PDA

View Full Version : Important Pc buying games and running them

Imperial_Kade
10-21-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm new on this forum one of the reasons I've made an account on this website is to inform and get informed about games and their value. Has anyone ever bought a game off steam and was all excited waited about 3-4 hours to download a game and you start it and its glitchy as everything

When I first started playing pc I played skyrim if any knows skyrim runs great on a regular pc but as I played more I've spent 30-60 on single games that I can't even play not just 1 but many so here on this thread if anyone knows of games that need top dollar machines to run please say so I or no one spends money on nothing

-Kade

Trunks
10-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Good thing to do is to go to this site Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri)

It will tell you if you can or can't run a game, just search a game before you but it.

Ziek88
10-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri)

I typically check that site before I buy a game to ensure my system can run it. Glitchy is sometimes different than the machine can't handle it though. I've encountered many games that had glitches either related to other software I was running or a driver issue. Usually those can be resolved. As for computer not being able to run it, generally the system requirements listed with the game are pretty accurate. The link I put also is fairly accurate. Not perfect but decent.

Were there any games you had in mind specifically you ran in to trouble with?

@trunks
Way to sneak that in while I was typing my response haha.

Imperial_Kade
10-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Dead Island oh man was that a let down I had problems with my graphics cards not to mention the game just exiting without warning not saving my progress in doing so.

People tell me not to buy rage which unless you have a top notch graph. Card?

I'm probally gunna start using that website before I purchase games now I mean I did check to see if my stuff would RUN it but I didn't know if it would run fluently or good or what ever you wanna call it

Trunks
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
If you can play Skyrim, then you can play Rage lol. Should be the same with Dead Island, just go to the website Ziek and I posted and find out for your self... lol

Imperial_Kade
10-21-2013, 02:01 PM
That's weird because seriously (I'm using a crappy computer that's why I've built my own but hasn't gotten to me yet) I can play skyrim fine but I get lots of problems with dead island?

Trunks
10-21-2013, 02:21 PM
It's been said 3 times already. Go to the website posted above. If you can't run a game very well, it will tell you what part is making the game run slow...