PDA

View Full Version : PM Disabled for Registered Users

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I have gotten some complaints via pm and IM about how some members are spamming their PM inbox and i have banned one person before for doing that to me and I hope not to do it again.

So for that reason - anyone that hasn't been a member for 24 hrs and with under 10 posts - you cannot send PMs but you can still receive.

Getting 10 posts isn't very hard since this forum gets hundreds a day.

If anyone has any opinions and feedback on my actions just let me know. Thank you!

Jasperking
10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
that is a good idea even though sometimes they pm you for help with something. But i guess they can write it in the questions thread instead

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
oh yea i got that. i was going to tell you....

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 06:18 PM
oh yea i got that. i was going to tell you....

u got what? a spam private message?

if anyone gets spam via PM just let me know and i'll deal with it.

GF Eric
10-11-2007, 06:25 PM
This is a very good idea. I have to admit that is cool and it helps out with some other things around the forum.

Mr Cool
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I got the spam pm from a member called einstein

LiNuX
10-11-2007, 06:57 PM
I got the spam pm from a member called einstein

lol u could have just pmed me and told me, no need to go public lol but anyway yes, he is one of our current spammers via pm

if he does it any more times he will be banned, an infraction was already given to him

diablo
10-12-2007, 08:30 AM
i havent gotten any spam pm from that guy, but thats stupid to do that so i think this is a good idea, 10 posts isnt hard, i mean, i did it right? :D

giga_girl
10-12-2007, 10:15 AM
yah thats correct diablo..10 posts isnt hard...1 thing that i've noticed here,
**the members are nice that is why i keep on staying here and always visiting here..

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Yep most the members on here are nice people lol. Also about this 10 posts thing.. will it be the same as posting links meaning you have to wait 24 hours. Because im guessing that u need to be apart of registered users 2 to do this

giga_girl
10-12-2007, 11:10 AM
exactly!!!... i am also a member from the other forum but i decided to leave b'coz of their wordings like (f***k you, WTF)....huh!!

Jasperking
10-12-2007, 11:11 AM
well swearing is kinda banned here.. i guess you can use friken and stuff like since it is not as violent. But a gaming community is usually a peaceful one as long as you dont have people who think they are leet

LiNuX
10-12-2007, 11:20 AM
as long as you dont have people who think they are leet

lol thats pretty true and those are the annoying ones that think they are better than everybody else

and swearing here is not allowed - most of the words will get censored automatically but sometimes we can let it pass depending on what you are talking about cuz @$$ means donkey :D