PDA

View Full Version : Solo Ranked Games

LiNuX
07-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Anyone here play solo ranked in League of Legends? I know there was a thread about 3v3 ranked before but I've never actually played ranked as part of a team. The only bad part about playing solo is getting placed with morons on your team who play just to troll (not talking about people having bad games).

Lately I found myself to only play Ranked (or ARAM if I don't have enough time for a full game) and I find it very fun. I'm competitive in nature and the competition the leagues and tiers provide is very fun for me.

Recently I made it up to Silver I.

xLykos
07-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Ive been stuck in Silver 4 for a long time now. I make it to a promo series and then Riot decides to screw me and stick me with the worst and most toxic players ever....

LiNuX
07-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Ive been stuck in Silver 4 for a long time now. I make it to a promo series and then Riot decides to screw me and stick me with the worst and most toxic players ever....

That was me at Silver 2 and 3. But Silver 4 was the easiest ride ever, I think I played a total of 6 or 7 games (including the series), all wins.

Now in Silver 1, I played a few games, looked up most people at lolking and usually 3/5 of my teammates are in the bronze while 3/5 of the other team is in Gold. Lost 3 games in a row, but won my last one because for some reason, 4/5 people on the other team didn't have any stats at all where as 1 other person (besides me) on my team was at a decent ELO, so it was basically a 2v1 game, the other 7 players in the game didn't really affect anything in the match.

Matchmaking is weird.

xLykos
07-13-2013, 10:24 PM
I made it into my promo series in Silver 4 and after losing that I plummeted down to 0 lp.....

LiNuX
07-13-2013, 11:06 PM
I made it into my promo series in Silver 4 and after losing that I plummeted down to 0 lp.....

In silver 3, I went to the series 6 times before going on a losing streak down to around 20lp. Won my 6th time, but barely. Won third game because the other team messed up at baron.

In silver 2, I beat the series in one go (3 games still) but I went up to 90+ points 4 times before dropping to single digits twice.

Silver 1 is more difficult. My first win just gave me 8 lp for some reason.

mmoraven
07-14-2013, 01:52 AM
Yeah their league point system can be a little weird. Sometimes you find yourself getting 5 lp, or 20lp.
I really wish i knew what the algorithm was! :)

LiNuX
07-14-2013, 02:48 AM
The most I've gotten is 29 lp.

Ziek88
07-15-2013, 04:39 AM
I Solo Que from time to time. Mostly to prevent decay. I usually aim for the team route. I placed in silver 5 and haven't put much effort in to climbing. Average 20-30 lp per win though. I've been slowly building a team of folks though for 5v5 ranked which we should be starting next time 5 of us are online at a time.

mmoraven
07-15-2013, 07:30 AM
I think if you get placed too high you gain LP slower and vice versa in order for players to climb to their 'hidden elo'
At least that's what someone told me!

Trunks
07-15-2013, 10:47 AM
I was at Silver I at one point. Then got down to Silver IV due to a ridiculous amount of horrible team mate and unlucky games. I'm almost at my promotion serious for Silver 3 now.

xLykos
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Woot got demoted the other night, back to Sivler V.....

mmoraven
07-21-2013, 05:10 AM
I love how everyone wants to play mid in my solo q. Lol.