well Activision finally released some information. So it's confirmed that the title is Call of Duty Ghost, and the release date will be November 5th.

No word on what console it's going to be released on yet. I'd say if it's going to be on PS3 and 360 there won't be a new engine.

Trunks
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Well it's available to pre order on Game Stop, and they have it for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. so I'd say no next gen consoles, which most likely means no new engine.

Ziek88
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Could always be like when PS3 and Xbox360 came out. They released a CoD then for both current gen and next gen. Even if that be the case you are still probably correct.

eimatam
06-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Graphics are awesome