PDA

View Full Version : PS4 now or later

Kalgalath
10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
A friend of mine says he's waiting a year before getting his PS4 because he thinks when it first comes out there will likely be allot of bugs and other issues.

He also thinks it will be cheaper a year from now.

I tend to disagree but I haven't seen any facts to support either one of us.

Personally, I think it would be better to have it now anyway.

Even if there are bugs, why would you want to listen to everyone talk about having one for a whole year before you get one?

Trunks
10-01-2013, 07:36 PM
I won't be getting either system for awhile either, for me, I don't see the point in dishing out 600 dollars when I have a PC now capable of playing games on par with the PS4, or more likely, a lot better.

Ziek88
10-02-2013, 07:30 AM
I'm with Trunks on this one. Most games I want to play, I can play on my PC which has far better hardware all around. New tech is always a gamble. Odds are there will be bugs so best bet is probably to wait a few revisions before buying. Price will almost definitely have dropped a year from now.

Mizel
10-02-2013, 09:24 AM
I've seen more than one person on Facebook that has it already pre-ordered. I just facepalm and move on.

Trunks
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I mean if I didn't play games on my PC, I'd probably pre order it as well. I wouldn't want to be sitting around playing my 360, that's for sure.

ROFLBRYCE
10-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I'd like to hold off and wait to see what happens, but my girlfriend's got other plans. She's gonna go wait opening night 3 hours away where they're doing midnight release the crazy woman, which is more dedication than I've got xD I don't think it'll be buggy so much, just there's not a whole ton of launch titles that interest me on top of dropping ~$500 on a console.

All4PS
11-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I would also recommend waiting. At least a couple of moths. I'm cautious of the new consoles, because I don't want stuff like the old X360 versions RROD happening to something I paid so much

dalessio094
11-28-2013, 08:59 PM
i got ps4 on launch the best thing to buy no, they are doing updates and making sure that the system runs smooth i have yet to have problems with the system it's self but battlefield 4 has given me trouble i have lost my story mode save file 5 times and on the fifth time i was about almost done the game and now i have to start over again, but
don't let that stop you from buying it now.

EpsilonX
12-01-2013, 01:34 PM
It probably won't be cheaper in a year, but I don't really think there's much point in having one now. Sure, it's exciting to have new hardware, but there are only 2 games right now I would want (killzone and knack, neither of which are games I would have gotten on a last gen console) and there is no ps3 backwards compatibility (unsure about ps1/ps2 compatibility). I might get one mid-late next year, but even then it might be too early, since the games I want that will be out by then are also coming to ps3/360.

Kenoi
12-02-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm going with Eps on this one,

not too many good games are out for it, but i'm sure they look great (graphic-wise). I'll probably get one a year later.
I'm still collecting some games for ps3/ps2... and also getting into PC gaming lately